Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,161 to 25,180 of 96,536

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
One more thing.
If you are looking for second handed Paper Mario The Thousand Years Door from Ebay, the price were still Insane.
Better wait for long time until there is someone sell with cheaper price.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Matthew010 not really. If you still have your Wii. All you will need is a controller, a mem card and a game. It’s more cheaper if you soft mod your Wii. Then all you’ll need is the game you want as you can use any Bluetooth controller you want including the wiimote and nunchuck

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Matthew010

@1UP_MARIO I'm not willing to mod my Wii. Personally, for me, buying all of the games would be expensive. Sunshine is £24, Mario Kart's £10, Luigi's Mansion is £16. Sure, that's three games for £50, but at the moment, I'd rather spend the money on Switch games.

Matthew010

1UP_MARIO

@Matthew010 yeah. It does get expensive when buying games for older system. I bought most of mine 15 or more years ago

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Yes, chicken IS boring without being flavored. However, it doesn't always need to be spicy (as in hot/piquant) and/or oriental (just another label for various kinds of spicy... ).

A whole spit-roasted chicken, just seasoned with pepper, salt, and a decent helping of garlic cloves stuffed underneath the crispy skin, can already be quite good. And when I just bake some fillets in a pan, I use those ingredients as well (garlic grounded/pressed in that case), and maybe some yellow curry powder (the non-spicy but very tasty kind).

And on other times, I do like my chicken to be more spicy, and I marinate it with the following recipe:
ketjap manis sauce, a bit of sambal (the amount of it depending on one's own taste/preference), finely chopped garlic, ginger (either powder or very finely chopped), olive oil, curry powder, and then let that sit in a deep, plastic foil-wrapped plate (in the fridge) for half a day (can also be left overnight, if you want the chicken to soak up the ingredients even more) and then either bake it in a pan as a whole fillet, or cut it up in strips, and stir fry it with some fresh vegetables of choice, and put it on a plate with some cooked rice to complete the dish.

You can also cut it in larger pieces, and put them on a skewer, to make sateh.

@Blitzenexx Well, that's presumptuous. Maybe some of us would just be wanting to know about that enormously successful hit recipe of yours, you know, to try it for themselves...

But, I do have to say, that it does take some balls, to label all of us like that, in one fell swoop,
so there's that...

@GyroZeppeli Mayo on chicken? What kind of culinary barbarian are you?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Matthew010 Question: do the games HAVE to be new/sealed? If not, I'd advice you to buy them from this web shop. Saves you a heck of a lot of money:
https://www.consolemad.co.uk/product-category/nintendo/gamecu...
They also have memory cards:
https://www.consolemad.co.uk/product-category/nintendo/gamecu...
And on this Amazon page, you can find plenty of GameCube controllers, for decent prices:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=gamecube+contro...

So, as you can see, it really doesn't need to become pricey at all. Just got to do a bit of searching...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Chicken satay is nice when prepped properly.

My culinary tastes lean very heavily to spices, so chilli, curries, so on so forth.

Chicken itself is just...I call it a template food. Chicken feels more like an ingredient to be smushed with something else, than something you can eat as part of a larger meal like a potato or something.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GeoChrome

@ThanosReXXX Mayo and greens are great on chicken sandwiches. If we’re talking nuggets or tenders, then ketchup all the way.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

LuigibrineTheGreat

Recently got my hands on a free copy of wii sports resort. Man, I forgot how much fun that island flyover game is!!!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Hm... don't entirely agree. Chicken can taste really great, even when only mildly seasoned with the simplest of herbs/spices, so if you feel like it HAS to be smothered in whatever, then I can't help but think that you never had a decent grilled chicken or chicken fillet if you think that.

And I think it's also pretty safe to say that literally EVERY dish/kind of meat only tastes good, when it's prepared right. (personal likes/tastes and/or aversions to certain types of foods aside)

Either way, even if you stick to that opinion, then that stir fry marinated chicken, vegetable and rice dish
I mentioned earlier, might still be something that agrees with you.

@GyroZeppeli Yeah, okay, on a sandwich, yes. Or in a salad. But not with wings, legs, whole chicken or fillet.
I was of course partially kidding, but those actually are the exceptions for me. I use all kinds of sauces/condiments with those specific types of chicken (dishes), but never just mayo.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfihs
I can tell the third party 2043 block is working fine even they have been used for long time. 🤓
The issue i heard a lot was the 1019 block, so i avoid the 1019, bought the 2043 instead.
My save data of Harvest Moon Magical Melody on 2043 block was still fine, and i knew that game was really sensitive with third party memory card.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Matthew010 You're welcome. If you have any other questions, such as concerning game recommendations, feel free to tag me.

I've browsed through the pages on that site I mentioned to you, and as a couple of quick recommendations,
I'd say that far as I'm concerned, these are certainly worth looking into:
Burnout, Wreckless: the Yakuza Missions, Sonic Mega Collection, Fight Night Round 2, Dead To Rights, 18 Wheeler – American Pro Trucker, Peter Jackson’s King Kong, Rocky, Resident Evil, the Prince of Persia Games,
the Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell games, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005.

If you like stuff like GTA, then the True Crime games are also okay. You probably know Call of Duty, and most of those are also good, provided you like the genre, in which case, the James Bond games are also good.

Personally, I also like the Lord of the Rings games (there's just one mentioned on that website, but there's actually 4 in total, from which 3 based on the movies), and if you like soccer/football, and you are a purist, then don't go for the old Fifa games, but check out International Superstar Soccer 2 instead.

Some titles well worth finding, and more or less must haves for the GameCube, are Mario Kart Double Dash,
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, 1080 Avalanche, Wave Race Blue Storm, F-Zero GX, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Eternal Darkness, any Resident Evil game (but especially Resident Evil 4), The Metroid Prime games, Luigi's Mansion, the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron games and the two Pikmin games. I could name quite a few more, and I'm sure the other members will also have some of their own favorites on the system, but I'll stop here, before it becomes an even larger text wall than it already is...

By the way: I'd go for the 16MB memory card: it's more future proof, in case you decide to buy more GameCube games. The smaller size one could suffice, but for the difference in price, better safe than sorry, no?
EDIT: Belay that order. I firmly agree with @ReaderRagfihs in that you should go for an official memory card.

Oh, and here's another couple of good sources for GameCube games (and hardware/peripherals):
https://www.retrogames.co.uk/default/off/category/Nintendo/Ga...
https://consolepassion.co.uk/products/nintendo-gamecube
https://warpzone.co.uk/collections/gamecube-games

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

Bought a MadCatz multipage memcard for my N64 in ‘97; it went corrupt and lost the whole device’s contents. Never bought third party cards since.

Also, now I want a Cajun-seasoned chicken slice with some baked kale, tomato, and mayo on a sammich.

I need to plant some kale again this year.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

(Adds less than a 1/4th of milk to a tall glass)

(Starts mixing the milk to make a cappuccino)

(Glass is now 80% froth)

This looks about right.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: What, family-friendly? I suppose that's more of a thing on the main site, but I know we can get a little ornery here on the forums....

I don't mind giving you the recipe if you're truly interested. It's not the healthiest by any means since there's some sugar involved, but humans in general seem drawn to sweet-tasting things.

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

Decided against the Wii U for now. I can just wait a few more months, as I already have some stuff that's keeping me busy.

This ironically fits my thoughts about the Switch right now....Though my longing for one grows almost daily.

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

We got a few inches of snow and it's -17 degrees. Then on Wednesday it's supposed to get up to almost 40. It's whiplash I tell ya.

Yep, similar temps here on Wednesday. That -17 makes today's high of 14 degrees seem almost like a heat wave in comparison.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfihs That’s nuts. It was 73 here yesterday, but it’s 28 now. And really windy. At least it’s been sunny, though.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

We had 1-2 inches of snow here yesterday, which in and of itself isn't bad. What made it hazardous for a little while was that the winds from the same system created white-out conditions here. No major damage in the area that I know of, but there are a lot of smaller limbs down.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic