Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,144

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG @Tekoii @MarioLover92 If we're Switch friends, wouldn't that populate our times & ghosts into each other's Mario Kart 8 times trials data? So, we could see eachothers times and ghosts?

< redacted >

You may have to look in your email notifications to see my friend code, in case I delete the code from this post. Forgive me anyone, if that sounds stingy. In the past, I didn't like it when people added me without saying hi & identifying themselves. The point of the forum is to interact with fellow game likers.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes I checked my email and I sent you a friend request just now. My Switch username is MarioFan92. Yeah...I can't blame you for editing your post because I really don't like getting friend requests when people don't bother to tell me about it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

WoomyNNYes

@MarioLover92 Got it.

I'm wondering if we have to have raced each other to see each other's ghosts? Out of the 20-some Switch friends I have, I only see ghosts for one friend. Maybe it's because raced against them online before? Do we need to have raced someone locally/online to recieve their time trials ghost data? Although, it's possible that nobody else in my switch friends has done any time trials. Hmm.

@tekoii @TheJGG

edit: Oh, I see. In time trials, below View Ghost is Online Ghosts, go in there and select the friend's ghost you want to download. And, game says "you can download up to 4 ghosts per course and up to 16 in totall".

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

Finally got to doing more time trials, and I used the kart combo that @WoomyNNYes recommended - thanks for the help! I ended up beating my Mario Kart Stadium time by a second, too.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

WoomyNNYes

@MarioLover92 Oh, awesome! I'm going to check them out. ..... (opens mk8)... .oh, I only had a 200cc time for first track in that cup. I downloaded your ghosts for that cup. I've got some work to do! Psyched we can share ghosts.

Edit: I put some 200cc times in & uploaded ghosts for the four tracks in mushroom cup. You can see how I did. Oh yeah, waterpark track, you didn't use your mushrooms. Although, since there aren't any major shortcuts, mushrooms don't help much, at least, as far I saw.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes Ah yeah, I should've used the mushrooms. There's also this shortcut with the shell rides at the end, but I have trouble with that, so I think I'd use them on the main track itself.

WoomyNNYes

@MarioLover92 I didn't get much advantage using a mushroom at the carousel ride. I got and slightly better time using mushroom for that first long right turn through that building at waterpark. You can see how I use it with my ghost. It's always interesting to see where people have the best success using the shrooms.

I'm working on Flower Cup 200cc today. If you want to look in there.

Surprised @TheJGG and @tekoii haven't chimed in with friend requests. They must be busy. It happens. 😉

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes I'll check it out when I get a chance. I use all my mushrooms on the final lap when I don't notice any major shortcuts, at least when I don't forget to do so, lol. Thanks!

WoomyNNYes

Twisted Mansion 200cc time trial 1:30.361

Untitled
(A couple spots of the clip are sped up briefly to fit lap 1 into a 30 second clip, but you can still see my lines and where I use the mushroom.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Fizza

OH MY GOD GUYS IM LOSING IT

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I was starting to doubt my prediction of Mario Kart 9 being Switch 2, guess not. I can't imagine they're not saving it for Switch 2 with this announcement.

Also this does finally make me want to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I never did because I had it on Wii U and I generally don't like buying the same game twice but I have Expansion Pass so maybe now I can be convinced.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WoomyNNYes

Look at you guys necro posting.

48 new tracks!!!!<33333 Heck yeah!

Finally, something new on Mario Kart (for console). I'm psyched. Some of those tracks are new to me. Some, I've been dying for.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

If there was one thing I was hoping for, it was that they would just make DLC, they were already porting tracks to tour, and 8 just keeps selling, why not!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Fizza

Did you guys hear the new Coconut Mall theme? IT'S LIVE RECORDED. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The tracks in wave 1 are:

• (Mobile) Paris Promenade
  • (3DS) Toad Circuit
  • (N64) Choco Mountain
  • (Wii) Coconut Mall
  • (Mobile) Tokyo Blur
  • (DS) Shroom Ridge
  • (GBA) Sky Garden
  • (Mobile) Ninja Hideaway

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

I'm super excited for the Mario Kart DLC. Literally the best part of the direct for me!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic