Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 15,901 to 15,920 of 16,031

FishyS

@NintendoByNature Last year there were so many GotY contenders both by Nintendo and other publishers that some major ones didn't even get nominated.

This year, it has been mostly PlayStation with the big titles so far.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

NintendoByNature

@FishyS agreed. I've been playing alot of older games and backlog games since there hasn't been much. Having said that, it's been a really down year for me in gaming to the point of not being as interested as I normally am. I've also been playing a few games that I would consider "overrated" which hasn't helped the cause. I know I'll enjoy TTYD but I've already played LM2. I'm very excited to play the new Indiana Jones game. But that's about it for this year. I'll be playing hellblade 2, but I doubt it'll be move the needle for me.

NintendoByNature

FishyS

Well, we know one more game for this year I guess — Think Nintendo World Championships will be the July game? This doesn't necessarily change my assumptions for a June Direct, although it does seem like a game they could drop with Twitter announcements rather than ever having in a direct if they wanted. Since Pyoro leaked it, Nintendo might drop a random trailer for it any day now.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

OctolingKing13

ok, if we get another pyoro tease today, that means direct, correct?

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

PikminMarioKirby

@OctolingKing13 Most likely, I doubt that there’d be 2 major announcements in such a small time frame without a Direct happening.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grumblevolcano

@PikaPhantom There are those 2 however 3D All Stars was a limited time release and Prime Remastered had the physical version situation handled so badly that the next Direct shadow drop with physical release had a longer gap between digital and physical (Pikmin 1+2 digital in June, physical in September).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikminMarioKirby

@FishyS July sounds right. Pyoro usually leaks something less than a week before it happens, so we’re more than likely seeing this Tuesday-Thursday next week.

I remember once there was a Direct really close to the financial meeting (It might’ve been on the same day but not 100% sure), so maybe we could be seeing something like this again?

Nintoz

Welp Nintendo World Championships game it is, which ngl does intrigue me quite a bit!

Obviously I'd love to see a Direct but deep down I'm pretty sure we're not gonna see anything too substantial until early Autumn.
That being said, Nintendo probably has some sort of ace up their sleeve which they'll pull out to make for a holiday release and a Wind Waker/Twilight Princess remaster I think would fit that slot nicely.

...I know I'm far from the first person to have suggested that but looking at where we are now, I think it would make for a...satisfying release with the assumption that they're not gonna suddenly slam Metroid Prime 4 in front of us all come November!

Nintoz

DekuDelight

Nintendo has often done this right before or on the day of the new financial report for the full fiscal year.
They will announce this single game on Twitter next week and it will be part of the presentation sheets included in the report.
This has happened some times before (e.g. Game Builder Garage) and this time it will be no different.

DekuDelight

GrailUK

I would be very, very surprised if Mr Furukawa announces new hardware during the presentation. Do investors think they are more important than the market? Well, the serious investors don't, but the Youtubers with a couple of hundred quid in shares probably think it gives them the right to content lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

PikminMarioKirby

@GrailUK Depends on how you look at it:
1. Nintendo could just announce it here at the financial meeting and then shortly after make a post about it
2. Be super vague, like the Switch. They could just say the codename and it's release window (and possibly it's backwards compatibility) AKA not a full reveal
3. I believe some other important announcements started with these kinds of meetings, like LOZ Movie.

Also I somewhat am starting to doubt a console announcement here anyways since it seems Nintendo World Championship: NES Edition will be announced next week

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

GrailUK

@PikminMarioKirby If it's in this fiscal year, then I dare say they will have to factor it in with their projections, but then it would more than likely have been at the very least announced that they are working on it if not revealing it. If it's next year, then they can probably get away with not even acknowledging it and simply saying they are always looking at new hardware (but possibly slightly more concrete - well into developing it but not ready to share type deal.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

PikminMarioKirby

@GrailUK Very true. If the next console releases in/by March 2025 we might be hearing about it next week, but if it's later than March 2025 then we will probably have to wait a little while longer.

FishyS

@GrailUK The May 2023 meeting very specifically said no hardware May 2023- Mar 2024. The Feb 2024 meeting said Switch is still the main thing going into 2024 and that they will discuss plans for the next fiscal year (e.g. the one we are at now) at the next meeting (May 7). So they very heavily implied they would give a yes/no answer to new hardware before April 2025 at this meeting.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Novamii

@FishyS So chances are, whether it's yes or no, they probably won't be as vague as they usually are. Not saying they can't just lie and say "We aren't planning new hardware at this time." (I believe they said that about one of the DS variants before announcing it almost immediately.) but it might give us a better understanding about the way they want us to view this year as a whole. (I'm sure I'm missing something, so someone can correct me if I am.) Besides, I'm sure they want to do whatever they can to keep the fandom's anticipation from boiling over into anger rather than excitement. Nintendo are far more aware of how we feel than we give them credit for, I have no doubt that they know the fandom is growing restless. They'll try to keep their cards close to their chest, no doubt, but they also know they can't hide their hand forever, lest the fans grow tired of waiting and move on to something else. That's kinda why I've been bringing up the investors meeting in many of my previous posts. The fans go, their money goes. Their money goes, the investors and their money go too.

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: (Taking a break and leaving my gamer dungeon before TTYD.)

FishyS

@Novamii Plus if the answer is 'no' or 'not sure yet' ( which is possible given the rumours of delays), they know their stock will drop. So if that is the situation I can't imagine they wouldn't plan something to distract everyone. So I am guessing either we will get an affirmation of new hardware or else some surprise game announcement next week. Last year they conveniently had TotK a week after the meeting to distract everyone.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Novamii

@FishyS Literally just made a similar edit to my post just as you made yours! XD But I agree.

"That's kinda why I've been bringing up the investors meeting in many of my previous posts. The fans go, their money goes. Their money goes, the investors and their money go too."

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: (Taking a break and leaving my gamer dungeon before TTYD.)

Grumblevolcano

@FishyS I'd be leaning more towards news outside gaming being used as the distraction if Switch 2 is releasing after March 2025. The Zelda movie announcement was a very effective distraction back in November for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sigran102

I'm not holding my breath for anything interesting coming out of the investor meeting tbh. I'd love to be wrong though.

Sigran102

PikminMarioKirby

@Sigran102 I mean, it seems pretty certain we’re getting a NWC:NE announcement soon, which I think is very likely next week.
If we’re getting the next console by March 2025, it is very likely that they will at least mention it’s existence.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic