Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,369

veeflames

@Ralizah Curving punches with the Pro Controller is definitely the hardest to master when using that controller. For some reason curving punches is linked to the L-stick, the very stick which you use to move. You have to learn to transition from moving to curving punches when you throw one... it's pretty tricky.
But now that I think of it... the Pro Controller is definitely usable (hey, I won some matches with it... although I did get beat up with it, so...). It just takes a bit of time getting used to it. But if my Joy Cons work during the next TP then I'll use that instead.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NightMoon

@Ralizah Feels fine with me for both joy cons and pro. The joy cons did take a while to get use to.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

Maxz

This is a fun game for sure. Even if it doesn't take off on a Splatoon level, it's great to have games to pad out a console's library are plain good fun. Maybe it'll be a super-flahship title forevermore. Maybe it'll just be a weird one off and a bit of a laugh. Either way, it's very difficult to hate, and it makes me glad Nintendo are still making weird new stuff like video game companies should. It also makes me glad we got MK8D, rather than waiting for 9. There've been a few people grumbling about Deluxe on the basis on "no ports, new game", but it's hard to argue that MK9 would qualify as a 'new game' while getting both MK8D and ARMS doesn't.

@Vee_Flames: Glad you've semi-diagnosed the problem. Hope you can sort out what's causing it.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Ralizah

When the button controls worked for me, curving punches was definitely the hardest thing to get right, because, as had been said, you move and curve punches with the same stick. Movement is definitely a lot easier with the buttons, though.

Oh, and after this session, I fully believe Master Mummy is a bad fighter. His health doesn't restore quickly enough to matter, and he's sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Way too slow. Spring Man is actually my favorite fighter of the three I've tried (Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and Master Mummy).

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

Maybe the game will work better with the pro controller for me. I really like that controller.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

meleebrawler

Was quite fun. I played in handheld mode, though will try to get in joy-con control tomorrow. V-Ball is a fun side-mode, though I think it would be better with no timer (the hot-potato aspect is okay, though).

I saw a funny moment in a 2v2 where a Ninjara and Helix simultaneously KOed other.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

KirbyTheVampire

@Ralizah I agree on the Master Mummy part. They should definitely buff the health regen. As of right now, it's basically useless, and his speed basically makes him a sitting duck, especially when fighting someone like Ninjara, who I did way better with.

KirbyTheVampire

veeflames

I think you just have to be aggressive with Master Mummy, especially since he doesn't flinch when he takes damage (for the most part). That's what one Master Mummy player did and... well, I don't even think I touched him at all. That match was pretty fast, too.
Also played against a Helix player who has clearly mastered his art. He was a bit predictable in the grand scheme of things, but man... was he hard to attack!
@Maxz Thanks... I really do not want to send in anything to Nintendo (nothing against them lel). The problem should be done away with for now.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

-Green-

I wouldn't ask for buffs yet until we see how the game actually lays out. We've barely had an hour to play it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

meleebrawler

@MyNameIsRandy Yeah, but that has more to do with his arms than Mummy specifically. Min-Min can achieve the same effect with her Mega-Amps, for example.

I've not tried him, but perhaps @Vee_Flames has a point about aggression. You basically ignore all normal punches that do half damage when you armour them, only guarding when they charge, advancing and counterpunching the rest of the time. His throw is also the most damaging in the game at the moment. His regen, while it won't turn matches around, it does work in tandem with the strong grab to put pressure on defending opponents... at least in a close fight. Thus it is important that Master Mummy seize the initiative and not give the opposition a chance to compose themselves.

He certainly doesn't like Spring Man (at low health at least) or Min-Min, who can throw out more charged hits than others.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

NightMoon

There's no need to buff his regen. Why give a guy who doesn't get stun much more healing power.

NightMoon

JoyBoy

Are we at that point again where people play a game for a 1 hour and are already convinced what should be changed?

Anyway, I can't wait to play this game!

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Nin10dad

That happened to me! The game was a draw and we all got 2 points! @meleebrawler

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

-Green-

Got a much better taste of the game this time. I basically did what was the equivalent of button mashing with motion controls several times. Mostly when they used their rush.

By the way I hate the rush, it seems so overwhelming and difficult to catch. Like if you don't block before they get it out, there goes like a fourth of your health. Not to mention, I'm still struggling with the blocking up to this point, with it being difficult to get the game to recognize that I'm blocking and not just throwing out a follow up punch. Which is annoying.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JoyBoy

First time me playing it. I liked it a lot. Beginning I lost every time but I kept going and did great with Mechanica. I love her.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

NightMoon

@-Green- That's like much supers. Just keep your distance. Also I like how new comings don't know how to deal with Master Mummy. I win most of my matches with him.

NightMoon

Ralizah

Played Ninjara in handheld mode this time. MUCH, MUCH better experience. Other than blocking and curving punches, button controls are the way to go, I think.

• Not a fan of volleyball. It's boring. Easy-ish to win, though.
  • 1v1v1 sucks. It's always two people ganging up on one unless you hang back. One guy hung back through the majority of the match while I duked it out with someone else, and i don't blame him one bit. If you try jumping in the fray, both other opponents will turn their attention to you and clobber you.
    1v1 is pretty fun.

I like Ninjara. Fast-ish, and I like his puff of smoke dash thing.

This game kind of feels like a stripped down eshop release that they loaded up with unnecessary modes and such to justify charging a premium retail price.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

veeflames

This time went much better for me. Once I figured out you could punch with the triggers on the Pro Controller, that changed everything for me. Then I started using Ribbon Girl, and BAM. I was literally dominating everyone. I've also seemed to have figured out curving punches. Even better for me!
I still have some concerns, however. When the motion controls worked, they worked brilliantly... but I still feel like there were some inaccuracies here and there. That was probably me getting excited and making not-so-subtle movements, but I may just stick with the Pro Controller. Super comfy, too. Also, I don't feel like the characters are balanced... I couldn't hold a finger to anyone if I was using Helix (which is a darn shame, because I really want to use him), but then I switched to Ribbon Girl and was just beating everyone up. I mean, I'm not sure whether I'm just really good at being unpredictable (RIBBON GIRL'S MULTIPLE JUMPS FTW), but I just don't want a Melee situation where somehow Ribbon Girl is this OP character that will be feared by all.
But yeah, this was a solid round for me. This likely won't be an insta-buy for me, though... mostly because I'm kinda broke at the moment. Guess the Testpunch isn't driving me to break the bank at this moment. But it could. We'll see!
EDIT: I don't think the specials are that big of a hassle. Sure when it hits you can kiss a lot of HP goodbye, but they're fairly easy to dodge (at the very least you can miss most of the special and get hit with only two or three of the punches). Try jumping away. Or shielding. Shields are really effective against specials for some reason.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

FGPackers

Honestly i was so much hyped about this game and demo did enough to literally destroy it. The 3-4 people matches are terrible since one will always be out-numbered. But that is not a problem in ranked. Now true problems: controls. Characters really difficult to control especially since if you don't use joy-cons well enough they will kind of do it all-alone. Giving effect to punches is really difficult and the starting direction of punches is difficult too. Sometimes it goes straight, sometimes it starts to go in a different direction. And let's not talk about specials: way too much OP. They're "unavoidable". Even characters balancementis not that good (Min Min & especially Ribbon Girl are so much difficult to defeat). By the way i was also angry i could not test Kid Cobra since i don't like so much other characters but Spring Man, so i used just him and it was frustrating since he gets really strong only when he's almost dead. Also charging weapons is not that simple since you have to keep charging them to use them properly. Again, i was really hyped about this, now i might even cancel my pre-order...

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

veeflames

@Ralizah Well, now at least we know why the game comes in at 2.2GB... because the menu is as minimalist as it can get (still not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing) with simple images and fonts. And a lot of yellow. It rivals the likes of FAST Racing Neo/FAST RMX's interface....

God first.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic