Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 2,323

NEStalgia

@Tsurii So if going hammer/horn you still need a blade/explosive weapon of some sort, or deal with captures (which is probably my least favorite part of MH.) Not a huge deal, I'm not giving up on CB or and either one of the lances still, or IG. But I think either HH or hammer has to enter my repertoire.

NEStalgia

zionich

@FattyWhale_42 Was sweating of we were going to make that before Ibhad to head to the bus stop. Wow, that's an awesome fight. The funny thing it starts off like... that's it.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

FattyWhale_42

@zionich Haha! And it was a good thing I ate for Insurance, or it wouldn't have mattered.

Big Fish. Fun Time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430 | 3DS Friend Code: 5370-0485-5280 | Nintendo Network ID: FattyWhale_42

zionich

@FattyWhale_42 Tigrex ...... ugggg Tigrex 😭😭😭

FattyWhale_42

@zionich Yeah, as a gunner, he's not exactly my favorite monster.

Big Fish. Fun Time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430 | 3DS Friend Code: 5370-0485-5280 | Nintendo Network ID: FattyWhale_42

zionich

@FattyWhale_42 Even with adapt evade he boxes me In.

NEStalgia

Ok, g maccao.... I've never been this frustrated with anything smaller than a rath. Except underwater laggi. What am i missing? Haven't got him once. Hub quests (boot) version with 2 players.

NEStalgia

ReaderRagfihs

@NEStalgia It helps to try and stay on his backside so you're less vulnerable to his forward leaping attacks, which he does after standing on his tail.

Otherwise, I can't really think of much else. Try and keep yourself above at least 50% health at all times, don't button mash, and don't blindly rush in if you aren't sure if it's safe. Just standard Monster Hunter fare.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish yeah it's the leaping attacks that destroy me. One mistake and I'm carted. I did upgrade to bone HH and got him down to nesting, but one potion left and his lap caught me at an odd angle. I miss grinding g jaggi. This guy's annoying. I guess I'll try an upgraded Lance next and try countering, but I'm betting the leap attack staggers.

NEStalgia

Tsurii

@NEStalgia yah, Maccao is actually pretty tricky as a first monster. He's still nowhere near as annoying as the Dromes, in my opinion, but he hits pretty hard early on. Can't tell you anything more than Reader tho tbh. Even after 700+ hours of Generations (and Ultimate) his stupid forward jumps sit me on my lower back all the time.

Also, @zionich trouble with Tigrex? Why don't you guys tell me, I'll take any excuse to fight that guy

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

zionich

@Tsurii I'll take you up on that =)

NEStalgia

@Tsurii I'm glad to hear I'm not just totally nuts. I mean I know I'm bad at MH, always have been, always will be. But I've never thought I was THAT bad.

I haven't challenged the dromes yet in this game. I do recall them being annoying in past games, but I do think I was farming them for some armor without it being too awful. Not Lagi levels of awful. Maybe they're worse with worse moves in this game though, that was probably 3U. Not looking forward to it. Velocidrome was going to be my farming target next to get the biggest horn upgrade available now (and just plain old awesome looking swinging around a giant velocidrome head..... )

But yeah, Maccao is honestly not very fun right now. I really liked HH...I just did the jaggi run quest and just butchered everything rapidly. Never expected that kind of success with it. It feels different than hammer, but there's more to it. It's pretty fun.....I can't believe I may want to be an HH main...always thought it was a support weapon that wasn't worth it if you weren't playing with a full party. (I still like hammer, but between the two HH is a little more to it.) It was my first upgrade to the bone model.

But...I got Maccao down to nesting...but couldn't kill him. I also bought the bone lance...I'll try tanking him next. He's too fast for GL IMO....by the time you get into the windups he's gone. Or steamrolling you. Plus the GL upgrade I want is bnahabra one and I can't get the wings yet. If that fails I'll try the bone CB. Might also be too slow for him. If that fails, maybe I'll roll an HBG after all.

You guys tell me to stick to 1-3 weapons, and I think I'm fixating on HH, Lance, GL and CB. Adding the whole gunner thing isn't a fun sounding choice. Though I still haven't built any armor yet. I guess one little bowgun can't hurt...can it?

NEStalgia

ReaderRagfihs

@NEStalgia I did a quick Great Maccao run the other day to test out how my new Gamecube adapter works for other games and I pretty much had him stunned the whole time.

I love the hammer.

Also, don't forget about traps. Even if you don't plan on capturing it, trapping it gives you time to deal some good damage and it helps to calm monsters down when they start getting angry and wild.

Edited on by ReaderRagfihs

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish Know what else helps calm them down? A freaking mallet to their skull, that's what! Yeah, hammer's really fun And HH. (Except recitaling for him sucks and leaves you too vulnerable.)

You know I don't tend to use traps....It's been a while since I've done trapping, I barely remember how it works.

NEStalgia

zionich

I was never really good with the Hammer. I barely hit the broad side of a Monster let alone the head =*(

ReaderRagfihs

@NEStalgia I usually don't use traps either when I don't plan on capturing, but a while ago I was hunting online with some dude who had a ton of traps and would use them on every big monster we hunted. It made things a heck of a lot easier! So if you're having a hard time, definitely try using them.

I could often get the monster stunned by the time it escaped from the traps, and once the stun wore off it was usually too exhausted to put up much of a fight due to all of us constantly hitting it with no mercy while it was trapped and stunned.

You can make traps by buying trap tools at the shops and combining them with nets, thunderbugs, or genprey fangs.

Tsurii

If anyone wants help with something or just wants someone to beat up g rank monsters with them, I'll be on for a little bit (prolly around an hour or so)
I might get online a little later again, tho. Not for too long, because I got work tomorrow but another hour should be good tonight.

I will be able to go a lot longer tomorrow night tho. I'll catch up on sleep throughout Sunday haha

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

ReaderRagfihs

I finally picked this game up again and am hunter rank 3. I even got the plate from the Astalos, but it doesn't look like its armor or most of its weapons need it?

JaxonH

My friend Anthony just started playing. Saw the notification while I was watching YouTube that he was playing. Ha! Been trying to get that guy into the series for years. Told him to just get your bearings and let me know, and I'm ready to hunt

@ReaderRagfish
They will. Most of the time the rare drops are used when upgrading weapons. Occasionally for armor but, mostly upgrading weapons.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Tales of Vesperia, NSMBU, Dark Souls, Diablo 3, Xenoblade 2 Torna
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic