Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,481 to 43,500 of 96,537

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX XD That wasn't what I was getting at. I meant in other areas of the room in general, like corners, the ceiling, and so forth.

Nope, I still don't ever recall experiencing the falling situation. It may be that I have, but maybe I mentally censored it. /Shrug

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BabyYoda71

Ha, we finished the pizza conversation and went straight back to sleep. Sorry, @ThanosReXXX, but I don’t think anything will ever beat this sleep conversation. I’ve never had the falling sensation either, though.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ah, erm... so... >embarrassed< yes, erm... right. Typical case of "what's on a man's mind" then, I guess.
Me so sorry...

@BabyYoshi12 Well, I guess that means that either you and @Tyranexx started drinking WAY too soon, in which case you've forgotten all about it (just kidding, obviously), or you two are some of the rare cases who actually did have a relatively undisturbed sleep history in your younger years, in which case, you should count yourselves lucky.

As @Link-Hero will confirm, the falling sensation can actually be quite harrowing, or at the very least pretty annoying to wake up to. It sometimes had me bathing in sweat, because in my dream, I fell out of an airplane, or from a high building, or something to that extent. I've also had a dream of stepping onto an electrified plate a couple of times, and then woke up with that as my "falling" sensation. Imagine your barely awake self trying to make sense of that one...

As for the pizza conversation: trust me, it has already beaten the sleep conversation, because it has been going on and off for YEARS. You just haven't been around here for long enough to notice...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX I do have a vivid memory of literally falling out of my bed more than once, and I may have had the falling sensation and just not remember. I do plan on staying on this website for a few years longer, so maybe we should start a new argument.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Well, good to hear, and you're very welcome here. Especially since far as I can see, all of your contributions so far have been positive, and I like positivity.

But that also means you'll have to sit through the occasional pizza discussion, especially if @NintendoByNature and @HobbitGamer throw their weight in, so you better do some mental preparation, or whatever it is you do to brace yourself...

P.S.

The falling sensation does not include ACTUALLY falling out of bed. Well, unless of course the sleep paralysis set in when you were already teetering on the edge...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX Thanks! 👍 I’m fine with pizza discussions every once in a while.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 I see you can still use some lessons on in-house emoticons, though: that's not an NLife thumbs up...

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX I don’t know how make any of them with text in brackets so I just use the ones that are installed on my device.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 It's the word "thumbsup" in between colons, like so, except without the spaces:

: thumbsup :

EDIT:
You can find the codes for most of them on this website:
https://emojipedia.org/
just look up the one you want/need, and scroll down all the way on the relevant page to see the code in between colons.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX

Even if it works, I’m good with my normal emojis! 👍

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Yeah, man. No sweat, I was only kidding. Saw you working on your text formatting in the other thread, so I figured you'd might want to know regardless.

NintendoByNature

Did someone say pizza? Who summoned me from my slumber?!

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

there is a tradeing thread on nintendo life somewhere can someone tell me what its called

Ninfan

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX Yes, it’s good to know, thanks for that link, I just probably won’t use it since it’s already uploaded on my device. 😃

@NintendoByNature When I said I was okay with it, I didn’t mean I want to participate every day! Just Kidding, I’m good with it, you already know my humble opinion that nobody agrees with.

NintendoByNature

@BabyYoshi12 welcome. I wont bring it up everyday. It's more like a monthly discussion. Then again......it has been about a month 😉

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 I guess you're not on a PC or laptop then, huh? Or are you on a different version of Windows? I've heard of these built-in emoticon functions before, but I've never found them on my PC. It's an oldie, though: Windows 7.

But I don't mind the extra "work", because honestly, I absolutely hate those small emoticons. Some of them are so small, you can hardly see what they are supposed to be, or they are tilted 45 or 90 degrees for some weird reason, which makes no sense whatsoever to me.

I mean: just look at the difference between site-native and device-specific:

native:
device-specific: 😂

I almost need a detective's spy glass to clearly see the second one...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX No, I’m not on a computer. I can see that the website-native ones are much better, but there’s so many to memorize. Maybe I’ll use a bit of both. 😃

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Never on a computer, or just now? I've tried to use the mobile version several times, but it just doesn't click with me, and doing multiple replies to people in one comment, like I regularly do, is an absolute b**** on any smart device.

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX I don’t use my computer for this website and I don’t find any problems with replying to multiple people. It doesn’t look like every emoji is available though.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 On a side note: that's exactly why I gave you the link to that website, so you DON'T have to memorize any of them. They're all listed and named, so it's just copy/paste of codes, basically.

But no worries, man. Use whichever ones you're most comfortable with or find easiest to do. It's just a pet peeve from this old Mad Titan...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic