Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,461 to 43,480 of 96,605

WoomyNNYes

@BabyYoshi12 ThanosRexxx was actually the one that showed me the script for bold, italic, spoiler, strikethrough, and post pictures a couple years back

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BabyYoda71

@WoomyNNYes I knew he would have helped me if he were awake. He help me with the photos in the NL Artists Thread a few weeks ago, but I accidentally did it wrong, so thanks to @ThanosRexxx anyway!

EDIT: Wait, you didn’t teach me italic! How do you do that?

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

WoomyNNYes

Anybody think Summer in Mara will be good? It looks good. It was in a Nindie presentation. Releses June 16.

I wish we could each bet a dollar in here if we think it will be good or not. Good= score 7-10 or Not great= score 1-6. That would be fun. But its gambling ☹

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/summer-in-mara-switch/

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BabyYoda71

underlined

italic

EDIT: Yay, thanks, @WoomyNNYes, for all your help!

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Well, stress and high energy are also tied into the hormone thing, so one way or another, most of these things were largely the same in most young people, causing some chemical unbalance in the brain and/or hormonal makeup, which in turn caused restless sleep. Anyway, what EXACTLY caused it, doesn't matter much now, since it's a stage that we've long since gone past.

@NEStalgia Well, thanks for the explanation.
Here's hoping there's no easily-insulted Mid-Westerners in here...

@BabyYoshi12 "Why, @ThanosReXXX, why?"

You're VERY welcome.

As for text formatting: yeah, I was late to the party, but that's what you get with a 6 to 8 hour time difference.
I can teach you all about smileys and emoticons, though...

@Tyranexx Yup, very interesting indeed. Especially how they looked at those kinds of things, back in the day, not seeking the logical explanation, but instantly taking inspiration from their faulty belief system, and plastering angels and demons all over the place...

@NintendoByNature Well, I've only just played the first chapter, until I came across Spidey and the S.H.I.E.L.D. gang, so I haven't really experimented yet. But I like it very much. Not that strange, really, since I own all the previous games in the series, as well as the prequels, so I was always going to get it at some point.

As for Summer in Mara: looks kind of interesting, but it goes on the "maybe some day" list for now. I've bought enough game related stuff for the next few months to come (also bought a Neo Geo Mini, in case you missed that), so even if I was completely blown away by it, I'd still have to keep my wallet tightly shut for now.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX good stuff.. spidey wolverine, black panther were my go to's. I would cycle others in and out. Now I'm getting the itch to replay it, especially since it's not a relatively long campaign.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Did you also get all the DLC and/or the season pass?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature How long ago did you play it? There already have been some free updates, I've noticed. When I first booted up the game, I had to download quite a bit of data.

As for paid extras: if you get the Expansion Pass, you'll not only get the Fantastic 4/Doom content, but also two other packs, namely the X-Men: Rise of the Phoenix DLC pack and The Marvel Knights: Curse of the Vampire DLC.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX I played last August so shortly after launch. Maybe I'll grab the expansion. But before i do i want to do a strict run through of only avengers( cap, hulk, iron man and thor). I promised myself that would be my next play through. I can easily play this game another 3 or 4 times.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Ah, that's a while ago, then. Should probably mean you'll also have to download that hefty bit of extra data. Or maybe a smaller bundle: in my case it was probably the entire bucket load of updates and free DLC released so far. Maybe you've already downloaded some of that when you first played it. But if that's not the case, then you had better prepare for a 30 minute download break, at the very least, depending on the speed of your internet...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX cool, I don't think I've archived any data so maybe it's downloaded. I do at the very least want to finish bioshock before i start that. Considering I'm play xenoblade for 3-4 hours a day, the last thing i need to do is add a 3rd big game when you take bioshock into consideration

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Well, you could always just check the game's data page, and see if there's an update available for you, even if you're not going to play it yet, so it'll at least already be downloaded, whenever you do decide to play it. Certainly a better option than wanting to play it, and finding out that you're gonna have to delay your plans for at least another half hour. Had to play some other stuff to keep me busy..

Tyranexx

Ugh, busy weekend. Honestly I'm gonna miss not having a lot of things going on outside of work, grocery shopping, and normal things I need to do around my house. I did manage to fit in some XC:DE earlier.

@Heavyarms55 I can't recall all the ingredients off the top of my head, but I know artificial flavoring and dextrose are included with it.

@BruceCM Sorry, my mind is made up!

@ThanosReXXX Not only creatures sitting on your chest, but sometimes in other areas within your vision as well.

I'm fortunate that I've never experienced sleep paralysis....Well, not to my recollection anyway.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Heh, you have pineapple on your pizza if you must, @Tyranexx......

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Eh... okaaayyyy.... kind of at a loss for words there. I'm a healthy human being of the male variety,
so I don't mind the odd bit of naughty entertainment, but demons on my lap? No, sirree...
Or no ma'am, in this case.

So, never had the "falling" sensation either, then? Most people between around 10 and 17 must have experienced it at one time or another, at least. As described in my initial comment mentioning it, the feeling is literally as if you're "landing" in your bed, due to the sleep paralysis ending, which makes the muscles instantly relax, and that difference between the body first being completely rigid, and then relaxing, creates that falling sensation, because your brain tries to make sense of it, while you're actually still in the process of waking up.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic