Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 40,341 to 40,360 of 96,484

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee #yolo #どうでもいい @PG_Kamiiya

Eat THAT Tolstoy!

(EDIT: LOL, forgot the @ symbol really did something....maybe he has a real account and will flag this post for a mod to ban. SOOOOO COOOOOOOLL! )

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 Happy Mar10 day!

@HobbitGamer The side missions involving Hush in Arkham City (played the Armor Edition on Wii U) were really well done IMO. I haven't played the rest of them yet; I keep meaning to track down Origins and intend to at least play Arkham Asylum in some form one day. Not sure on Arkham Knight, but I'll probably end up with it anyway lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Yeah, it’s like one last winter kick in the pants. Oh well, it catches up to normal again next month ish. I’ve seen bluebird pairs galore since last weekend, so at least the weather is officially turning. All the spring flowers are well on their way too. It’s weird with the bluebirds, it’s like they stop in my yard the first weekend they’re back, and then I really don’t see them again for the rest of the year outside of random park spotting.

@NEStalgia - That’s fleek.

@Anti-Matter - Just a friendly reminder that you should be closing in on approximately 25% completion on Calendar Project 2021 to avoid the Home Alone holiday rush.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Spring is slowly rolling in here too. Most of the trees have leaf buds already, and the normal spring flowers like tulips and daffodils are starting to poke up. Unfortunately that means the grass is becoming green lol. It's only a matter of time before the weeds catch up with a vengeance.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx That's rough. Our grass and weeds started growing 6 weeks ago. I've even had to trim back the rose bushes and tree hybrid twice.

I was able to knock down a HUGE chunk of my workload today, so I've taken tomorrow off. Might be good for some Smash this evening, finally! I've been trying more this year to enjoy more time off than just a weekend. I still have over 24 days accrued, and I get one day + hours a month

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ninfan

happy mario day everyone and happy mario day to nintendo life.

Ninfan

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer I gave my rosebushes their spring trim this past weekend since it isn't supposed to freeze anymore and the canes are green. The knockout rosebush by my front door was starting to get a bit wild. Also cleared out some wood in anticipation for mowing.

Awesome job clearing out your workload! If only our own backlog wasn't already astronomical....

ThanosReXXX

ogo79 wrote:

NintendoByNature wrote:

@ogo79 can't tell if thats supposed to be ham, bacon, or a scab😜

i eat all 3. it doesnt matter to me. im not a picky eater. or spoiled. im 40

Well, well, well. Look who finally took the time to reply to a comment from more than 20 pages back again...
I wonder if in real life, you actually ever manage to make it to a party on time, or at least before it's completely over. I'll see you're reply in another 20 pages. Don't ever change...

@bimmy-lee Well, I don't or didn't consider it as anything special. Mandatory service was just normal back then. And far as I know, in the States as well, or at least used to be, back in the 50's and 60's. Just read up on some famous people that were drafted, such as Elvis and Muhammed Ali, and there's plenty of other examples of people that were either obligated to serve or who managed to find their way out of it, but it definitely wasn't voluntary back then.

But totally agreed on it potentially being a good thing for today's youth. Especially for the radicals, the clueless and the smart phone addicts. It would definitely teach them some good lessons. I myself also needed some discipline back then, because I was wrestling with aggression issues, and as a bonus, I learned first aid and how to use a rifle and actually be good at shooting it. Sadly, I scored 1 point too low to become a first class shooter and gain an extra stripe on my shoulder, which annoyingly was because during part of this shooting range exam, I had to put the rifle against my right shoulder, because Dutch gas masks had the filter bus on the left, making it impossible to lie flat and put the rifle against your left shoulder, and still being able to aim correctly, and that made me miss one shot too many. Oh, well. At least I definitely know I can hit things from a couple of hundred meters....

On a side note: @NEStalgia an influencer? God have mercy on all our eternal souls if that would actually ever happen... Oow... perish the thought, man. Perish the thought...

@Tyranexx Yup, that's the exact reason for my own recent multiple avatar exchange cycle, testing each one to see how they look both in normal and round postage stamp-sized format...

By the way: I just LOVE DST, especially when the clock goes back one hour. Of course it's just a mental thing, but when I was younger, it felt like getting a free extra hour to stay up, and nowadays, it's also nice to see that 2 o' clock is actually 1 o' clock, so I can binge whatever I'm currently binging a little longer than normal.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX At least this time change is generally good on my stomach, not so much my sleep lol. Still, I dislike switching at all and believe much of the logic for it is antiquated. A couple of states here (Hawaii and most of Airizona IIRC) don't observe DST at all.

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Well, well, well. Look who finally took the time to reply to a comment from more than 20 pages back again...
I wonder if in real life, you actually ever manage to make it to a party on time, or at least before it's completely over. I'll see you're reply in another 20 pages. Don't ever change...

i get to parties early.
like hours before they start.
i party alone.
i get there before i get there.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

bimmy-lee wrote:

@Ogo79 - I love hot ham scab and bacon sandwiches. Bring em on. I’ll eat all day. You get the sandwiches, I’ll get the Kool Aid.

kool aid looks great with my gold teeth.
its a hood thang.
actually i took my gold teeth out.
but its still a hood thang

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Sunsy

Hope everyone had a good MAR10 day today. I was out today doing errands so I wore my Princess Peach shirt and played Mario Kart Super Circuit (yes, I still travel with a GBA). Anyone else did anything Mario related today?

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

HobbitGamer

I traded in Sword towards GameStop’s $40 Mario Party, but wound up also using my monthly $5 coupon and getting $10 on Animal Crossing. I essentially got $50 for a trade in, good day.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's cool! I played some Super Mario Maker 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe today. I wore my Club Nintendo Mario hat to class today as well. I know, I couldn't help myself, lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@HobbitGamer Good deal, I'm on the fence for Super Mario Party. I saw it on sale while on errands, but I may wait since my birthday is practically next month.

@MarioLover92 Cool choices. I can't blame you. I was planning to wear something else, but grabbed a Mario series shirt I had for the day. Though, it wasn't Club Nintendo, it was a shirt I found in the men's section on JCPenney's website a few years ago. I was surprise to find one, since I main Peach in Mario Kart, so I thought, why not.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

bimmy-lee

I got my pink/green joy cons today, and upon unboxing, I was immediately struck by the build quality compared to my original neon red/blue. It’s almost like they’re a different product. They feel tight, sturdy, and silent, and they fit the rails nice and snug in handheld with just a little flex. My originals have always been super creaky, overly loose on the rails, and generally sloppy feeling, and the left stick always made a small (but distressing) noise when moving up or clicking in. It’s really weird to see that kind of variation in a product, especially from Nintendo.

@Tyranexx - It’s really nice to see the early signs of spring, even if the winter wasn’t too bad by our standards, and the super cold weather was so long ago that it’s easy to forget. You’re are a little further along into spring than me if you have new growth on your roses and the grass and weeds are already growing. Nothing (except the flowers) is visibly growing yet, but it will be soon. I think it’s going to be a great spring for mushrooms, and a horrid summer for mosquitos around here.

@ThanosReXXX - Yeah, we had “the draft” or conscription, but it ended in the early 70s, which was during our war in Vietnam. Both of those events had very significant impacts on American culture and politics. Muhammad Ali was stripped of his boxing titles and served time in prison during the prime of his career because he was drafted and refused to serve due to religious beliefs and moral objection.

I have enough experience with long guns to know from your story about the rifle test that you’re a fellow lefty. Unless I shoot backward, or I don’t shoot Dutch?I could have used some of that discipline at that age for the same reasons, and I think I could have enjoyed some of what you did, but it would have been terrifying to turn 18, get drafted, and six weeks of boot camp later; get dropped off in a war zone in Vietnam fighting from an obvious disadvantage. It happened to my father in law. He doesn’t talk much about it, but they seem to be some pretty dark memories.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@Sunsy Yeah I played it months ago at my friend’s and enjoyed it, so the sale and money worked out for something I could get my mother into. I don’t have any other motion control games, either. I’m also considering Mario Rabbids Gold for $20, but dunno.

@bimmy-lee Pretty much my same thoughts on my Neon Yellow pair. My system neons had that weird joycon creak also. And my friend jacked the rail snap in her system greys by putting the strap on upside down. She finally sent them in and got the purple (?).

I also had a relative that was on one of the ships where the captain went nuts. It wasn’t the Arizona, but I can’t remember. Maybe Indianapolis? It was around the 50-60s. He didn’t talk much about it either.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic