Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 12,088

jump

Socar wrote:

@TingLz: But the library has nothing to do with what Nintendo wants to appeal to a mature audience now does it? Why should the library even matter if they want to try to put matured content in it.

If Nintendo wants to make Mario use some sort of gun to appeal to a matured audience, I don't see the problem with that considering how there are some Mario games that do have dark content in them.

If Mario started using a gun to appeal to the COD/GTA audience it would fall flat on it's face and rightfully so. What dark content in Mario games are you going on about?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@arronishere: Thousand year door in the Japanese version has blood spilled in a certain room and it was removed in the NA version.
The Japanese version of Super Mario World allows dolphins to be swallowed by Yoshi unlike in the NA version. I can go on here.....

Actually the original Super Mario Bros was going to use a gun but that got scrapped. Again, like I said, if Nintendo wants to see how that content ends up for the matured audience, Nintendo has every right to expose that art and see how it goes.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

I don't think Virtual Console would work as a subscription. The only ways I can see it actually working are if the list of available VC titles keeps changing, not just adding new ones but subtracting old ones making each month or week exciting as to what you can play. Legend of Zelda is available on VC this week, hurry up and play it before it gets removed, type of a thing. Or if the VC subscription is Nintendo's version of PS Plus or Xbox Live. You are paying for online services and what not but you also get access to hundreds of VC titles. It really won't work if future systems have multiple subscriptions. (one for VC and one for online services)

But I don't think it will work because people like to have collections. I like having the Donkey Kong Country Trilogy ready and waiting for me when I am ready to play it. I like opening my NES folder and having to scroll to see all my games. I like knowing that I "own" these games and they can't be taken away from me. Subscription models take a lot of that away.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AlliMeadow

@DefHalan: I agree, but if Nintendo were to have a subscription based VC on the NX without any other option for playing VC games, we'd still pay and play, right? I really don't think Nintendo would loose costumers over turning VC into a subscription service, it might actually work out the other way around seeing how almost everything is turning subscription based these days.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

LzWinky

I don't see a problem with a subscription being an option

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

GamecubeMan

I would prefer a subscription service for virtual console. Not entirely sure if that's an unpopular idea though.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

@GamecubeMan Yeah I agree with you, but it'd have to contain a large library, and games up to and including the gamecube.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Rumorlife

MrMario02 wrote:

Also, is kids shouting crap like "U HAVE TOO REPLAY ALL THE MISSIONS IN MGS5 ON EXTREME!1111111 G4YZORZ" any different from gamers who've been playing since the SNES shouting "IF U PLAY CONTRA 3 ON ANY DIFFICULTY OTHER THAN HARD, U NOT REEEEEEL GAMUR!!!!!!!!!!11111111111"

My ex was like that with trophies. We replayed everything forever until we got every trophy, and because I was better than him at a lot of stuff he'd make me get his trophies sometime omg. I played Little Big Planet 2 and Prince of Persia more than I ever thought I would. Talk about taking the fun out of playing a game.
Poo on Trophy/Achievement collectors who can't just have fun and turn it into an angry thing.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

DefHalan

@AlliMeadow: I wouldn't subscribe unless it was bundled in with other features I wanted like Online Play and Party Chat. When i wanted to play VC I would sub for a single month, play and then cancel it since I don't get to play often.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Whydoievenbother

DarthNocturnal wrote:

The audience who would want Mario to use a gun would be ANYTHING BUT mature.

Thousand Year Door did have some darker tones here and there (how many Mario games have mentioned a cataclysmic event which destroyed an entire city and then some?), but it didn't do it in some over-the-top way.

Where did the whole "guns and darkness and EDGY = mature" thing coming from? Sonic tried that and it kinda became more of a joke. And doubt Nintendo's special "bad ideas into good ideas" filter would make it any better (because it doesn't exist).

"Guns and darkness = EDGY" came from old men who love money and only money sitting in meetings all day trying to sound "cool".
Edit: That Idea came about because most of these old men think older kids and teens want something that is "adult", but instead of actually making an "adult" game, they make a game that has the looks "adult".

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

Why is turn-based RPG combat considered archaic? This isn't just about AAA publishers refusing to make new turn-based RPGs. There a lot of people saying turn based combat in RPGs is "archaic" and "stagnated". Why? It's been around as long as 2D platforming, 1-on-1 fighting, shooting, and several other types of game-play, but only turn-based RPG combat gets that accusation.

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

ThePirateCaptain

MrMario02 wrote:

Why is turn-based RPG combat considered archaic? This isn't just about AAA publishers refusing to make new turn-based RPGs. There a lot of people saying turn based combat in RPGs is "archaic" and "stagnated". Why? It's been around as long as 2D platforming, 1-on-1 fighting, shooting, and several other types of game-play, but only turn-based RPG combat gets that accusation.

Because it doesn't appeal to the majority of people now who have exceedingly short attention spans and need highly stimulative experiences. Now we're seeing a lot more active-time battle systems or even more MMO based RPG mechanics because the classic JRPG turn-based gameplay is considered too slow for some reason. I'm not really sure where developers got this in their head, because I still like turn-based battles.

It's similar to the way modern horror games feel the need to include third-person shooting, or should I say the way third-person shooters try to include survival horror elements.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Shinion

@MrMario02: well it depends on who you ask. All of those could be considered tired and 'archaic' by this point, Sony/Microsoft fans have supposedly 'outgrown' the tired 2D platforming games that were only cool when you were growing up in the 80s/90s, Square-Enix would have you believe that ATB combat is tired and boring just so they can hype up new 'innovative' combat in every new Final Fantasy game and I know that I'm not alone in thinking that 1 on 1 2D fighting games stagnated in the last gen in particular thanks in no part to the many Street Fighter and Capcom Vs releases, I sure as heck ain't getting excited for Street Fighter 5 that's for sure. And shooting games are in a unique camp where they ain't going anywhere anytime soon regardless of who the people who've become bored of them think.

There are others too that you don't mention, survival horror is no longer a viable genre if you ask Capcom and big budget puzzle games are a no-go as the recent more action heavy Tomb Raider games have 'proven'. In the end, it's mainly just rhetoric splurged out by AAA companies as part of the hype train of their latest money-making scheme. We all have as fans our likes/dislikes though and there will be very few people who think that all those genres I've mentioned are still fresh and fun but acting like it's an undeniable fact? Nah Square-Enix, spout your nonsense to someone else you've never made a better game in my eyes than Chrono Trigger and its combat in particular remains to this day a significant reason why I'll always consider it timeless.

Shinion

Whydoievenbother

@TheLastLugia Oh, Okay. I agree with a lot of what you said there except for your feelings on fighting games and this statement:

TheLastLugia wrote:

@MrMario02: Sony/Microsoft fans have supposedly 'outgrown' the tired 2D platforming games that were only cool when you were growing up in the 80s/90s,

Microsoft says that, but not Sony (at least as long as they make more LittleBigPlanet or turn "The Puppeteer" into a massive franchise).

EDIT: Also, I've never played Chrono Trigger.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

Stop whining about GameStop. They only push used games because they only get 10% of the revenue from new games. Meaning for every $60 purchase a customer makes, they get $6.

Also, if they're so evil, why do so many publishers partner with them for pre-order bonuses?

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

LzWinky

Is anyone really complaining about Gamestop lately?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LaserdiscGal

TingLz wrote:

Is anyone really complaining about Gamestop lately?

Gamestop killed my parents and stole my wife.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Whydoievenbother

@DarthNocturnal: I mean, since so many AAA publishers are so cheap, why would they support a store that primarily sells used games, which several AAA developers hate (Lookin' at you, EA and Microsoft). Microsoft, after all, wanted to prevent used games on XBOX ONE, and yet gamestop still carried Halo 5 and Halo Master Chief Collection Pre-order bonuses.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

I don't get how gambling is illegal but having microtransactions are legal.

When you think about it, kids are forced to use real money to get in app items that offer nothing but make the game progress easier or are simply there to just make the player be fooled that he is getting something by paying real money when he's not. and its an addiction kinda like gambling.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic