Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,369

Eric258

@Vee_Flames Although it's simplistic I really love the menu. It's nice, sharp and clean. It's just so slick! Also doesn't hurt that my favourite colour is yellow!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

NightMoon

@Vee_Flames Yeah Ribbon Girl's multi jump confuses people when I used her. I like how she sings when she jumps.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

veeflames

@NightMoon Exactly. It was freakin' hilarious! Not to mention satisfying when you leave them open and go for a grab or a punch.
@Eric258 Oh, my favorite color is also yellow and I'm also a fan of minimalist menus. But for a game like ARMS I was kinda expecting more... not like it matters anyway. It would be absurd to judge a game because of the style of its menu and interface.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

I played the first session with the pro controller and the second session with handheld mode and I found both control systems to work well. Will check out the motion controls in the third session but from my experience in the first 2 sessions, ARMS will be day 1 purchase unless a surprise E3 announcement releasing around the same time appears that I like the looks of more. I say surprise because stuff like Halo Wars 2 story DLC and BotW expansion pass content don't count as I've already bought the passes hence you don't need to pay more.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FGPackers

I might use next Testpunch for a better evaluation...

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Ralizah

@Vee_Flames Minimalism seems to be the new thing with the Switch. The system UI. The music in BotW. etc.

Between there just not being that much to the game and Nintendo being as brilliant as they are at file compression, I'm not surprised it's such a small download size.

I would probably go for this if it had a proper story mode, but, unlike MK8, there's just not enough to the game to justify the lack of single-player content.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

-Green-

I'm okay with the game this far. It really does remind me of the original Splatoon when it came out, albeit this is only a small Demo. I say that in a sense that things seem enjoyable and honestly absorbing at times yet odd and even repetitive and samey. Not to mention the colorful and weird (definitely) worlds and characters that inhabit them. I respect the designs of a lot of the characters in the game, but I don't really find any of them to be really amazing to look at. They seem a tad too cartooney for my tastes.

As for the previously mentioned modes, the 3/4 player battle suffers a lot from the same issues that basically every other 3 player system I've seen in other games. The controls are weird but when you get into it it can get really amazing. Which is a good feeling to be honest. I think that's a good demonstration of nuance in control(?).

In reality, I find the controls similar to Monster Hunter. Not that the controls themselves are similar, but rather how they play out. The moves in the game really require a lot of dedication into the movements and when working well, feels great. In a similar fashion, when they don't working, usually through my own fault, it's a hot mess. I'm not sure whether to refer to this solely as the controls or a combination of the controls and gameplay.

To add more to my previous post, I dislike the Rushes because I struggle with blocking, but once I get more comfortable with the controls I think it should be fine. Considering that they themselves seem to have to noticeable weaknesses. I also kind of wish there was just a training mode in the Demo just to practice without having to have someone beat your face in, but it's a Demo so whatever I guess. At the moment I kind of feel that the guard command could've easily been mapped to a button for the motion controls, but I guess they really wanted it all the be Motion Controls, so yeah.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Spoony_Tech

This game is too chaotic to learn the controls in hour sessions especially playing online. I 100% agree now that this game needs a single player demo. Of course I jumped in knowing zero about controls and moving so that's on me. I still had fun for what little I played. I just need to get how to move down as I couldn't seem to move anywhere I wanted. Maybe traditional controls would be more right for this old man lol.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

veeflames

Ralizah wrote:

Minimalism seems to be the new thing with the Switch. The system UI. The music in BotW. etc.

Between there just not being that much to the game and Nintendo being as brilliant as they are at file compression, I'm not surprised it's such a small download size.

I would probably go for this if it had a proper story mode, but, unlike MK8, there's just not enough to the game to justify the lack of single-player content.

Haha, even the box that the Switch came in is (somewhat oddly) minimalist. A bunch of pictures and little text here and there. I was actually surprised when I saw the box lol.
In a way, I do appreciate the minimalist nature that Nintendo is approaching. It's incredibly simple and gets to the point, with little jolts of Nintendo fun here and there (did you know you could bob the character icons around while you were in the ARMS online lobby? Quite adorable). I do wish there was a menu music for the Switch, though... even if it's as relaxing (if not rather dull) as the PS4's.
I guess I'm not really looking for single player content in this game (the only thing I literally want is a practice mode)... the real deal is the fun I'll have playing with others online. But different strokes for everyone!

God first.

-Green-

They were pretty vague with the Single Player content in this game. Unless I'm forgetting something, they just said that you were competing in a 10 person/battle Championship to be crowned Champion, and basically nothing else. I'd like to be hopeful and say there is some sort of interesting story around and they're just hoping to surprise us, but...

It's not difficult to build a story around a single Championship. Street Fighter has had I believe several of their games based around tournaments. Not saying that they're insanely amazing plots in its case, but it's a common example.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NightMoon

@Spoony_Tech Try using a pro controller. It might be up your alley.

NightMoon

Eric258

@-Green- Don't forget that's there's some final boss after the 10 rounds. We see some footage of the guy/thing in the direct, specifically near the very end with all that cool music. But besides that, this game is a multi-player focused game. Although I do appreciate the fact that there is lore in this world and a bunch of awesome characters with some backstory to go with it.

FGPackers

Thinking about it with cool head game is really good. But mastering controls can be the make it or break it. I have to say it was fun, but in certain games, against people that already mastered controls it was really frustrating. Now i'm looking forward to next testpunch to have overall a better experience and a better judgement about it. But again: thinking with cool head game is really cool.

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

veeflames

@Eric258 There just might be some lore. It was hinted in the Direct... so if there IS a lore I'm guessing its when you beat the final boss. Maybe you'll unlock the story for each character when you clear Grand Prix with each one, ala Street Fighter IV? We'll have to see about that.

God first.

Nin10dad

2nd session played! Much like 1st session, finished top of my lobby with 92 points, however only got 50 mins this time, last time got 80(80!) Used motion controls again. Love this game! Day 1 for me, Absolutely no doubt. The game is fun, the controls are tight and responsive and the format, switching between fights and mini games (albeit, just the 1 at the moment) is fun and keeps thing fresh!

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

NightMoon

@G0dlike I never reached that high once. At best 30. Of course I never stay in one lobby. Gotta fight as many different opponents as I can.

NightMoon

ThomGee

This session was much better for me. I found a main (Ninjara) and got much better at the controls. Turns out I was holding the Joy-Cons wrong, and once I got in the right position, everything worked great, movement included. Still don't like how matchmaking works, though, and still hoping for a single-player demo.

I'm going to pre-order this game as soon as I can, and though I probably won't make it to the next Testpunch session, I'll definitely be there for the two after that.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Eric258

@Vee_Flames Yeah that was what I was also similarly thinking. That u would get some story to each character. I'm especially curious about master mummy as in the direct they said he was looking for his lost family

ValhallaOutcast

did anyone figure out what the little rank number means? and why it resets to 0 when you change lobbies

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic