Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 2,301 to 2,314 of 2,314

zionich

@FattyWhale_42 Sounds like a plan. I better get to some grinding =)

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Alantor28

I just got Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for the Switch on Hanukkah last night. So I will play it at some point. Can I leave my FC here?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

zionich

@Alantor28 Feel free to friend me also. Been working on Octopath but I'll be playing off and on.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

SamuraiPanda

@Alantor28 I've sent you a friend request.

Xbox: Timikyu
NSFC: SW 7193 8737 5987
Twitch: SamuraiPandaENT

Drussa

Just got back into MHGU again after i played it for a number of hours some months ago. Just started the online play and am at Hunter Rank 2 now. Ok if i add some of your friend codes to see i any of you guys are online at same moments to share some hunts (much more fun with a group)

Edited on by Drussa

Drussa

NEStalgia

Wait, weren't there posts from Joeynator3000 here yesterday? And one from me? Are there 2 MHGU threads? Something confusing just happened to this thread

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

You posted in the MH4U thread, I believe. It got necro-bumped.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NEStalgia

Ahhh, I thought that was this thread... sigh so hard to keep track.

NEStalgia

Matthieu59

Nintendo Switch is the best console to play that kind of gameā€¦ I hope that there will be a lot of monsters !

Now playing : Monster Hunter, Zelda BOTW and Smash

ZedSwitch

Would recommend this for a newcomer? I'm new to the series, and I may not be up to date with MH lore.

ZedSwitch

ReaderRagfish

@ZedSwitch Don't worry about lore, Monster Hunter has none. It's a silly game where the entire plot is basically "go hunt things".

This is a good place to jump in, but be aware that the game's tutorial isn't great, and none of these games are good at easing in newcomers. Your best bet is to find a friend to help get you started (either online or in real life) or watch some Youtube tutorials.

Don't let that deter you though. This game is a ton of fun once you get past the initial confusion of the first hour or so. Many of us have been obsessively playing these games for years.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Tsurii

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@ZedSwitch Don't worry about lore, Monster Hunter has none.

That's wrong on a f***ton of levels. There's a ton of stuff about the series' universe and its inhabitants in dialogue, item descriptions, additional material like fanbooks (as in, official stuff Capcom makes, misleading name for them I guess) and you could probably spend a good while just reading through all of it.

That said, it doesn't matter at all. It's there if you care about it, but it's not exactly required reading lol
Not even the main story in these games matters.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

ZedSwitch

@ReaderRagfish Thanks. I'm just concerned about the community. They know their monsters better than I know algebra.

ZedSwitch

ReaderRagfish

@Tsurii I mean no lore in a sense that there's little backstory or anything that you'll miss out on from skipping previous games. There is definitely a universe in the series, it's just only vaguely touched on and not important in any of the actual games. Even most hardcore fans don't know much about it.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic