Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,354

Haru17

It sure took a while to get a Forest Temple on Switch for a console that launched with a Zelda game.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

GabeGalaxy

Really intrigued by the new fighter!!!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5414-5102-4440

Currently Playing:
Skyrim (SWITCH)
L.A Noire (SWITCH)
Splatoon 2 (SWITCH)
Just DANCE 2018 (SWITCH)

Dev

Nintendo's teasing a new attribute.

A skull? That's obviously poison.

Dev

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817

Haru17

Punch Time

Edited on by Haru17

Grumblevolcano

The new update is out now!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

So the new guy is all about charging when your spirit's red, charging or guarding when its spirit's blue, and waiting until yellow to start supers.

Haru17

Okay, I take it back, I kind of love Lola Pop. She's ridiculous but not in an overly aggressive way. Her voice lines are pretty good, and the fact that her grab is her juggling the opponent is fantastic.

Edited on by Haru17

meleebrawler

So Misango is actually a stance character. When he charges, he equips his spirit mask which gives him a buff. Red gives him armour, blue speeds him up and yellow makes him invulnerable during his flurries. That last one's really situational though, mainly only good for countering other flurries.

He also sends the mask out to take a hit while guarding, useful for unequipping a buff or looking for an opening to sting with his bird skull arm. Grab is pretty painful too, at 180, a new second best.

As for the new poison attribute, unsurprisingly it deals damage over time. The more you get hit by it in a short time the greater the damage becomes.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

MsJubilee

I'm very impressed with the new guys theme. It's fantastic!

I've died. There is no more me

This is the will of the heavens.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

meleebrawler

So I was bit quick in judging Misango's yellow buff. While still situational, it allows him to launch a fearless offensive or airtight defence as long as he has a flurry stocked. No matter what the opponent does to stop either, the full invulnerability now granted by the flurry will thwart them with a vicious counterattack.

Running into his mask while it's blocking will also (re)-equip it.

Garage

ARMS is missing two things:

• leaderboards
  • story mode

I think players would love to learn more about these cool characters and besides a classic fighting game ARMS could be an entertaining high score game. I doubt a story mode is going to be released via update but at least the high score / leaderboard feature could be boosted by Nintendo. This game has so much potential and I still think the game can reach out to many more players.

Garage

meleebrawler

Who cares about leaderboards other than super-hardcore players? The vast majority won't give it more than a few passing glances of curiosity.

I think Nintendo realizes on some level that a story mode in a fighting game is somewhat superfluous, especially if has an arcade mode which is basically the same thing with less cutscenes. They seem to want to use other media to tell one, like that graphic novel set to release next year.

Anyone notice the ''Party Fest'' popup in the menu? I take it this'll this game's equivalent to the Splatfest?

JasmineDragon

@meleebrawler Yeah, it sounds a lot like a Splatfest kind of deal. Not sure how that's going to work, but it sounds neat. That's the kind of support ARMS needs.

I played with Misanga a bit this afternoon. I like him but haven't really dug into what he can do yet. He's interesting, though.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Stardew Valley

meleebrawler

@JasmineDragon There seems to be quite a few things that happen during the party, like Party mode hosting only a single game type for a period of time, but it mostly boils down to just playing during the fest to rack up points and earn money and badges based on how much you did, much like moving up to King/Queen in a Splatfest. Using the featured fighters (Spring Man and Ribbon Girl in this case) earns you more points, as does using the rotating bonus arms and playing during the special periods mentioned earlier. Unlike a Splatfest, though, you aren't locked to one side of the conflict. So there's a bit of Smash 4's Conquests too.

The new fighter's name is Misango, but funnily enough based on 1v100 dialogue Misanga for him may refer to his ancestors/deities. His mask companion's various buffs allow him to adjust towards any fighter or set of arms thrown his way, for example using the red's armour against foes lacking disabling/fire arms to apply close range pressure alongside an increase in grab damage, or the blue's speed increase in case said arms are in use and dodging is more important. The yellow is situational, but potentially extremely potent as it grants full invulnerability during a flurry, making any action from the opponent in this state extremely risky. If you don't want or need a particular buff at the moment, you can block to use the mask as a shield instead. Great if the opponent is trying heavy direct punch pressure to keep you from accessing buffs.

JasmineDragon

@meleebrawler Yeah, "Misanga" was a typo. His name is, of course, Misango, and his affiliation is Misangan, and Misanga might be his deities, his religion, or his fighting style. It's so tricky trying to figure out the lore from the little bits and pieces in Biff's intros. I'll be watching to see if any more info drops in the course of a few more Grand Prix.

He's an interesting fighter for sure, though. The ARMS roster is certainly filling up with a nice range of characters.

jump

I got my first double KO and rather than registering both fighters getting a win it just ignores it so you have to fight again.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Zyrac

@jump I've gotten two or three double KOs. One time I KO'd my opponent while I was jumping and they were firing a dragon arm, and then I landed on the beam...

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels | ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Filth_Element

@jump got my first double KO yester well actually the missus did. I got KO'd leaving here to deal with two opponents as she finished one off a bomb went off ending her and Max Brass off. In the end the final score was 2-0 to us I was really surprised that a draw didn't register as anything but happy too!

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

JasmineDragon

@meleebrawler So, being interested in improving with Misango I did some reading online, and come to find out Misanga is actually a thing. It's the popular name for a woven friendship bracelet, originating in Brazil and originally made popular by South American soccer players but now most commonly used in Japan.

I think it's safe to assume that this is what Misango is named after, since his ARMS are actually woven in the misanga style.

jump

How are people finding the new event?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic