Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 201 to 220 of 606

Spoony_Tech

This will be my first experience with a Diablo game just like Dark Souls. So happy we are getting all these games I wouldn't even give a second look at if not on Nintendo systems.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

I have it on PS4 and PC but don't mind getting it again. Such an awesome game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryzaerian

By the way, if any of you guys want someone to team up with, or answer some questions, feel free to add me. Experienced players too for that matter. I’ll definitely be playing from day one.

Code is in the sig.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

Spoony_Tech

It definitely will. @Tsurii @Tasuki

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

bilboa

misanthrope wrote:

It's a button masher with the most addictive aspect of the game being the randomly generated loot you hunt from killing enemies.

I don't agree with this characterization of the game, or at least, that's not the only way to play it.

I do agree that for some people, getting loot and leveling up and better equipping your character is the main draw of the game. For these people, as far as I can tell from reading threads by them on battle.net, the combat is almost incidental, and when they're debating what character builds, difficulty levels and areas of the game are best, everything is evaluated in terms of which are the most efficient for farming loot and leveling up, not which are most fun to play. If you're optimizing everything toward most efficient loot farming, then the gameplay probably does end up feeling pretty button-mashy.

The thing is, you don't have to play the game that way. For me the focus is always on the fun combat, atmosphere, and setting. For my money this game has some of the most fun hack and slash combat of any video game. When played this way, the loot is just a means to an end, the end being to get the most interesting and fun to play setups possible. For instance when I'm choosing a difficulty level, or particular set of equipment and abilities, I'm not trying to necessarily maximize efficiency, I'm trying to maximize how fun and interesting the game is to play moment-to-moment, which in some cases might mean making things less efficient for progression.

I think the game brilliantly supports both of these play styles. For the loot collectors, the nearly endless variations of gear available from enemies and crafting is great. For people like me who are mostly interested in the combat and story, it's got a bunch of superbly balanced playable characters, tons of interesting abilities available through different gear, lots of varied enemies and mobs, lots of difficulty levels to choose from, which all combine to make one of the most fun action games ever.

bilboa

bilboa

Tasuki wrote:

Will this require a Nintendo Online subscription??

Nintendo online will only be required for multiplayer. Single player won't require NO.

bilboa

NEStalgia

@bilboa AoE attacks blowing up 100 monsters at once, and gambling simulator loot mechanic have always been the reason to play Diablo. Any other reason and you're playing it wrong

NEStalgia

bilboa

NEStalgia wrote:

@bilboa AoE attacks blowing up 100 monsters at once, and gambling simulator loot mechanic have always been the reason to play Diablo. Any other reason and you're playing it wrong

Ha! I've always felt the opposite, that Blizzard put so much work into making the combat fun and varied and balanced, that obviously the people playing it just as a gambling simulator are playing it wrong. Of course, I'm kidding, since it's just as obvious that Blizzard has put a lot of effort into catering to the "loot collectors" as well. That's part of what I think is brilliant about the game though, that it caters to both of these play styles so well.

bilboa

Mountain_Man

Tasuki wrote:

Will this require a Nintendo Online subscription??

Only if you plan on playing with other people online. Cloud saves, seasons, and local co-op (same system and multiple systems) will be supported "out of the box" with no subscription required.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

Ryzaerian wrote:

You are, once again, describing a build from six years ago. The game has tripled in terms of content since then.

There’s plenty of depth. You just don’t know it because you haven’t played it.

The point here is that you’re not qualified to talk about the game because you have no concept of how it looks, feels, and plays in its current state.

Yep. That was the point of my Linux analogy. His criticisms are obsolete.

Personally, I thought Diablo 3 was a great game from day one, and it has only gotten better.

The Mountain Man

Ryzaerian

@Mountain_Man

Stop lying. I’ve played the game for six years on two different platforms, and have already pre-ordered it on the Switch.

It obviously sucks. 😁

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

misanthrope

@Ryzaerian no I'm not describing the old build..... i took into consideration your detail of all the changes and concluded my SUMMARY i presented to @toiletduck still described the PREMISE of the game.. after you play through the campaign the game doesn't end and you keep playing gaining higher levels and better gear... THIS IS THE GAME... and look at his reply! I was the one who actually helped him understand what this game is about and he appreciated I gave him a quick breakdown of what this game is and now he wants to try it and possibly buy it!!
When i said it's not that deep i wasn't saying there's no content, i said this s*** is not complicated! It's a damn dungeon crawler all you do is plow through level after level so stop acting like the game has all these complicated systems! End of the day this is a hack and slash! It's not that deep!

@Yosheel are you a mod? Why don't you check your damn self, I'm not the one making all the personal attacks, dude even goes as far as calling me a "stupid b*tch" and you threaten ME with a ban because I'm not in here sucking the games d*ck as if there's no criticisms allowed while discussing games here... I'm the only person that was helpful towards @toiletduck when they were struggling to understand what this game even is and then these people continue belligerently attacking me for no other reason than i don't like the game and like after 20 years idkwtf Diablo is.

misanthrope

Joeynator3000

...Welp, you basically got yourself a ban dude, have fun.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

toiletduck

@misanthrope Let's keep it friendly. If you need * in your post, you're basically trying to say stuff that's not meant to be said on an internet forum. So instead of using *, try to express yourself in a friendlier manner and people may tend to have a friendlier conversation with you too (of course this doesn't only apply to you).

With regard to this:

misanthrope wrote:

@Ryzaerian no I'm not describing the old build..... i took into consideration your detail of all the changes and concluded my SUMMARY i presented to @toiletduck still described the PREMISE of the game.. after you play through the campaign the game doesn't end and you keep playing gaining higher levels and better gear... THIS IS THE GAME... and look at his reply! I was the one who actually helped him understand what this game is about and he appreciated I gave him a quick breakdown of what this game is and now he wants to try it and possibly buy it!!

You're not the only one providing me with useful information, so don't claim you are. It's the combination of posts and discussion here which intrigues me and which probably convinces me to try the demo. It's not just your posts.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Super_Gravy

Diablo 3 was an terrible game that built around auction house with real money. The RNG is actually very terrible at very beginning before they decided to get rid of auction house since many hackers hacking their accounts for money.

Until the expansion pack came out and its got really good. I mean going from like 4/10 to 8/10 rating with expansion pack alone due to "darker" story plus adventure mode.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

Mountain_Man

Ryzaerian wrote:

@Mountain_Man

Stop lying. I’ve played the game for six years on two different platforms, and have already pre-ordered it on the Switch.

It obviously sucks. 😁

That's funny. It reminds me of some of the most vocal critics on the Battle.net forums who would decry Diablo 3 as the worst game ever, but when you checked their profile, you could see they were actively playing and had hundreds of hours logged, and some cases thousands!

The Mountain Man

Mountain_Man

Super_Gravy wrote:

Diablo 3 was an terrible game that built around auction house with real money. The RNG is actually very terrible at very beginning before they decided to get rid of auction house since many hackers hacking their accounts for money.

Until the expansion pack came out and its got really good. I mean going from like 4/10 to 8/10 rating with expansion pack alone due to "darker" story plus adventure mode.

It's a common misconception that the game was balanced around the auction house. According to one of the programmers, they balanced the game exclusively for self-found gear because there was no active auction house during development for them to test against. I can also say that as someone who never used the auction house and played only with gear that I found on my own that I had no shortage of high end gear at my disposal.

The Mountain Man

bilboa

Mountain_Man wrote:

It's a common misconception that the game was balanced around the auction house. According to one of the programmers, they balanced the game exclusively for self-found gear because there was no active auction house during development for them to test against. I can also say that as someone who never used the auction house and played only with gear that I found on my own that I had no shortage of high end gear at my disposal.

I agree that it was always possible to enjoy the game without using the auction house, and it may be the case that Blizzard never intentionally designed the game to push people toward using the auction house. However Blizzard did implement their "Loot 2.0" system when they removed the auction house, which made it more likely for players to get the most desirable gear without needing to trade for or buy it. So apparently Blizzard recognized that a lot of players felt like the game was balanced so that the auction house was necessary to enjoy the game, even if that was unintentional.

Like you, I was never tempted to touch the auction house, but I think that's partly because gear collecting was never my focus. Like I described in a previous post, I think Diablo players can be divided into two groups. One group mainly is into the collection aspect of the game, where filling out your collection of all the best gear is the main motivation for playing. The other group is mostly into playing it as an action RPG, where the gear is just a means to an end, the end being to add new abilities to your character.

For the first group, the collectors, I gather they really did feel like the auction house was necessary to enjoy the game, until Loot 2.0 rebalanced things. For the second group, the game was fine all along without the auction house. I'm firmly in the second group, who played it just as an action game. As long as I was getting a nice variety of new gear to play with, I was happy, and didn't care if I never got the most super-duper powerful rare items.

Edited on by bilboa

bilboa

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic