Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 42,121 to 42,140 of 96,627

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Yep, you can image, probe, and test and find all kinds of strange things going on inside any given person, but it really comes down to whether or not the condition is having a negative affect on someone’s life, and that’s an individual’s decision. I wish her all the best.

@BruceCM - Yeah, I guess it would all depend on the scone. I’m sure that cream sits with you too if it’s the real, heavy/whole variety. I’m tempted to give it a try sometime.

@Tyranexx - Nice, the self cleaner worked. I’ve never had an oven with that function, but I’ve always been a bit dubious it would work. Good to know. Every appliance in our kitchen needs upgraded. The only music I want at my gravy Viking funeral is the agonizing screams of my enemies so that I can drift peacefully into Valhalla knowing they won’t be there.

@ThanosReXXX - That sounds incredible. Is it open world ship exploration and plundering then? Someone is definitely getting a blood eagle.

@Eel - That individual used to be around a while ago, and people used to mention it in the comments. So it’s some kind of program running through their account?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

roy130390

@Zuljaras You liked Odyssey?

Me too! I honestly have tried almost every Assassin's Creed game (I didn't try Origins though) and I always ended up abandoning them until I tried Odyssey, which I loved. It's easily one of my favourite games this generation but it gets so much hate that I don't have much opportunity to praise the game.
Also, nice pic, that version of Dracula (SOTN) is my favourite one!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee It is supposed to mix all previous possibilities of the prior games, and add to them with Viking fighting styles, such as two-handed combat, berserker-mode and what not. And yes, they've also implemented open world ship exploration and plundering. Probably an evolution of the Black Flag engine. Looks pretty damn good, if you ask me. And the premise focuses mostly on historically correct plundering, so it will mainly be England.

Could be that they'll add more countries by means of DLC, though. Vikings have also traveled to America, after all...

Here's the world premiere reveal trailer for Xbox Series X:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras I do. I thought that much was already pretty clear when we discussed the Cyclops and the origins of my user name...

And yes, I do like these games, and I own plenty of them.

EDIT:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate is a great game, by the way, so you should definitely give that a go some time.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

For those of you with animal crossing, my island's shop is currently buying turnips for 440 bells.

Here's the dodo code in case anyone wants to sell: 765K8

I'll have the gate open for a while.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Clotted cream, @bimmy-lee.... The picture wasn't very generous with that & the jam, while the scones might have been a normal size
You don't have anywhere doing cream teas over there? But definitely worth a try, at least!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I have only watched clips of it. Victorian London looks pretty nice.

So what is your favourite faction in Age of Mythologies. In the latest expansion they added the Chinese Mythology. Pretty interesting and diverse.

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Correct, but I was referring to an alternate English meaning seen through...erm...more childish eyes.

I do see your point on the naming conventions. Unfortunately, sticking to mostly Nintendo platforms for AC means that the most recent series release I've played is Black Flag. I'd love to play Rogue on Switch and would be over the moon if they offered it and the former separately. I really liked Black Flag, but I played it on the Wii U and don't feel like double dipping right now.

@bimmy-lee With the exception of the fridge I'm wanting to replace and a stove hood/top with a fan (or whatever they're called) that's ancient but functional, most of my kitchen appliances were all obtained when I moved in five years ago...or a little while afterward. I have an electric stove; the previous occupants left a gas one, but it was so crappy that you could only cook with it by manually lighting the burners. I don't trust the things and opted for an electrical variant.

Duly noted on the enemies. Send me a list; I have contacts!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Greek, obviously...
That for me is the absolute #1. But yeah, Chinese, and many other Asian myths and sagas are pretty interesting as well.

I do have to add that I like many more mythologies than that. Scandinavian is obviously also pretty cool, and even though the Romans pretty much stole most of their gods from the Greeks, the whole pantheon is still pretty interesting nonetheless. But Germanic and proto-English myths are also pretty cool. And then there's Egyptian, Middle-Eastern, and there's even some interesting myths to be found in the Netherlands, although most of it is closer to folk tales and illustrious/colorful explanations for things that we can now prove with science and common sense.

@Tyranexx More childish? I don't see your point with As...
Oh, wait....

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

Good news: Mother's primary care physician overrode the neurologist and got her booked for PT starting next week.

Odd news: Mother enjoyed my fajitas so much last night that she'd like me to make 4 batches to vacuum seal and freeze. I've never spoken to my Google Assistant so disdainfully.

Crap news: Georgia's health division seemingly is changing billing guidance for all the telehealth services again, meaning I'll have to start implementing large coding revisions in our EMR tonight and tomorrow. Again.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

Eel wrote:

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Did you have an accident?

Uh oh, spooghetios

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Did you have an accident?

...I think I broke our resident Mad Titan.

@HobbitGamer Sounds like your mom is going to get the care she needs. Second opinions are always nice to have, especially if it's from a doc that knows their patient well.

Send me a batch of those fajitas while you're at it!

IL also recently changed how some fees to other businesses will work for one of our in-house divisions, so we had to make some software changes. Nothing major thankfully. Good luck!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I cut out all soda, which means I stopped gaining weight like I had been. But I haven't lost much either. The lack of pizza helps too.

@ThanosReXXX Sorry dude, I keep seeing your replies at like the worst times when I only have a minute or two to check. I'll look at it more in detail later!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

gcunit

Web design... what's the latest? Back in the day I dabbled with producing a few basic DIY websites - just text, photos, hyperlinks really, maybe the odd embedded video. Having initially started with MS Word to make HTML pages, I moved on to a copy of Dreamweaver. Graphics done in Photoshop.

But I haven't touched html for about 10 years. Anyone got any suggestions for user-friendly software to use to make and publish some fairly simple web pages that will have decent compatibility with modern browsers? I can handle sorting a domain and hosting, but just wondering about software.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Don't you speak emojian?
Allow me to translate:
- realizes having missed @Tyranexx's point
- cringes thinking about the alternative (phonetic) meaning of the word
- feels embarrassed about all of it

And for reference's sake: we were talking about the word "Asgard", and she suggested that kids in English might attach a completely different meaning to that word, when interpreted phonetically...

@HobbitGamer Spooghetios? Say what now?

@Tyranexx Nah, I don't break that easily, I might bend, but even that seldomly. I'm way too dominant. In that respect, I'm not all that different from my avatar...

@Heavyarms55 No stress, my friend. Take your time. I just thought I'd re-post it, in case you missed it, since the original comment with the link in it was meant for you.

ThanosReXXX

So....

Just a couple more hours, and the clock will strike half a century for me. Unfortunately, though, it'll be the ultimate snooze fest, thanks to the so-called smart lock-down we have over here, so it's going to be just little old me, myself and I, instead of a big party with family and friends, which should obviously be held when reaching such an age, and which I also would like to have had, but alas...

Oh, well. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much, since I'm still healthy and well and all, but it does make me a bit sad and annoys me to some extent...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX ahh yes I have it in my calendar to wish you happy bday. But of course, i wouldn't say it until tomorrow as thats when it'll be may 2nd over here. Either way happy bday.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic