Forums

Topic: It's on PS4/Steam, why not Switch? 2022 Edition.

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

Magician

Bored. How about a few more PS4/PC games not available on Switch.

Journey - my personal 2012 GotY. Developer thatgamecompany released Sky: Children of the Light on Switch a few years ago. Which makes me hope Sony eventually plays nice and allows thatgamecompany to release what is one of the most beautiful and artistic games of the last decade on Switch.

Rez Infinite - I mean, Enhance just recently released Tetris Effect: Connected on Switch. Why can't we get one of the best rail shooters of all-time as well?

Vanquish - love me some Platinum Games, and there seems to be a lack of dudebro shooters on Switch, imo.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

SwitchForce

@RR529 Steam requires Live Online connection to work. That is Streaming at the basic. Digital games are loaded onto Xbox/PSX not having to keep Live Online Connection to always play if they are offline. So your saying something like WWW which requires ISP and Live Online Connection is only US based gamers-that's making a stretch there. No wonder Steam is dying out.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

RR529

SwitchForce wrote:

@RR529 Steam requires Live Online connection to work. That is Streaming at the basic. Digital games are loaded onto Xbox/PSX not having to keep Live Online Connection to always play if they are offline. So your saying something like WWW which requires ISP and Live Online Connection is only US based gamers-that's making a stretch there. No wonder Steam is dying out.

1. You are right that in general that Steam does require an internet check in to play your games (though it does in fact have a feature allowing you to play your games offline, though it's a bit cumbersome to actually use, from what I understand), but that is radically different than streaming games (what you claim it is), which involves playing a game not even stored on your computer over the internet, and it doesn't require any where near the internet speeds that streaming requires.

2. I have no idea where you get the idea Steam is dying. Most recent info I could find on the subject indicates it averages 120 million users a month (higher than the amount of months users PS & Xbox have a month, which are around 103 & 100 million users each respectively). While this may be slightly inflated due to more people staying in & gaming during the pandemic (the number was first registered in 2020), it hardly signals a dying platform.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TommyTendo

I would like Phasmophobia on Switch. Even though I prefer games like that with mouse and keyboard.
Also, Roblox would be a perfect fit for the Switch. It's on Xbox, why not Switch?

Edited on by TommyTendo

Matt_Barber

I reckon @Switchforce has his wires crossed and is thinking of Stadia, which is an always online streaming service that's struggling to gain market share, pretty much as described.

Steam, on the other hand, is download based, doesn't require fast internet and allows you to play any game that's been started up at least once when you go offline. That's what most PC gamers use and it's still very popular.

Matt_Barber

Magician

Bored again. How about a few more?

Anno: Mutationem
Super Time Force Ultra
Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

StarPoint

I guess I'll use this for my request for the classic Lego Star Wars games to get onto the Switch! Specifically The Complete Saga and The Clone Wars. The games are old and not demanding in the slightest; they ran on the Wii at 60fps I'm pretty sure. The Switch could also utilize motion controls for swinging the lightsaber which was present in the Wii release as well. No idea why these games are absent since a lot of other Lego games are on the system and these two are among the best.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

chipia

The witness

chipia

TommyTendo

Fall Guys.
I would probably play it if it was on Switch. Don't feel like playing it on my PC.

Magician

Trek to Yomi. The new hotness. May as well add it to the "why not Switch?" list. Although Devolver Digital have brought several of their games to Switch after their PC/PS4 releases. Loop Hero, Death's Door, etc.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Looks as though Anno: Mutationem is on its way. Pretty cool.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/08/exclusive-cyberpunk...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic