Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 3,072

Harmonie

@Snaplocket The footage of the leaked game show no improvement over the Wild Area we were shown at E3. The trees still look like OOT trees.

@jump I heard it on another forum and have not been following the leaks as I want to leave some up to surprise, so I'm not really sure of the details. However, IIRC, I think the person who posted about it mentioned that certain areas are set at certain types of day. That's probably how Espeon and Umbreon work. BUT take this all with a grain of salt.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Ralizah

@Snaplocket Depending on how fast you take things, one's playtime in these titles can vary wildly. I'd basically expect this to be about as long as most later-gen Pokemon games.

And yeah, people who play leaked copy of games to gab about them online usually aren't stopping to smell the roses.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Harmonie

@Snaplocket TBH, the visuals have never even been my concern. Yes, I'd like them to be better, but if everything else was excellent, I would just laugh it off.

The problem comes when GF does stuff like cut the National Dex with the stated reason being to make the games better, but we still end up with OOT trees.

Harmonie

jump

I expect I will get a 100+ hours out of it regardless of however long the story is. The meat and potatoes of the game for me is when I can properly breed and build a team.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Maelwolf

@Harmonie You sure about Day/Night? That diorama website promotion specifically showed nighttime and Pokémon out during then.

Maelwolf

Maelwolf

@Galenmereth Same, easily my most anticipated game this year. With how great it looks so far, I have the feeling I’ll have a lot of games I haven’t got around to finishing yet go on the long-term backlog!

Maelwolf

Harmonie

@Maelwolf What I read mentioned that certain areas "can have night". I'm not sure what exactly that means. Maybe there is a cycle in certain areas but not others?

Harmonie

-Juice-

@Harmonie
Nah, just bugs. One town has its day/night mismatched with all of the others, the Legendary Pokemon battle theme doesn’t play at all in the current version (dead silence), some things seem to freeze at times during certain actions. Sometimes Pokemon also pop out randomly in towns. Hopefully there will be a day one patch.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

jump

Galenmereth wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say leakers may not have access to actual release version? Keep in mind I haven't watched any leaks because I want to explore this game for myself, and make up my own mind.

There's no reason to suspect they aren't the release version. It'd actually be a lot of tougher to get hold of an unfinished copy of the game as that would be kept within Ninty themselves but most leaks like this come from review copies that are sent out.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

-Juice-

@Galenmereth A lot of them got the games early. Retailers have been pretty bad about Pokemon street dates ever since X and Y.

In fact, the whole reason we first learned about the starter evos and dex number was because people had gotten the games early this gen.

As for your theory about incompetence, well... https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/dv463w/apparent_lea...
...take that with a grain of salt though. It seems too optimistic imo. Lol

Edited on by -Juice-

-Juice-

@DarthNocturnal
I see the overblown response as a good thing, and here’s why:

We’ve always been pretty polite about our grievances with the 3D games, and ask nicely for a patch. They always respond with what amounts to an “lol nah” and we’re like “oh... okay.”

Now that there has been an unprecedented grievance, perhaps we could have an unprecedented response. That is, maybe they’ll finally start adding things with patches, despite how adamant they always are about not doing that. At the very least they could make us happier by updating the game to allow us to turn off the shared exp, or even give us a hard mode.

They said this was the game for veterans, so they might as well do what other companies do when they realize they didn’t understand what we wanted: patch the game until it’s up to snuff.

I mean, the new Pokemon are so cool, and I love the aesthetics that they actually did take their time with (like the main character designs). They should dedicate their time to making this thing an actual $60 value out of respect to their veteran fans, who have pretty much swallowed their general dissatisfaction for about six years now.

Edited on by -Juice-

jump

Gravitron wrote:

@DarthNocturnal What's the other game?

Based on Darth's name I'd guess the new Star Wars game.

Nicolai wrote:

-Juice-

@StableInvadeel Only for small bug fixes. They have been adamant about not updating a game to add content or features to it, especially with Sword and Shield.

Edited on by -Juice-

Eel

Well, that's what patch is for, isn't it? Weren't you talking about bugs in the leaked version? I wouldn't consider large content updates to be "patches", personally. Traditionally speaking, of course.

They also went to great efforts to patch a programming error in ruby and sapphire.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Harmonie

@-Juice- I searched it and read another thing saying that towns go through normal day/night cycle, but routes do not. If that's really the case, it's a very strange way of programming the game.

Harmonie

-Juice-

@StableInvadeel My concern rests solely in our ability to enforce our own difficulty through the experience share. That is the patch that I personally need to like this game. Bugs will definitely be ironed out, in fact, over half of them have... baduum tsss lol

@Harmonie Oh goodness... at this point, it’s pretty obvious Game Freak wasn’t prepared for an HD entry. Actually, didn’t Ishihara think the Switch would fail? Like, he straight up told Nintendo that it would fail? I think this was a 3DS title that they were forced to upscale when they realized the Switch was the next big thing and that their fans were wanting the new entry on that.

I mean, look at the wild areas. They lack a lot of polish, which is why I suspect that they were tacked on when Game Freak was asked of the new Pokemon game would be expansive like BotW. This is why every good looking asset is just a high definition 3DS asset modified for Switch.

Edited on by -Juice-

link3710

So uh... I heard rumors online battling and trading is gone from the game? Is that true? Cause I don't know anyone local to trade with... That's like, a setback to 3rd gen levels if true, yeesh.

@Buizel While I don't buy that story, the moves being removed would be because they didn't have the animations ready in that case.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic