Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 40,321 to 40,340 of 96,532

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee for sure. Max and axel were the 1-2 combo to get things done. Favorite game on the genesis. 1 didn't click with me and I never got far in 3. I'm highly looking forward to 4 this year.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Yeah, forward is no fun. My kids act tired for days. Having spent most of my life not doing it, there doesn’t seem to be any benefit in doing it, at least around here. It is pretty sweet to get that hour back in the fall though. Feels like you’re really getting away with something.

@NintendoByNature @HobbitGamer - Not sure what you two are up to, but I’m probably on in about 10 minutes. Just saying.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 Ohh I see what you mean. That’s a bummer if you need to do that a whole month. The only advantage to having office hours is that you’d be able to take of grading/lesson planning at school without distraction, rather than at home. If they are just turning the teaching staff into maids for a month, then that’s also a bit strange. Well at least the Switch is a portable. I don’t know how much you are being observed though.

If the corona doesn’t make a turnaround soon and your stuck doing the same routine in April, then that would be really ridiculous. The school can only get so clean.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@NotTelevision Oh they'd notice me playing Switch real quick. lol.

Grading is mostly done - it's basically the end of the school year here anyway - our school had already finished finals so there wasn't much for us to do. And it's hard to prepare for next semester when we don't even know for sure if/when that semester will begin.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee ur 2 funy nah bruh i paid that kamiya guy hundreds 2 block me im influencer #e3

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Ack, I didn’t see this till before bed. I finished off The Office Quest and started TT Batman.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer @NintendoByNature - No problem Hobbit. I had to update as well, and tried to brush up, but it’s impossible right now. My character only jumps with the drift. It’s pure rage. I’ll have a new set of joy con tomorrow. Sorry NBN!

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee I think the cons of switching forward/backward every few months outweigh the pros. I'd rather stay on DST so that I get at least a little daylight in the winter. XD At least we get that extra hour back then.

@HobbitGamer Let me know how TT Batman goes. It's one I've been on the fence about.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I’m sorry man! I did the update, and then went to the spirit board to refresh with a couple easy fights, and I couldn’t clear a novice battle because I was stuck on endless auto jump. I’ll have a fresh set of joy con today. I know I have to work on a project tonight, but I should have evening free time the rest of the week.

@Tyranexx - My wife does four 10-12 hour days at work most weeks, and she hates spring forward because she gets a tantalizing week of a little bit of sunshine on the way to and from work right before the switch, and then she’s back to another month of missing 100% of the sunshine. Its tough after a long winter, but it evens back out eventually.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Will do! I’m enjoying it so far, maybe 20-30 minutes. I got both on a sale for less than $5 each. Obviously, I’m working on all these sale games. I also still have The Gardens Between to start.

@bimmy-lee I also don’t like the morning darkness. I get to my office around 730, and it’s still dark. Then I get home at 5 and the sun is out till almost 9. It confuses me.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - You’re an influencer now, that’s amazing, good for you! You must be so rich! Hey, could you either re tweet or block me, that would be huge for me right now. I think I’m close to experiencing happiness, and that will definitely put me over the top. Maybe you could do both? Clap clap, holla back, eggplant, shoulder shrug, diamond fingers, diamond cutter, baseball diamond, number one. You know what I mean?

@HobbitGamer - I had those same days when I lived NW. It really is disorienting. I worked in the parks, 6A to 2:30 sharp every day and worked in the dark for the first 1.5 hours, then had almost an entire day of sunlight left by the time I was off my shift.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

Now that a Direct is all but confirmed, it appears as though Zippy and BeeBo were right! That means they’ve had three correct lucky guesses in their last 150 predictions, and that’s just the past few days. On a roll! Inside sources confirmed! They’re now lords of the internet!

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Man, that's gotta be rough on her. I do understand the time zone shifts suit some people more than others; I know of some who would rather stay on Standard Time. Ultimately I'm not too terribly bothered about which time we stay on as long as we quit switching. I do appreciate the extra daylight in the evenings during the warmer months as that means I have plenty of time to mow, which allows for minor problems to be corrected before I run out of daylight.

@HobbitGamer I'm a huge Batman fan. The only reason I haven't picked those up yet (besides waiting on another discount) is purely due to backlog purposes. I do hope some of the Arkham games make the Switch too.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

Just wanted to wish everyone at Nintendo Life a Happy Mario Day!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

Dang it !
I forgot to draw Chibi Mario to celebrate MAR10 Day. 😣
The only Mario i have ever drawn last year was Boxing Mario (with six pack of course 😂)

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Same here, love the Bats. I was delighted when Hush showed up in the Arkham series. Those would be a great fit on Switch, with the drop in nature of the system.

#MudStrongs

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Ah it's okay, we all forget. Happens to the best of us.

Speaking of drawing, I've been wanting to draw Mario in the style of the Link's Awakening remake!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic