Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 381 to 400 of 705

Eel

Just played through the bit with the mermaid.

Oh gosh more feels, it reminded me of some of the better parts of DQ9, the ones that made that game memorable.

I do love my underwater sections though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

komodo182

@King-X adding dirge of dundrasil is a great idea to that combo! That would stop them from running!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

komodo182

@King-X My guys are already level 99, so doesn't matter now, but if I replay it would be good.
Working on equipment now and then I have to finish the wheel. Then sometime you know, finish the game.

BruceCM

Got to the mural town.... How am I doing?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Quarth

I might be alone on this, but Sylvando is my favorite character so far. 😅

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

BruceCM

He's my least favourite.... Defeated the boss!

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't got that far, @komodo182 .... D-in-G?

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

The one after going to the mural, @komodo182 .... Still got at least 1 orb left! Will go after that tomorrow & report progress

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM you got a ways to go, don't worry

8bit4Life

Bug problem?

I just bought Dragon Quest 11 after playing the demo. When I began playing the full game and installed an update, the hero’s sword disappears after battle and doesn’t show at all on his back. It did show during the demo version.

Is anybody else experiencing this, or is there a toggle to show/hide the weapon?

Edited on by 8bit4Life

8bit4Life

RR529

Just out of curiosity, now that the full game is out can anyone confirm if the target shooting sidequest is still in?

You should be able to get a crossbow in Gallopolis that can be used to get the attention of far away enemies & shoot targets littered throughout the overworld environments (at this point there should be a Bodkin Archer at every camp that'll update your progress with that area's targets).

It's a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but I noticed that there weren't any targets in the demo (I only got to Hotto in the demo, but I believe the targets should still be visible even before you get the crossbow) and was wondering if they removed them for some reason.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Just finished the part of the game with the mermaid... even knowing where it was probably going, it was still a little too depressing for my liking.

Maybe I should have lied to her.

Beautiful, beautiful game. I love everything about it. If it stays this good, it'll easily be one of my favorite games this gen.

@RR529 I haven't seen any targets in this game. There IS a crossbow that you can use to get the attention of distant enemies, though. And there's no aiming.

Apparently the first-person view mode that was in the PS4 version was also removed.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Defeated Krystalindra .... Not too difficult

SW-4357-9287-0699

RR529

@Ralizah, I guess maybe the target thing may have been too difficult to implement in the 2D mode so maybe they axed it altogether (for example, there's supposed to be one hanging off the corner of the roof of that little seaside shack near the Kingsburrow). FYI, there was no aiming in the PS4 version either (if you were close enough to a target, you would just get a prompt to use the crossbow).

Never bothered with it much in the PS4 version anyway, so it's not a big loss (especially compared to all the gains), just curious.

I knew about them removing the first person view, but I think the added photo mode more than makes up for it (taking screenshots of something is really the only time I used the first person view).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

komodo182

Well I finally finished the game last night.
May pick up dragon quest 1 on switch soon to give it a go.

komodo182

@BruceCM Sign note, how do I make spoiler tags?

BruceCM

[spoiler ]Without the space before the bracket.... [/spoiler] @komodo182

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic