Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors (Switch)

Posts 241 to 260 of 266

Yorumi

@Joeynator3000 just curious do you feel like you're understanding the game better or it's getting easier? Or does it seem like you just finally bashed your way through a brick wall?

I'm always just kind of interested in different people's experience with games from a design perspective. Not bragging here, I've just kind of realized gaming comes a lot more naturally to me than it seems to others and I like to try to learn where their hang ups are and why.

Yorumi

Nintendo Network ID: yorumi

Joeynator3000

Whut?...o.o
The Wii U version just had issues that this version fixed. lol

Joeynator3000

Yorumi

@Joeynator3000 what issues? I really am curious I'm starting to do some game design and I'm trying to get the best look I can at various gamers.

Yorumi

Yosheel

The WiiU game had a single adventure map, and it expected it to be the ultimate challenge for the original full package.

So in other words you had a smallish selection of repetitive missions that had very noticeable difficulty spikes and unfair rules. Which translates to grinding in those same repetitive levels to level up and get materials to get a better chance.

Starting with the 3DS rerelease the base game had more maps by default, and they rebalanced them all to allow for a natural progression.

So while the WiiU game expected you to beat the first map by level 99, the revised games expect you do that same amount of content by level 30 or so.

It's all faster, keeps rewards coming, and it keeps things interesting.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Yeah, and the "defeat X00 amount of enemies" on Wii U were nightmarish, especially when going for A rank with a certain character. Here you can choose two characters and swap whenever, so you can have one character distract the bosses that spawn for the most part while you go and deal with the mission.

Joeynator3000

Yorumi

@Yosheel @Joeynator3000 Thanks. I played the wiiU version too I just like seeing other people's perspectives on it. Like I said I'm starting to do some game design myself and I want to try to avoid the pitfalls of "well it's not too hard for me."

Yorumi

Joeynator3000

Yorumi wrote:

@Yosheel @Joeynator3000 Thanks. I played the wiiU version too I just like seeing other people's perspectives on it. Like I said I'm starting to do some game design myself and I want to try to avoid the pitfalls of "well it's not too hard for me."

What game? Is it a Warriors-type game? owo

Joeynator3000

Yorumi

Joeynator3000 wrote:

What game? Is it a Warriors-type game? owo

I have a brawler in mind but won't be the first. First I have an rpg I want to do. My wife wanted to do the story for an rpg and I wanted to build a game engine from scratch(mostly).

This all started because I work for a company(I don't like to say who it is just because it's best to keep personal posts separate from any representation of the company) that did browser games and now is doing mobile stuff mostly. I enjoy it a lot actually but sometimes decisions have to be made for profit which I agree with the decision but aren't always as fun to implement and affect the design of the game.

So I thought well I'm a programmer so why not write my own 2d engine so I can release games on steam, gog, maybe one day consoles. Do it all in my own time(2d games take much less time than 3d) with the help of some volunteers from work who have a similar idea, and then the company I work for will go ahead and publish the finished game. Sure the copyrights would go to them but I'm not interested in that, and not interested in actually starting my own company just doing passion projects and hey maybe one of them will get lucky and make some money.

The engine is actually about 40% complete and highly reusable, and we've started on the writing and creating some of the art for it. So it's fun to see it taking shape.

Yorumi

Joeynator3000

So after completing the first Adventure map and doing the Great Sea one, I'm now seeing these glitches some reviewers brought up. So, yeah, wtf? Even the locations you see in the main game/first map, they're all glitchy and flickering. Like, I know the Great sea map is from the 3DS game, but did they seriously just...leaved it alone?

"Oh, so the graphics are all flickering and glitchy on these missions? Eh, it's fine, no one will notice."

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

Yosheel

You need to turn off the switch every now and then.

The longer you leave this game running in the background, the glitchier it gets, apparently.

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Yosheel wrote:

You need to turn off the switch every now and then.

The longer you leave this game running in the background, the glitchier it gets, apparently.

...Wat? This is the first time the glitches popped up, in The Great Sea map. I've played the original completely and not a single glitch popped up. (not this kind anyways)

Joeynator3000

Yosheel

I'm just telling you what I know.

This game starts glitching if you leave it open for too long.

I played the great sea map to unlock the characters very very early into the game (king daphness was considerably overleveled when I got him!), and never saw anything glitch out in the levels.

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Joeynator3000

Well it just happens right at the start for me, no matter what. Other modes/maps seem just fine.

Joeynator3000

Yosheel

Have you tried doing what I suggested? Turn off the switch and try again.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Joeynator3000

I've done that already before...nothing works.

Joeynator3000

Yosheel

Well then that's odd.

It would be useful if you could share a video of the glitch or something.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Joeynator3000

I mean, Arlo's review video pretty much shows you what's happening. The area is just having flickering visuals everywhere,stuff like the floor vanish during cutscenes and all that. And everything just looks...off. If I go to another mode or go to the title screen, everything is back to normal.

Joeynator3000

Yosheel

Yeah that's definitely not normal at all.

I even just did a tour of the dragon roost stage right now and everything looks perfectly normal.

By turning the switch off, you're keeping the power button pressed and choosing "turn off" from the power options menu, right?

There's absolutely no reason for your game to be doing this if you have restarted your switch.

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Joeynator3000

By Dragon Roost, do you mean in Legend Mode? Because everything is fine there, I'm talking about Great Sea map in Adventure mode.

Anyways I'm not playing the game anymore right now, giving it a break and playing MHXX for now.

Joeynator3000

Yosheel

I entered Agitha's level 2 weapon mission on the great sea map, which takes place in the dragon roost stage.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic