Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 581 to 600 of 775

Beedrill4Smash

@roy130390 @Meowpheel You know, I really wish I could enjoy Tiki, but I think her regular attacks have such a laughably bad range. I think I'll revisit her after upgrading the awakening time meter, and get her a dragon stone with awakening gift. Other than that I would say all other characters (Somewhat withholding Pegasus Knights) are fun to play as...except Corrin. I don't know why, but I just don't care for her.

Beedrill4Smash

Eel

The one thing I don't like about Corrin is how... Fake... Their transformation animation looks in their special (I think it's the special?) It looks like someone took the skeleton of their models and decided to animate it by hand in a few minutes.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

The Shadow Dragon DLC comes out February 15th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Thanks.

Meowpheel wrote:

So, after a series of weird events I now also have the switch version of this.

I feel kinda guilty buying the same game twice in such a small frame of time, but whatever what's done is done. At least I have something to play on the switch.

I thought it would be a bit annoying to start over, but I'm catching up to my 3ds version. And I still play that one too, the switch can only go so far.

Interestingly, I noticed the game tends to lag in handheld mode, even during the victory cutscenes, which is unfortunate. Also the single joycon playstyle is lacking, and it changes when on multiplayer (I set my buttons to match the Hyrule Warriors style). There doesn't seem to be a way to fix it either. Not like I'd play multiplayer too much, since it's worse regardless of the mode.

Anyway, just as I was praising the 3ds version for being so stable, I got a weird glitch where the audio for the battle introductions got all out of sync. It was funny. Thankfully it fixed itself after two intros.

Talking about the 3ds, now that I have both versions, I can say it's quite amazing just how accurate the 3ds version is. I see basically no changes in effective enemy count, everything works identically.

Bloop.

RR529

Had a weak moment and ordered this last night. Finished up the main quest in BotW earlier in the week, and figured I could just do some extra sidequesting in it & XC2 (which I've also completed the main story in) until Kirby releases, but that's still over a month away and felt the need for something more beefy to sink myself into until then. Will be here tomorrow.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Cynas

Meowpheel wrote:

Azura in particular looks like she is bored to death in her warrior special.

I'd like to think for Azura it's just to replicate how she looked in the game when she did the dance
Untitled

My favourite characters to play as are Ryoma, Takumi, and Azura. I leave the 4th slot for either Robin or Frederick, depending on who I need in the situation. Once I finished the main story and adventure maps I thought I would be done with the game, but I'm happy I picked up the DLC. The DLC itself wasn't necessarily the reason I got addicted to the game again, but it was setting goals for myself, like unlocking True Power and Divine Power for character specific weapons, getting the best skills for my characters, getting all the crests, and hunting for the best abilities to put in item slots. I really hope the next set of DLC is pretty difficult because as it stands my characters are pretty overpowered. I really hope Linde is going to be a unique tome user. Minerva seems like a clone of Camilla and Navarre seems like a basic sword user/clone of Ryoma.

On a side note, having all my main characters be Fates heroes makes some of the restricted fights pretty annoying. It wasn't bad with the Fates DLC because most of the restricted maps were for Fates characters, but I might have to switch my mains for the next 2 waves of DLC.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Eel

Haha when I said that I was actually playing the 3ds version.

In that one her expression is even more... Sedated.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

RR529

Played the first few chapters this afternoon (up to where you get Chrom, Lissa, & Fredrick).

Playing on Normal/Casual settings (I usually play Classic with main FE titles, but don't think it'd be a good fit for Warriors, IMO), with Lianna as the MC. Pretty fun so far, though I'm just getting started.

BTW, how do you change costumes? I was notified that I got one for Lissa, but don't see anyway to change it in the Camp/Convoy menues.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Eel

Classic is very... Inconsequential

The only difference is that when a character dies in a story level, you need to revive them. I don't think it even works in the history levels, which is like 90% of the levels.

That's it.

The funny part is that you can't change from casual to classic. Ever. I don't get why.

You can change costumes in the same menu where you can change weapons and skills.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

roy130390

I really want this version to be in this game, it would fit better than the Birthright version:

Guys, do you think that they will surprise us eventually with more DLC than the 3 packs that were revealed? I know they talked bout a sequel, but maybe the sales weren't as good as they wanted so they end up giving people some of the characters they want to see it if sells better. Either way, the cast didn't bother me one bit, but I like to extend the duration of my games as much as possible. Please... give Roy's amiibo a freaking function or something (naah I know that won't happen).

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

RR529

@Meowpheel, @Tsurii, Thanks, I found out how to change costumes now, the option just hadn't been unlocked yet (and it was a costume for Lianna, not Lissa as I first thought).

Anyways, I'm glad to learn that you can restart a mission from a checkpoint if you lose, instead of starting from scratch. I pretty much had the entire map conquered when a couple archers appeared and one of them one-shotted Cordelia before I could get to her (her death was a lose condition), but I was able to retry on the spot and saved her the second time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Grumblevolcano

@roy130390 Given Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition comes out in March for Japan, I think Awakening is the end of the DLC with Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition maybe getting a season pass.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

I can only hope they'll surprise us with the villains as free characters or as the fourth dlc.

About Azura's song, her special alternates between both versions. The birthright version is usually the first she sings, but if you are using her dark costume then she starts with the conquest version.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

roy130390

Meowpheel wrote:

I can only hope they'll surprise us with the villains as free characters or as the fourth dlc.

About Azura's song, her special alternates between both versions. The birthright version is usually the first she sings, but if you are using her dark costume then she starts with the conquest version.

That's an awesome detail! Now I'll definitely buy the DLC as soon as I can. I passed on it recently because of the ps store discounts (I bought assasin's creed IV Black Flag for 6 dollars) .

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Kimyonaakuma

@Grumblevolcano I don't think we'll see any DLC for the definitive version, because that would make it very definitive...
I also would have expected them to leave the BotW costumes for the DLC if it was going to happen. Maybe if it sells really well we could see a BotW pack? It might cost a little more than the previous ones but could include each champion as a character and maybe a few bonus levels. I'll try and avoid one of long speculative paragraphs detailing all of my ideas so I'll stop here

@roy130390 I think it would be better if they just made a sequel that focused on the other games, they deserve their own cutscenes and stages. Another season pass would just include 3 characters from each game and even more missions on recycled maps. If we get more DLC it will be the villains and Darios because it would be minimal effort, but I'd expect it to be free.
I enjoyed the story but it had problems that could have been easily fixed, whoever wrote the story did a terrible job! However the game as a whole is enjoyable, in some ways I like it more than Hyrule Warriors, and I've always been more of a Zelda fan so that's strange

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal @Kimyonaakuma I think the term definitive doesn't necessarily mean no new DLC. Complete is the only term I'd assume no new DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Eel

Yeah I don't necessarily see why it being the definitive edition wold exclude it from getting extra content. Specially if it's exclusive to it.

I think they would've probably added a new character or two already if they planned to add more though.

But who knows.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Kimyonaakuma

@Grumblevolcano Fair enough, it's not impossible. But to me the word definitive suggests that it's complete and won't be adding anything new besides the occasional performance updates or bug fixes.

There will always be a ton of missed opportunities for levels and characters from the Zelda series but we probably won't see most of them. The Warriors team has such a crazy schedule that I'm suprised that they have managed to do three ports of this game, I guess it's performed well across Wii U and 3DS.

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

I see definitive as meaning the best version available and that's true irrelevant of whether DLC is added provided the DLC is exclusive to the Switch version.

Grumblevolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@Grumblevolcano I thought it was more of a complete edition, both the original and Legends had features that didn't appear in the other so the Switch version merges the two together. I'd be happy for more DLC because I'd have another reason to buy it again (I've already bought the other two versions and their season passes), but I've seen people here and elsewhere complain that a definitive version should have everything on the cartridge.

What would people expect as DLC anyway? I don't want another Adventure Map because there are so many already. I'd really like another chapter or two to the story mode but that would cost more money for everyone involved

Kimyonaakuma

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.