Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 2,251

NEStalgia

@Tsurii Good to know....I've been exclusively using them, and have never had anywhere near that rough a start with any MH game. MH3 (my first) gave me trouble on GJ until I learned the ropes, and then didn't have more real trouble until Lagi. (Unrelated note, Lagi is back in XX...Huh? But isn't he an underwater monster? )

There's a very masochistic part of me that is looking at the one weapon I've never seriously tried: HH. Some say it's support and not really viable for solo (or, presumably 2p coop)....other's say it's arguably better than hammer.... I love the GL but hate it's lack of side-hop/roll which gets me hit when I shouldn't have. I like lance but find "X-X-hop-X-X-hop" dull (and it took forever to get Pukei win World), CB is an instant win for me....technical, complex, flashy, and good performer. I love the HBG and bow but I can't fathom crafting dual armor sets. I love IG. I surprisingly love hammer (could get dull?)

I think tonight I'm going to try some HH love. And then...maybe...figure out something to upgrade...because those weapons are really painful to take any big monster with.

Edit: I know you mentioned Adept lance etc, but for now I'm going guild style and sticking with fundamentals before I start going for the new systems.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Tsurii

@NEStalgia Lagiacrus got some fancy new moves to pretty up his on-land repertoire, he's pretty fun imo, but I know more than a few people who say he's a pain in the ass and I guess I can see why tbh lol

Calling hunting horn a support weapon only shows those people don't know what they're talking about. I don't use it myself, but you don't need to to realize how nasty of a combo powerful impact hits paired with a bunch of the best buffs in the game is. Hunting horn is already a better hammer on its own, and then you slap those 20% attack buffs on top.

Support weapon? Hello, that guy with the sax is your bloody damage dealer lol

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

NEStalgia

@Tsurii He's probably not nearly as bad on all land. But memories of Lagi underwater are I think what made me finally put MH3 away for good. I hate, hate, hated those battles with a burning passion. It was a miserable experience I dreaded to grind. Seeing Lagi back did not make me happy. So long as they never include underwater battles again, I'm ok. What kind of suicidal hunter would face water creatures underwater in their natural habitat they're biologically designed for? Chasing flipping dragons on land with a pointy stick and buckler is a stupid enough idea. Chasing sea serpents underwater as a primate with the same pointy stick and buckler is not a very smart choice at all.... no gourmet meal prepared by a cat can fix that.

Ohhhh, that's it, I'm trying out the horn! I love playing the underused weapons (Ok CB is just awesome even if it's overused....)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Tsurii Also, with hammers and horns....how do you deal with collecting tails?

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Tsurii So if going hammer/horn you still need a blade/explosive weapon of some sort, or deal with captures (which is probably my least favorite part of MH.) Not a huge deal, I'm not giving up on CB or and either one of the lances still, or IG. But I think either HH or hammer has to enter my repertoire.

NEStalgia

zionich

@FattyWhale_42 Was sweating of we were going to make that before Ibhad to head to the bus stop. Wow, that's an awesome fight. The funny thing it starts off like... that's it.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

FattyWhale_42

@zionich Haha! And it was a good thing I ate for Insurance, or it wouldn't have mattered.

Big Fish. Fun Time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430 | 3DS Friend Code: 5370-0485-5280 | Nintendo Network ID: FattyWhale_42

zionich

@FattyWhale_42 Tigrex ...... ugggg Tigrex ūüė≠ūüė≠ūüė≠

FattyWhale_42

@zionich Yeah, as a gunner, he's not exactly my favorite monster.

Big Fish. Fun Time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430 | 3DS Friend Code: 5370-0485-5280 | Nintendo Network ID: FattyWhale_42

zionich

@FattyWhale_42 Even with adapt evade he boxes me In.

NEStalgia

Ok, g maccao.... I've never been this frustrated with anything smaller than a rath. Except underwater laggi. What am i missing? Haven't got him once. Hub quests (boot) version with 2 players.

NEStalgia

ReaderRagfish

@NEStalgia It helps to try and stay on his backside so you're less vulnerable to his forward leaping attacks, which he does after standing on his tail.

Otherwise, I can't really think of much else. Try and keep yourself above at least 50% health at all times, don't button mash, and don't blindly rush in if you aren't sure if it's safe. Just standard Monster Hunter fare.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish yeah it's the leaping attacks that destroy me. One mistake and I'm carted. I did upgrade to bone HH and got him down to nesting, but one potion left and his lap caught me at an odd angle. I miss grinding g jaggi. This guy's annoying. I guess I'll try an upgraded Lance next and try countering, but I'm betting the leap attack staggers.

NEStalgia

Tsurii

@NEStalgia yah, Maccao is actually pretty tricky as a first monster. He's still nowhere near as annoying as the Dromes, in my opinion, but he hits pretty hard early on. Can't tell you anything more than Reader tho tbh. Even after 700+ hours of Generations (and Ultimate) his stupid forward jumps sit me on my lower back all the time.

Also, @zionich trouble with Tigrex? Why don't you guys tell me, I'll take any excuse to fight that guy

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

zionich

@Tsurii I'll take you up on that =)

NEStalgia

@Tsurii I'm glad to hear I'm not just totally nuts. I mean I know I'm bad at MH, always have been, always will be. But I've never thought I was THAT bad.

I haven't challenged the dromes yet in this game. I do recall them being annoying in past games, but I do think I was farming them for some armor without it being too awful. Not Lagi levels of awful. Maybe they're worse with worse moves in this game though, that was probably 3U. Not looking forward to it. Velocidrome was going to be my farming target next to get the biggest horn upgrade available now (and just plain old awesome looking swinging around a giant velocidrome head..... )

But yeah, Maccao is honestly not very fun right now. I really liked HH...I just did the jaggi run quest and just butchered everything rapidly. Never expected that kind of success with it. It feels different than hammer, but there's more to it. It's pretty fun.....I can't believe I may want to be an HH main...always thought it was a support weapon that wasn't worth it if you weren't playing with a full party. (I still like hammer, but between the two HH is a little more to it.) It was my first upgrade to the bone model.

But...I got Maccao down to nesting...but couldn't kill him. I also bought the bone lance...I'll try tanking him next. He's too fast for GL IMO....by the time you get into the windups he's gone. Or steamrolling you. Plus the GL upgrade I want is bnahabra one and I can't get the wings yet. If that fails I'll try the bone CB. Might also be too slow for him. If that fails, maybe I'll roll an HBG after all.

You guys tell me to stick to 1-3 weapons, and I think I'm fixating on HH, Lance, GL and CB. Adding the whole gunner thing isn't a fun sounding choice. Though I still haven't built any armor yet. I guess one little bowgun can't hurt...can it?

NEStalgia

ReaderRagfish

@NEStalgia I did a quick Great Maccao run the other day to test out how my new Gamecube adapter works for other games and I pretty much had him stunned the whole time.

I love the hammer.

Also, don't forget about traps. Even if you don't plan on capturing it, trapping it gives you time to deal some good damage and it helps to calm monsters down when they start getting angry and wild.

Edited on by ReaderRagfish

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish Know what else helps calm them down? A freaking mallet to their skull, that's what! Yeah, hammer's really fun And HH. (Except recitaling for him sucks and leaves you too vulnerable.)

You know I don't tend to use traps....It's been a while since I've done trapping, I barely remember how it works.

NEStalgia

zionich

I was never really good with the Hammer. I barely hit the broad side of a Monster let alone the head =*(

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic