Forums

Topic: It's on PS4/Steam, why not Switch? 2022 Edition.

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

Magician

A new year is upon us. Yet more opportunities for publishers to bring those games that are available on PS4 and/or Steam but aren't available on Switch for...reasons. I'll just pick a few of the standouts for me.

Fire Pro Wrestling World - Spike Chunsoft has been a strong supporter of the Switch, so it surprises me that they haven't brought this game over yet.

Guilty Gear Strive - My argument is always the same. Arcsystemworks got us Dragon Ball FighterZ on Switch, so don't try to tell me it isn't possible. The only hold up is that it would require the use of a 32GB cartridge.

8-bit Adventure Anthology Vol. 1 - I have a rather large amount of nostalgia for Deja Vu and Shadowgate, so I would love to have this collection on Switch. I find it odd that the developer, Abstraction, brought the Shadowgate remake to Switch but not this collection.

Are there games available on other platforms that you'd like to see on Switch?

Discuss.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Primo40295

@Magician Persona 4 golden. I can't believe that Atlus itself was surprised by the steam sales, despite being a long time fan of all their games it still baffles me how they are so clueless.

Edited on by Primo40295

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

Xyphon22

@Magician I've never heard of that anthology, so thanks for pointing that out. Shadowgate has been the one game I've been looking for ever since the Wii VC and it has never come, so I always figured there must be some reason. I also check out the remake every time I'm on the eShop and it has never once been on any sale so I haven't gotten that yet either. I'll have to check that out on Steam.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Fizza

@Magician Resident Evil 2 & 3 Remake and Village. Capcom have put every other mainline game on Switch already, including a goddamn cloud version for RE7 so I wouldn't put it past them to find a way to cram these ones onto the Switch, especially with how much more popular cloud versions seem to be now than when RE7 came out.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Magician

@Xyphon22

A couple years ago Shadowgate remake got a 50% discount. I made the purchase then, only to have Limited Run announce a physical release the following week it went off sale. Well...of course I double dipped for a physical copy. But I still cry "conspiracy".

Same thing happened with the Double Dragon & Kunio-kun Retro Brawler Bundle. Available for 75% off one week, available for preorder via Limited Run the following week. Yet another double dip. Although in this case it was a triple dip. I had previously bought a Japanese copy of the same collection, but the product description was inaccurate as only the English games were in English. The Japanese games were only in Japanese, until they were translated for the western release.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrailUK

I'd take a Dragon's Crown please

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

MsJubilee

@Magician Did the last two Arc System games( cross tag battle & Blazblue: Central Fiction) even sell well to warrant more support? I don't think they did. Hell, the Switch version of Cross tag didn't even get the Rollback update the rest of the versions got. So that's telling. Like Xbox, the Switch is going to be left in the dust when it comes to these games.

Another thing. Are fighting games doable on the Switch? With that piss poor Dpad, I don't think so.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Magician

@MsJubilee Fair point about the rollback update. But who in their right mind uses a d-pad for fighting games anymore? Unless it's a dedicated controller with six face buttons or one of those hitbox controllers like the SnackBox Micro.

iLikeUrAttitude

A Tales of Arise port would be nice

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Magician

@iLikeUrAttitude

Would love to have that as well. Probably won't happen though unless some wizardry can be done in regards to compression. The game's file size is rather chunky at 57GB.

Krull

Really pleased about 13 Sentinels. Not least because it shows that Atlus (albeit Vanillaware is the developer) is willing to keep bringing titles over to Switch. Maybe by the time Persona 6 is announced, we’ll be allowed a Persona 5 Portable.

Inscription seems cool, and Wildermyth is already on its way - not sure what else to wish for from Steam.

I’d still get Nier Automata on Switch, though.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

RandomNPC

I would love to see the Senran Kagura series ported across to the Switch - Especially Peach Beach Splash the Switch seriously lacks fun online shooters.

RandomNPC

Matt_Barber

It Takes Two would be nice. The Switch feels like the natural home of 2-play co-op games and it doesn't look like it'd be that demanding technically. Unfortunately, the control scheme is a little too involved for a single joy-con, so you'd either need an extra set or a Pro controller for local play.

Matt_Barber

MsJubilee

@Magician hahaha. I still do and many others! I'm decent at fighting games with the D-pad.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Snatcher

@Magician IKR? where the hell is GG.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

VoidofLight

@iLikeUrAttitude I can't even see how Tales of Arise could even run on Switch. The file size alone is huge, and the graphics aren't anything a Switch could even possibly begin to handle.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MajinSoul

I'm shocked we still haven't gotten Vanquish on Switch yet. Also where are games like Muramasa Rebirth, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and the pre-Arise Tales of games.

RandomNPC wrote:

I would love to see the Senran Kagura series ported across to the Switch - Especially Peach Beach Splash the Switch seriously lacks fun online shooters.

I'd love SK PBS on Switch, especiall with gyro aiming. I think it could be struggling on the technical side though unfortunately since those niche games are usually badly optimized.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

Buizel

Obligatory Persona 5 mention here...but come on, it's ridiculous that we have Joker in Smash, Persona 5 Strikers and soon Persona 4 Arena Ultimax with no mainline Persona game.

I'd also love to see the Yakuza series, Mass Effect Trilogy and Psychonauts 2 on Switch.

Otherwise I'm generally not all that surprised when new games don't make it to the Switch. Most of my Switch port wish list either comes from Nintendo's own back catalog, or comprises games that otherwise predate the Switch (6th gen, 7th gen, early 8th gen, etc.)

At least 2'8".

SwitchForce

To me anytime someone mentions Steam I just roll my eyes. I ask people how many people do you think can afford ISP prices aka USA and be able to Steam 24/7 games not many. USA is a internet Desert and not everyone can afford Steaming their games constantly even if the app is free or some games are free - you need a ISP to even get to that point. So if you add the ISP itself that cost more then Steams games. So there is a Hidden Cost Steam supporters don't tell everyone - it's the Elephant in the room but no one will admit to it.

SwitchForce

RR529

@SwitchForce, Steam is a digital storefront, not a streaming service as you seem to be implying.

Sure you have to download the games, but that's not any different than digital purchases on Switch, PS, or Xbox.

Also, Steam is a US based platform so I imagine it's where most of it's users are located.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic