Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,369

Dogorilla

Lola Pop was winning by a landslide in every lobby I was in. I hadn't used her much before but she's really fun to play as. Misango doesn't seem all that popular, maybe because he's quite complex to use?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jump

I've finally got all of the arms +, I actually feel quite demotivated to keep playing it now.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

meleebrawler

@Masurao I don't really notice more than usual in ranked, but Springtron does get picked a lot in Party mode to take advantage of his shockwave disabling arms not even aimed at him, allowing him to work an unusual support role in team modes (especially Vs. Hedlok). Abusing it too much will likely earn you the ire of the lobby quickly when fighting against you, though.

@Dogorilla I guess there's a nagging feeling in player's minds that his two main modes, armor red and speed blue, are technically inferior versions of existing fighters. Master Mummy has the same armor and heavy movement but even better grab damage and healing over Red Bull, and Ninjara has roughly the same speed as Blue Bird but with intangible air-dashes. His yellow state protecting him during a rush is truly unique to him and an extremely powerful tool at that (it's gotten me a number of clutch victories, particularly in ''rush standoffs''), but situational and hampered by his admittedly balanced slower gauge buildup (at least it feels that way). It's telling that yellow is disabled completely during So Much Rush, its too good to not go unchecked. Add in the annoyances of mostly uncontrolled colour shifting and needing considerable time that the opponent might not be willing to give to use them, and you have a character that along with Byte & Barq, seems not particularly worth it to learn.

But that doesn't stop me from co-maining him with Dr. Coyle, his traits also make him more difficult to predict and his mask's shield mode is a great answer to direct barrages.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

rockodoodle

Got this at launch. Played for about five hours then quit playing for months. I am not very good, but the game has grown on me. Would a been cool if there were a fee more mini games, characters and a story mode, but I like the game overall.

rockodoodle

meleebrawler

@Masurao Eh, fair-weather players spamming what they see is a low effort path to victory is a thing in every fighting game you can think of. Hadoken spam practically codified it. And it's easier still to seek opponents who will fall for those tricks than improving to beat the ones who don't.

jump

rockodoodle wrote:

Got this at launch. Played for about five hours then quit playing for months. I am not very good, but the game has grown on me. Would a been cool if there were a fee more mini games, characters and a story mode, but I like the game overall.

I never understood the appeal of story mode in fighting games, I like a lore around things but an actual story mode feels tacked on.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Very rough Google translation.

"Everytime familiar, sudden update notice! How ... Tomorrow, Ver.5.1 is scheduled to be delivered!
Listening to the rumor that there are something wonderful additional elements, I am under investigation into the ARMS association public relations office ...
Oh, a meaningful badge has fallen in such a place!
Selfishness"

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

chardir

So we are getting 'additions' but not content updates. Interesting.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Dogorilla

@chardir Presumably that includes balance updates, Party Crashes, maybe some extra badges, but no new characters, stages or Arms.

Funky Kong

Zyrac

Wow, Tournament Mode is a cool addition. If you can't be bothered reading the patch notes, it's activated by holding in the right stick and pressing L+R on the main menu, and apparently lets you play matches with all arms unlocked for everyone at the cost of not giving you currency, badges or records. It's smart to have something like this to ease the logistics of in-person tournaments, and always nice to see Nintendo show a little support for that kind of thing. Shame it came so late, though.

Zyrac

Twitter:

chardir

That's an excellent 'minor' update! It might be the first Party Crash I miss though, due to the dates.

rockodoodle

Mainly to give a little story back ground or context.

jump wrote:

rockodoodle wrote:

I never understood the appeal of story mode in fighting games, I like a lore around things but an actual story mode feels tacked on.

rockodoodle

Grumblevolcano

ARMS is now updated to 5.2.0.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Well, time for Silver Blue Max Brass !

Anti-Matter

chardir

I've barely played Dr Coyle so will be experimenting with her for the Party Crash.

Poor forgotten Helix though!

Edited on by chardir

meleebrawler

Hm, this Party Crash title would seem to make the relationship between Coyle and Max (at least from the former's perspective... Max seems like the kind of guy who takes a punch to the face as a friendly greeting) more complex than it first appears. Remember, Coyle organizes these in-universe.

DABYX

Hey peeps,

Excited to get this as our 4th AAA game next month bit wondered if anyone can confirm what offline modes there are?

From what I understand the only online specific are these Party Crashes? (Whatever they are lol)
But Grand Prix and versus are offline?

Cheers

DABYX

Dogorilla

@DABYX Yep, Grand Prix and Versus are offline. Party Crashes are monthly events where you choose one of two characters and battle against opponents to earn points which give you badges and coins, but there's also a normal online Party mode and Ranked mode available at any time.

Funky Kong

DABYX

@Dogorilla Cool that's what I thought. Thanks very much
Can't wait! Seems like such a fun title.

DABYX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic