Forums

Topic: Miyamoto ready for his retirement

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

KingDunsparce

LordJumpMad wrote:

I heard Sonic Team, will be making Mario games now, and its called Mario 06

Oh yes, I am hyped!

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Raylax

theblackdragon wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

This is probably like Jermemy saying this is the end of the series at the end of each season of Top Gear.

actually, TV show 'seasons' are known as 'series'es in the UK. If you hear them talking about something that happened in 'series 1', for example, they're talking about something that happened in the first season of the show. i get the point you're trying to make, though (and that also confused me quite a bit before i looked it up a while back, i love me some Top Gear :3)

My interest is piqued now - I know you lot use 'seasons' instead of 'series' in America. So what does 'series' mean to you?

We use 'seasons' too actually, but normally in terms of a series that spans a large number of episodes (British Brevity - our series generally only span 6-8 episodes per year, and often the last ep is just a highlights compilation, so something with 10+ episodes would be a season), or dramas with 1 hour+ episodes (such as Game of Thrones). Its not exactly an exact science though, the two are fairly interchangeable

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

theblackdragon

@Raylax: a 'series' in terms of a TV show is only used interchangeably with the word 'show'. For example, 'House' is a 'TV show' or a 'TV series', 'I think House is a great show' or 'I think House is a great series', either usage is acceptable. the term 'series finale' is only ever used for the very last episode of a television series, and depending on how popular the series in question was ratings-wise it may be a major TV event, lol. that's why i say i get what that particular user was trying to say with the analogy even though he was factually incorrect, to an uninformed person it may seem like a running in-joke whenever Jeremy says something about it being the 'series finale', like they're pretending to expect the show not to be picked up for another season (though it's so awesome none of us can see that happening :3)

As for seasons, a 'season' can be a full 20-26 episodes, it can be split into halves of 10-13 episodes with a month or three hiatus in between, it can be the first few episodes that were released in the same year and then followed by full, regular seasons after the show was picked up by some random network (Mythbusters is a show with a strange first season like that iirc). a normal 'season' is the year's run of episodes for a given TV series, though, and during the season they'll be shown at the same time each week except for the occasional special event (like during the Olympics, other channels may just show reruns or recap shows so that first-run episodes aren't trying to compete, lol). :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Raylax

theblackdragon wrote:

@whenever Jeremy says something about it being the 'series finale', like they're pretending to expect the show not to be picked up for another season (though it's so awesome none of us can see that happening :3)

Top Gear will only end well Hell freezes over.

And then Clarkson will set fire to it again.

Raylax

Retomplay

lol, love how top gear is the subject here.

Dutch gamer, Nintendo and playstation.

I like playstation, but I prefer Nintendo. I'm NO contestant of Videogame wars.

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/retomplay

Twitter:

Raylax

MYVGW wrote:

lol, love how top gear is the subject here.

Top Gear was always the subject. We just didn't know it.

Raylax

Electricmastro

theblackdragon wrote:

He's probably gonna be one of those guys who 'retires' and then gets bored and starts doing projects again. He won't ever be able to get away from video games.

People will mever stop associating him with video games, that's for sure.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Krshna28

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Nintendo is doomed.

Nope sorry!!!

Also, if Nintendo ever go down, then the whole industry will be a very boring place!!!

Krshna28

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5628-6341

Jaz007

Krshna28 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Nintendo is doomed.

Nope sorry!!!

Also, if Nintendo ever go down, then the whole industry will be a very boring place!!!

I beg to differ with that statement. The industry would still be very fun without the big N. It would be huge shame if they did dissapearing though.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Krshna28

Jaz007 wrote:

Krshna28 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Nintendo is doomed.

Nope sorry!!!

I beg to differ with that statement. The industry would still be very fun without the big N. It would be huge shame if they did dissapearing though.

But there aren't enough innovators and without a big gun like Nintendo to take giant risks (touch screen, 2 screens, motion, list is endless.....), then most developers will just take the safe route and things will get very stale very quickly.

On the hardware scene, Nintendo is the only one of three companies will take these big risks. I will be very surprised if the PS4 and 720 are not just more powerful versions of the PS3 and 360!!!!

Krshna28

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5628-6341

Jaz007

Krshna28 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Krshna28 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Nintendo is doomed.

Nope sorry!!!

But there aren't enough innovators and without a big gun like Nintendo to take giant risks (touch screen, 2 screens, motion, list is endless.....), then most developers will just take the safe route and things will get very stale very quickly.

On the hardware scene, Nintendo is the only one of three companies will take these big risks. I will be very surprised if the PS4 and 720 are not just more powerful versions of the PS3 and 360!!!!

The PS4 has games by Sony that are offering new experiences and its controller does have some innovations. I don't think the touchpad is a copy of the Wii U gamepad either and could easily be used different ways than the gamepad. The industry won't be as fun without Nintendo, but it wouldn't be as fun without Sony either. New types of controller aren't needed for innovation or the advancement if the games industry. The big N won't stop or drasticely increase how creative or innovative third-partys are and the big N alone doesn't keep the industry from getting stale so the idea that without the big N keep the indusrty from becoming stale is null. I personally found the PS3 to be the best system this gen and I did that without a single M rated game too.

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.