Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,961 to 25,980 of 28,670

ReaderRagfish

Anti-Matter wrote:

I play games that completely Opposite with your preferences.

It should be Kiddie, Cute, Colorful, Girlie, Less Actions, Less Violence, More designing, Quirky, Unique, Funny, Catchy music, Educating, some handsome dudes, be a Good guy.

I'm pretty sure literally every person here knows your gaming preferences at this point.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

Link-Hero

@Anti-Matter
I understand that it can sometimes be hard to tell if the person joking or not, be he made a jab at you relating to your "gaming preference". That should of been your first big clue. Which by the way, you've mentioned so many times on Nintendolife that pretty much everyone knows it by now.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Octane

@ReaderRagfihs It's pretty much engraved on the inside of my skull at this point...

@ThanosReXXX Catching up to a few pages of this thread. I just came back from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse; and that's one of the best things that happened to Spider-Man film-wise. I went in with low expectations after Venom (not that it was terrible, just OK); but Spider-Verse was great!

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I know, I was just kidding, my friend.

If you didn't understand that, then that's kind of on you.

First off: if I was serious, I wouldn't have added several smileys.
And I repeatedly said guns, to over-exaggerate my point, another clue I was joking, and to top it all off,
I jokingly mentioned giant robots and explosions. No one here took that serious except you:

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Anti-Matter I don't, and I won't. I like my games with a generous amount of guns, sex, women and beautiful cars.

Oh, and massive robots and monsters. And explosions. And guns. Did I mention guns already?

Still, on a more serious note: you should realize that it is not the standard norm, for grown men to exclusively play kiddy, girly or cartoony games, let alone only games with muscly guys in them...
In some parts of the world, that would even raise serious questions about the nature of the person playing them, so in general, you will always find a reasonably large share of opposition to your opinion.

So, you'd do well to keep that in mind, and not be opposed to it so much, or at the very least just let it be. As long as you don't bombard us with your opinion on what people "should" be playing, we don't mind what kinds of games you play, and you shouldn't mind what type of games we like to play. Let all of us choose ourselves, instead of constantly hammering on how bad 16 to 18+ games are.

I honestly believe that this is also what got you into trouble with the site administrators the last time. It's okay for people to have different tastes, and if you don't like something, well... then just don't play it, and don't comment on it. Nobody likes all this negativity all the time, and nobody wants to be told what he should play, or that he or she is a "bad guy" if they don't play or like the same games as you.

It's a new year, so you've got a new chance to give being more open-minded towards other people's tastes a go. And in return, you'll see that people will do the same to you...

@Octane Yeah, I think I'm going to like that one as well. Haven't seen it yet, but I will. In general, I like Marvel's animated movies, and I'm also a bit more forgiving towards them. Well, at least: if the voice acting is good enough...

Agreed on Venom. It was decent enough, but not one of the better Marvel movies. The sequel could be good, though, if they nail the whole Venom and Carnage thing...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

GyroZeppeli wrote:

Hypothetical question: If a person was selling mulch and fertilizer for a fundraiser, would you buy it?

Honestly?....People around here probably would support the fundraiser if they have a stake in your school, but past that you'd be laughed out the door. Fertilizer is easy to come by around here. If I really needed some, I'd drive to my parents' place and shovel some out of the cattle lot.

Depending on your area, it might not be a terrible idea though.

@ThanosReXXX: So in short, a Michael Bay film.

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, Metroid: Other M

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Haha, yeah, you would think so, wouldn't you?
Although... Here's hoping that now that somebody else has taken over the helm in the Transformers Cinematic Universe, things are going to be better. Haven't seen the latest yet, but I have a feeling, from the few trailers I've seen, that it definitely has the potential to get the series in an upward spiral again.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Vinny

Looking back, 2015 was a pretty weird year for a Nintendo fan. Many games were delayed (the biggest one being BOTW, unnamed at the time), people complaining about amiibo shortages, Nintendo announcing the NX and just keeping quiet for a really long time, months and months without a Direct and rumors everywhere...

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

GyroZeppeli

@JackEatsSparrows We’re doing it every Sunday, starting yesterday. It’s about a month until we actually deliver. (Sorry for the late reply, I was at school.)
@Blitzenexx It’s a Scouts fundraiser, the closest thing my school has to fundraising is coupon books and Spirit Nights. A lot of people here have gardening services, but most of the older guys are pretty generous with donations. The only real benefit to buying stuff from us is that we deliver ourselves and it’s cheaper than Home Depot or Lowe’s.

Edited on by GyroZeppeli

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

ReaderRagfish

2015 was the year I almost bought a Wii U, because of Mario Maker.

The main reason I'd get one is to play Monster Hunter 3U online, as the 3DS version is probably my all time favorite in the series but has no online support. And I want to play it before the servers are taken down, as looking back nobody has managed to revive the servers for Monster Hunter Tri despite demand and several reverse engineering attempts.

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I can't really comment much on those TBH. I saw the first movie and enjoyed it for the most part and had every intention of going to see Revenge of the Fallen. The latter unfortunately has never happened yet, and I've put off watching all the other films until I can watch them in order.

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Well, you can, seeing as the main story line, spanning 4 movies, is now released on Bluray, and of course available digitally. In 6 to 8 months, Bumblebee will probably join that collection as well.

Don't get me wrong: I actually did see and reasonably enjoyed all of the movies, but I did have to make a mental disconnect with the "real" Transformers, because the movies are, in many ways, too far removed from it. A shame really, since it's CGI, so they could have just as easily remained faithful to the source material, or at least more faithful than they've been now, which is probably what has upset so many fans.

Marvel is much more aware of how to walk this line. The movies aren't exactly canon, or completely along the lines of the comics, but they did find the sweet spot to make it work and keep the audience satisfied, for the most part, anyway.

Oh, well... I guess we'll probably never get a 100% faithful movie of anything comics- or fantasy-related. Even the most accurate movie adaptation, The Lord of the Rings, skipped a lot of stuff that was in the books, but it's still a miracle that it ever even came to cinemas in the first place, seeing as up to that point, the book was always considered to be impossible to translate to the movie screen, by most people in the business. Kudos to Peter Jackson for pulling it off, and then some.

But then he overstepped with the Hobbit trilogy, which was too much on many levels, especially considering the far shorter story that served as its source material, so there again, we can come to the same conclusion.

Best thing to be able to enjoy movie adaptations of any of those IP's, is probably to leave your brain and/or knowledge of the source material at home, and just enjoy the ride...

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: In that case, I'll probably rent them sometime or finally subscribe to Netflix then. I had actually forgotten that Bumblebee was out. XD

I normally try to read the book(s) before going to see the movie adaptation(s), but I'm almost ashamed to admit that I've done that in reverse order with Lord of the Rings. I watched the entire trilogy and am now getting around to reading the books. Conversely, I've read The Hobbit but haven't seen those movies yet.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Morpheel

The Hobbit would've been so much better had they not tried to force it into a lengthy trilogy like they did with LotR.

You know, a story that's like five times longer.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AlohaPizzaJack

Yeah, I tend to view movies with different media beginnings in a “different way to tell X concept”. Probably explains why I liked Super Mario Bros, Street Fighter, both MK, and Assassins Creed.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ReaderRagfish

Now that the holiday season is over, time for another terrible new avatar.

Morpheel

I'm gonna stay in character for a little longer...

About another two months?

Enough time to make you all familiar with the name before I change it!

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic