Forums

Topic: How Would You Rate This Year For the Switch? (2022)

Posts 21 to 26 of 26

iLikeUrAttitude

@BongoBongo Interesting ranking, judging from it I'm guessing you value 1st party games a lot more?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

ElRoberico

@iLikeUrAttitude I can’t speak for everyone, but a lot of people who own a Switch also own other consoles. For better or worse, those consoles have generally better third party support or higher quality to their versions of the games. As a result, the big draws for the Switch are naturally first party games.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

BongoBongo

@iLikeUrAttitude yes generally, as Nintendo first party games are such a high standard. I don’t play multiplayer games or Pokémon so that is taken into account for my ranking.

Indies obviously make up a significant component of the top tier third party games over the years but there have been less standout ones in the last few years than 2017-2019 (SK, HK, SV, Cuphead etc)

BongoBongo

VoidofLight

The only big first party game I enjoyed was Xenoblade Chronicles 3. That's one more than I normally enjoy from this company on a yearly basis for switch.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Matt_Barber

I thought it was a pretty solid year for indies. Neon White, Citizen Sleeper, Tunic and Wayward Strand hit the spot for me and were available on Switch. The only one of note for me that wasn't on Switch was Stray and that's perhaps a little overhyped. Maybe it'll come next year; I wouldn't think a port impossible.

I suppose you're always going to get a wider variety of indie games on PC than you would on consoles, because the barriers to publishing there are that much lower. Even if Steam wouldn't have a game, and they don't seem particularly choosy these days, there's always Itch.io and other outlets.

That said, the Switch usually gets the cream of the crop ported to it fairly soon afterwards, plus the really good stuff invariably gets a cartridge release for the collectors too.

Matt_Barber

iLikeUrAttitude

@ElRoberico Oh I wouldn't doubt that for a second, the vast majority of people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and the sales show that.
I was just curious to know as to how much it mattered to @BongoBongo

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic