Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 181 to 200 of 606

bilboa

toiletduck wrote:

@bilboa @Mountain_Man yeah I'll probably try that. Thanks.

Also, I should mention in case anyone reading this isn't aware, that the Switch version will be pretty much the same game that was already released on other consoles. So you can go to metacritic.com and read lots of reviews for the Playstation and Xbox versions of the game. The only thing I'm waiting on is to be sure the Switch version performs well.

Edited on by bilboa

bilboa

Mountain_Man

bilboa wrote:

toiletduck wrote:

@bilboa @Mountain_Man yeah I'll probably try that. Thanks.

Also, I should mention in case anyone reading this isn't aware, that the Switch version will be pretty much the same game that was already released on other consoles. So you can go to metacritic.com and read lots of reviews for the Playstation and Xbox versions of the game. The only thing I'm waiting on is to be sure the Switch version performs well.

The Switch version is reported to run at a locked 60FPS handheld and docked.

The Mountain Man

misanthrope

@toiletduck idk why these guys are being difficult towards you... I left them the opportunity to explain the game since they love it so much but..

It's an action RPG dungeon crawler with procedurally generated levels. You choose your character out of 7 classes. It's a button masher with the most addictive aspect of the game being the randomly generated loot you hunt from killing enemies.

The gear is classified by color:
White- standard
Blue- Randomly generated magic properties, ie: +x amount of fire damage
Yellow- Rare - more better randomly generated stats
Green- Set item- similar to yellow+ added effect of equip all pieces of a set and gain extra stat bonuses
Orange- Legendary- super cool

It's a rather short game with a few chapters that you can play in short bursts of time. After you beat it you play through it again on harder difficulties keeping your character while the enemies get harder and drop higher level gear. You can play by yourself or join a game with friends or randoms

The original Diablo games basically built the foundation for weapons and armor in the modern MMO.

If you like action, or action RPG games, or randomly generated loot, you may like it.

misanthrope

Ryzaerian

@misanthrope

For a guy who despises D3, you know very little about it.

You’ve failed to even mention Adventure Mode, which is the entire essence of the endgame. Bounties? Nephalem Rifts? Greater Rifts? Kanai’s Cube? Seasonal characters with season-specific challenges, sets, and rewards? Hardcore and Seasonal Hardcore?

Oh, and good luck “button-mashing” your way through a Torment 13 rift. I’ll pay to see that.

Nobody replays the campaign over and over anymore. After you’ve completed it once, you unlock Adventure Mode for all current and future characters (within the same game type - regular, hardcore, seasonal, etc.). That’s your bread and butter.

As a matter of fact, I think I remember reading that the Switch version will have Adventure Mode unlocked from the start. You won’t even have to run the campaign if you don’t want to.

You’re describing a D3 build from 2012. No wonder your opinion of the game is so off.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

Fowlersrs

I'm very intrigued by this game, Alot of friends who are on ps4 recommending it.

Once you've completed the story and end up in adventure mode how does the multiplayer aspect work? Are u basically in a co op with anyone who wants to join in against the demon hoards or do u directly compete against other players?

Fowlersrs

misanthrope

@Ryzaerian wow that all sounds like total trash and a totally s*** over story arch!

misanthrope

Ryzaerian

@Fowlersrs

Diablo is all about the co-op. You’ll be joining(up to) 4-person teams for Bounties, Rifts, achievements, even campaign if you like. You can trade gear with other players as well, or gift items through the mailbox.

The loot system is completely player-specific and tailored to you, even in multi. What drops for me is not what dropped for you. It’s very smooth. No one will ever accuse you of taking their stuff or hoarding loot.

There is a Brawler arena to do a little small-scale PvP if you like, but it’s just for fun. As I said, Diablo is, first and foremost, a co-op game.

@misanthrope

It -sounds-? You’ve been talking all that trash this entire time and you literally have no idea what you’re talking about? You’ve been spouting off enraged diatribes without actually experiencing any of this first-hand?

😂

You’re mental. You know that on some level, right?

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

misanthrope

@Ryzaerian dude, my gripe with the game was never centered around the gameplay.. it was the fact that they didn't create a believable Diablo game to begin with.. it's a WoW dungeon crawler... so no, i don't want to experience all the extra WoW crap they added to it.

misanthrope

bilboa

misanthrope wrote:

@Ryzaerian dude, my gripe with the game was never centered around the gameplay.. it was the fact that they didn't create a believable Diablo game to begin with.. it's a WoW dungeon crawler... so no, i don't want to experience all the extra WoW crap they added to it.

Ok, so you're not even actually saying it's a bad game in its own right, you're just saying it's too different from Diablo 1 and 2 for your tastes. That's reasonable. I think if you weren't stating your opinion in such absolute terms, nobody would have much of a problem with it.

bilboa

Mountain_Man

bilboa wrote:

misanthrope wrote:

Ok, so you're not even actually saying it's a bad game in its own right, you're just saying it's too different from Diablo 1 and 2 for your tastes. That's reasonable. I think if you weren't stating your opinion in such absolute terms, nobody would have much of a problem with it.

Except, as I noted, Diablo 3 has more in common with Diablo 2 than 2 does with 1, so his "It's not a 'real' Diablo game" assertion doesn't have a leg to stand on. He's also using many of the same arguments that hardcore Diablo fans used back in the day to criticize Diablo 2 for not being a "real" Diablo game.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

misanthrope

@bilboa yea the gameplay is solid.. they just ruined the Diablo universe

@Mountain_Man No it doesn't dude. Again.. tell me why Path of Exile looks more like D3 than D3 does...

misanthrope

toiletduck

misanthrope wrote:

@toiletduck idk why these guys are being difficult towards you... I left them the opportunity to explain the game since they love it so much but..

Oh I haven't had the feeling they were difficult at all just a nice discussion about a game.

misanthrope wrote:

It's an action RPG dungeon crawler with procedurally generated levels. You choose your character out of 7 classes. It's a button masher with the most addictive aspect of the game being the randomly generated loot you hunt from killing enemies.

The gear is classified by color:
White- standard
Blue- Randomly generated magic properties, ie: +x amount of fire damage
Yellow- Rare - more better randomly generated stats
Green- Set item- similar to yellow+ added effect of equip all pieces of a set and gain extra stat bonuses
Orange- Legendary- super cool

It's a rather short game with a few chapters that you can play in short bursts of time. After you beat it you play through it again on harder difficulties keeping your character while the enemies get harder and drop higher level gear. You can play by yourself or join a game with friends or randoms

The original Diablo games basically built the foundation for weapons and armor in the modern MMO.

If you like action, or action RPG games, or randomly generated loot, you may like it.

Thanks, this helps a lot. I'll probably try the 'demo' on my Macbook to see if it gets to me, but I don't have my hopes up too high. Doesn't matter though, enough awesome games in the pipeline to keep me occupied till summer!

Thanks all for the replies!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Mountain_Man

Since I put misanthrope on ignore, I can only see his comments if other people quote him, but this caught my eye:

"It's a rather short game with a few chapters that you can play in short bursts of time. After you beat it you play through it again on harder difficulties keeping your character while the enemies get harder and drop higher level gear."

He sounds like those clueless people who criticize Linux with the outdated argument that you have to use the command line for everything when no modern Linux distro requires the user to use the command line.

The first release of Diablo 3 didn't have an end game other than running the campaign multiple times on increasingly higher difficulty levels, but Blizzard addressed this years ago with the addition of Adventure Mode and Rifts.

Adventure Mode dispenses with the story and opens up the whole game world allowing the player to move freely across the map. The game is also populated with bounties, which are simple tasks to pursue, such as kill a certain number of enemies in a given area, or complete a certain event, and once you've completed all five bounties in an act, you're given a loot chest full of high end gear as your reward.

Rifts are accessed from town and feature completely randomized areas and enemies, so you'll find enemies populating different areas than they do in the campaign. The goal of Rifts is to kill enemies and fill a progress bar at your leisure which, when filled, will summon the Rift Guardian who gives lots of experience and loot as a reward upon defeat. There are also timed Rifts that have you racing against the clock with the best rewards only being given to those who beat the Rift Guardian before the clock expires.

That's pretty much the end game, to keep pushing your character higher and higher through the Bounties and Rifts. I think it's fun, and Diablo 3 will be perfect for short gameplay sessions that are well-suited for portable gaming.

The Mountain Man

misanthrope

@Mountain_Man since I'm not a coward, i don't put people on ignore on the internet who hold different opinions than mine so ill respond to him directly because that was a stupid ass post..
This guy might want to try some reading comprehension before he tries to belittle people online instead belittling himself...

i gave any accurate, condensed summary for somebody who has zero knowledge of the game whatsoever.. the game is short, after you beat it you keep playing and get higher level gear.. it's not that deep.

misanthrope

Ryzaerian

misanthrope wrote:

@Mountain_Man since I'm not a coward, i don't put people on ignore on the internet who hold different opinions than mine so ill respond to him directly because that was a stupid ass post..
This guy might want to try some reading comprehension before he tries to belittle people online instead belittling himself...

i gave any accurate, condensed summary for somebody who has zero knowledge of the game whatsoever.. the game is short, after you beat it you keep playing and get higher level gear.. it's not that deep.

You are, once again, describing a build from six years ago. The game has tripled in terms of content since then.

There’s plenty of depth. You just don’t know it because you haven’t played it.

The point here is that you’re not qualified to talk about the game because you have no concept of how it looks, feels, and plays in its current state.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Tasuki

@misanthrope Oh look the troll is back.

Listen we get you don't like Diablo III so instead of insulting poeple and boost utter garbage why not oh I don't not post.

I sware it's people like you who ruined this once great site.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NEStalgia

I'm not getting the arguments here about "real Diablo" I loved 1. I loved 2. 2 did everything 1 did only far more of it with far more diversity of content (and Wirt finally got what that little *$(#@ had coming to him! Worth $50 right there!)

I played 3 on PS4 (will buy again on Switch and already bought on X1 as well).....2 is better, definitely. But 3 didn't feel that different. Faster, yes. More streamlined (dumbed down?) loot management. The story felt a lot weaker, as did the locales vs. 2. But it didn't feel wildly different, and didn't need a keyboard....

I'm not sure I understand the roots of those arguments.

NEStalgia

Eel

Ok, mister random troll person: stop.

Disrupt the discussion one more time and you get banned.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic