Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,201 to 7,220 of 12,088

NEStalgia

@Cynas i agree. It's all the rage it seems, but i wonder how much of the real player base are "creatives" who love to create "their" character, and how much developers overthink the YouTube internet types that literally get paid by the minute for creating them and/or the unique identities they create for the game are marketing.

I've mostly started just sticking with stock or premade character, with maybe a "less obnoxious hair tweak". Skyrim put me off starting twice after spending an evening in the creator and getting nothing done.

I love saints row 4. You do the whole creator, get to voice selection and get "male 1", "male 2", "male 3", "Nolan North" (who then refers to his real self during the game).... It's a giant FU to the whole creation system in a way only saints row could get away with

NEStalgia

Buizel

@SomeBitTripFan Not tried it, but it feels like my field of vision is too low if anything, not too high. Perhaps worth a go next time I pick one of these up though.

At least 2'8".

dionysos283

dionysos283 wrote:

My unpopular gaming opinion:
I really dislike Hollow Knight.

After playing Ori and the Blind Forest (which I loved loved loved!), I wanted to play another 2D-Metroidvania-style game. Obviously if you look for such games on Switch, Hollow Knight is on the top of every list. So I was pretty excited. But from the moment I started the game I really disliked every aspect of it: Art style, music, sound effects, story of bugs in creepy underground world, combat, enemies, deaths etc. I played the game for roughly 1 hour. I had to quit in the middle of it, because I disliked it so much. I came back a few hours later to give it another chance, but the game just didn't do anything for me. I wandered off in different directions, got stuck or lost, and I fought 2-3 bosses, which I always lost and got frustrated. 😕

UPDATE:
I gave this game another go after watching a beginner's guide and now I'm loving it! It's truly a masterpiece!

dionysos283

porto

Here’s a couple:

• The first 2 Paper Mario games are extremely overated. Not bad, just overated.
  • Super Mario Sunshine is the worst main Mario game to date.
  • I think a Super Mario 3D all stars is a terrible idea, I’d much rather them all be separate and released in different times.
  • The Wii U has its quirks, but I thought it was just as good as any other console.
  • The Switch’s library is very good for only being out for 3 years
  • 3D Donkey Kong isn’t a bad idea, and with a few kinks it could be really great
  • I prefer gray joy-cons over colors that stand out.
  • The Switch Lite is very useless and isn’t worth the money.
  • The Switch’s Eshop sucks, and needs to be more organized and changed
  • The motion controls for the Wii were awful and ruined lots of games
  • Aside from the virtual boy, Nintendo 64 is the worst main console
  • I think they should not make a switch pro, and just continue with the OG switch’s cycle and then advance to the next console.

As you can see, I have a lot lol

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@Apportal Agreed about Switch Pro, it would be totally unnecessary in my opinion. I'm not a fan of mid-generation upgrades that are substantial enough that you feel like you're missing out if you don't get them; I'd rather Nintendo just focus on making a full-on successor to the Switch.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

kkslider5552000

Apportal wrote:

• Nintendo 64 is the worst main console (yes, even virtual boy is better)

Now you're just trolling or are profoundly ignorant on both.

You might as well be saying Nintendo 64 is worse than being violently assaulted at that point.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

porto

@kkslider5552000 nobody gives a crap about what I think, and/or too lazy to say something so I don’t think it’s that big a problem. But I changed it anyways, happy now? Also, take a chill pill, it was just a funny saying, saying i’m going to get violently assaulted is pretty dramatic

porto

Euler

@Apportal

• With you on Sunshine. I don't think that's a particularly unpopular opinion though. It's usually considered the weakest of the 3D games.
  • I don't see how paying $80 for a cartridge with 3 or 4 rehashed games is worse than paying $30 for 4 cartridges, each with a different rehashed game on it. I'm skeptical for that reason, Nintendo knows its fans can be cucked into buying them separately. Personally, I hope the rumour is entirely Fake News.
  • Wait... you like the Wii, but think its motion controls were awful and ruined games? I enjoyed the Wii as well but didn't have a problem with motion controls.
  • Differently coloured joy-cons are superior because they can be more easily distinguished from one another than monochrome ones. This helps with attaching and detaching them.
  • The Switch Lite is intended as a cheaper option for younger or more causal gamers (people that only play Animal Crossing for instance), similar to the Wii Family Edition and the 2DS. Not something most people need, but available to expand the Switch's consumer base.
  • The N64 had a lot of classic games (Mario 64, two excellent Zeldas, many great multiplayer games). I think its library holds up quite well.
  • Agree on the Switch Pro, it's completely unnecessary. Any graphical improvement is going to be marginal from now on and a new model comes with the risk of splitting the install base. They should just stay the course.

Edited on by Euler

Euler

Anti-Matter

Unpopular opinion.
I don't even care with any Zelda games rumor on Nintendo Switch.
I do care with not really popular games instead.

Anti-Matter

MsJubilee

Apportal wrote:

kkslider5552000 nobody gives a crap about what I think, and/or too lazy to say something so I don’t think it’s that big a problem. But I changed it anyways, happy now? Also, take a chill pill, it was just a funny saying, saying i’m going to get violently assaulted is pretty dramatic

You're on the unpopular opinion's thread. You should expect some reaction to something you're going to say regardless of who you are. So you shouldn't get so uptight when someone reacts to your opinions.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

porto

@MsJubilee I don’t care if people don’t agree, I just found it hilarious how kkslider could react that way to one of my opinions, and even go so far as to say I’d be “violently assaulted” for it. Seriously? But yeah I could’ve reacted better.

porto

Anti-Matter

@kkslider5552000
I honestly do not like with N64 machine and controller design. The controller design with trident shape and analog in the middle looks very uncomfortable to play.
In my opinion, N64 design was the worst than other Nintendo machine design.
Wii was the Best Nintendo machine design, came with White color as default bundle + White game box.

Anti-Matter

jump

@Apportal the N64 comment seems like trolling.

I disagree with the Banjo Kazooie comment, whilst they are both in mascot territory the team work between Banjo and Kazooie instantly offers a difference to Donkey Kong. If we are just talking about their games then Banjo easily tops DK64, DK64 went over the top with the collectables and having to do every area 5 times for each character.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

porto

@jump I got rid of the n64 comment lol

I’m just saying the premise, areas, level design, and characters were very similar to DK64 and therefore was unoriginal.

porto

porto

@Euler I thought people hated sunshine, but then there were some people who said it was their favorite game ever. And it seemed most people loved it so I figured It as an unpopular opinion.

I just think an All-Stars is a bad idea in general, and I think a package like that would be really messy. I just want a 64 remake and then done.

I never said I liked the Wii. It’s almost as bad as 64 and Virtual Boy. I wasn’t a fan of the games and the motion controls didn’t help. I’d rather play with a controller then whatever the Wii was.

Thanks for your opinions!

porto

kkslider5552000

Anti-Matter wrote:

I honestly do not like with N64 machine and controller design. The controller design with trident shape and analog in the middle looks very uncomfortable to play.
In my opinion, N64 design was the worst than other Nintendo machine design.
Wii was the Best Nintendo machine design, came with White color as default bundle + White game box.

That's a fair enough opinion.

Mostly because you didn't say the Virtual Boy is somehow better.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

@Apportal N64 is easily my least favorite of the major Nintendo consoles as well. Hate the controller, the third party support was particularly bad, and while it hosted some legendary games, most of them have been bettered by subsequent entries in their respective series.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

Yeah, I have fond memories of N64, and while I enjoyed games like Super Smash Bros, Cruis'n World, & Mario 64 back in the day, today I wouldn't choose to play them over more modern games (while I'd have no problem going back to play some of SNES's best titles, so it's not purely an age thing).

The one exception would be the first Paper Mario, which I'd love to play again.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sunsy

Some more of my unpopular opinions...

Despite the bad rep the games get, I actually have some positive nostalgia tied to the Sonic Boom games. Mostly from playing the Wii U game with my nephew, and just exploring around in the game in general. Still will pop in the game and play it from time to time.

Genuinely, I miss cartoon tie-in games. Just saddens me that most of them show up on mobile instead of console or PC. Use to have fun with various Disney and Nickelodeon games during the GameCube era.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter I actually think the N64 had a really nice, slick console design. I'm okay with the design of the N64 controller too. Nintendo was unsure about 3D gaming catching on, so that's why the analog stick was on the center grip. I only wish the analog stick was more comfortable.

As nostalgic as I am for the North American SNES, I'd probably say this is the weakest Nintendo console design in terms of looks. The controller's perfectly fine, but the system itself looks...I dunno, kinda cheap, especially compared to the Japanese/European SNES. Now THAT is a real beauty! The NA SNES still works better than the original NES though. Dang blinking light...I just wanna play my games.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic