Forums

Topic: I would like to apologize

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

NaturalGus

A couple of weeks ago I got into a "difference of opinion" situation in which I kept talking back and forth with a couple of NintendoLife fans over on their Instagram profile.

The "argument" was over whether or not Metroid Other M was underrated or overrated. I claimed, and still do claim, that it is ridiculously UNDERrated because of how much hate it has gotten and how reviewers almost convinced me not to buy it, but then when I played it, I became addicted and played it through beating it over and over and over until I have now lost count of how many times I have finished this game and am still not tired of it.

Now. With that said, I have to extend my sincerest apologies to anyone who I talked down to in the heat of the moment, I believe I said "if you don't like Other M then you're an Xbox fan and don't know about good gaming" or something like that. And I did not mean that. I personally believe that anyone who visits NintendoLife or follows them on Instagram/twitter is already a gamer that knows what's up, and I sincerely apologize for getting out of line.

Games come in all styles and forms, and it is for a reason. We are all gamers and have to respect each other's opinions. It's almost like saying "my favorite color is blue, and you're stupid because you like Red." It's a matter of taste. I have never spoken like that to anyone before, and I don't plan on doing so again any time soon. I just wanted to find the people on that instagram post and apologize to them directly, but it became very time consuming going through all the photos on NintendoLife's profile to find that one, so I figured I'd post it here and hope that whoever read my comments that day would also read the forums here, and know that I sincerely apologize and I take back any instances of me implying that they were not true gamers, or that they did not have the right to hate the game i love.

That's all.

The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

Aviator

I found it in like 30 seconds, not that hard to find.

EDIT: I'll even help you out. zwarrior006 was the one you went off at.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Ryno

Good job stepping up and accepting responsibility.

Other M is underrated

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Geonjaha

Dont sweat it man - everyone gets into heated arguments once in a while.
There are many worse out there, believe me.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

KarrotMan

Glad to see you learned something from this, hopefully those you called out are mature enough to put it behind them and vice versa.
And don't worry, I feel the same way for Urban Champion.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Kooper

I bought Other M thinking it was going to be like the Prime series and I was extremely dissapointed.

Kooper

ThePirateCaptain

It's nice of you to put this little apology up even if you're right but everyone should be able to take it in stride and realize the difference of opinions.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Hokori

Other M is underrated

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Geonjaha

HarmoKnight wrote:

Other M is underrated

Probably best not to start another of these arguments in an apology thread...

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

LordJumpMad

I also like to apologize...
Sonic 06 was not a bad game, it is underrated.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Reala

I'd like to apologize to the world for all the very silly fanboys that bought SSB over CoD on wii.

Reala

Hokori

Reala wrote:

I'd like to apologize to the world for all the very silly fanboys that bought SSB over CoD on wii.

Well of course they did SSBB is better then the COD on wii since the COD games are is SD on wii and therefore inferior to the HD versions

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

theblackdragon

Aviator wrote:

EDIT: I'll even help you out. zwarrior006 was the one you went off at.

Thank you for being so helpful, Navi.

@NaturalGus: I've never seen a 'zwarrior006' around here, i'm afraid, so you might want to take the apology directly to him on Instagram now that you know who he was. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.