DSiWare Forum

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,777

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

1,261. Posted:

Hey everyone I wanna buy another 200 point game and am looking at Tower of Deus and Airport Mania First Flight. I read both reviews but wanna hear you guys' insight. Which do you feel is more fun and which lasts longer?

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

slidecage

1,262. Posted:

never played tower of deus ... airport mania im going to guess around 5 hours

those wondering about the JUNE 16 games

seems you can see

Beach party craze on the pc (just google it)

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

AuthorMessage

Merfairy

1,263. Posted:

I'm thinking about getting 500 points (or 4.99 in the eshop I guess) for Pop island paperfield and DodoGo! Robo. Are these games any good? And is there anything you can do with the left over 100 points?

Just call the Four .......Fantastic Four!

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,264. Posted:

@Qwikman - Imo Tower of Deus isn't that good. It lacks creative level design and a few of the platforming designs, namely flying and ledge grabbing, aren't very good. Overall it feels bland and uninspired.

@Merfairy - Paperfield and DodoGo! Robo are solid choices for 200 points each. Another 200 point game you should seriously consider is Aura-Aura Climber. And sadly, due to the eShop's (and DSiWare's) pricing model, there's nothing you can do with those remaining 100 points.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

jdarrell

1,265. Posted:

Paperfield is fun to play CTF game and cheap, but it's more about getting an original game instead of something you'll play forever.

jdarrell

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

1,266. Posted:

@Birdman & slidecage- Alright thanks for the tip. Think I'll download Airport Mania then. :)

DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,267. Posted:

This inspired me to spend my last 200 points on First Flight as well even though I already have Non-Stop Flights.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

slidecage

1,268. Posted:

picked up picdum or whatever its called for 500 pts ... up to level 5 so far and sort of bored with it .. poor mans e. odyessy game... hopefully it gets better.. doesnt even keep track of your floors (meaning if you play floor 1-4 get to floor 5 and go back to floor 1... the map you made of floor 1 is gone

probally doubt it but anyone know where you can find maps of each floor... i got 1-5 done very easy.. floor 6 to 10 im missing like 1 to 2 steps in each floor

Will admit the game does grow on you... it would be nice though if you get the picture complete the picture stays complete and you dont hve to remap the floors

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

AuthorMessage

Kit

1,269. Posted:

So I've still got 800 DSi points left on my DSi and am wondering what the must-have game or app to spend it on before importing it over to my 3DS. If you had 800 DSi points to spend on any DSiWare title for use on a 3DS what would you choose? Oh, decisions decisions.

Pokémon White = 4298-2942-9694
Pokémon White 2 = 5158 1642 1213

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2500-0959

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,270. Posted:

@KitBliss - There are two options you could do. For the one you mentioned, probably the best 800 point game on DSiWare is X-Scape. On the other hand, you could always get 4 200 point games, but X-Scape is probably the better option.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

Kit

1,271. Posted:

Ah ha, thanks Birdman13. I was thinking about getting this game a while back, but I just forgot the name of the title. I will most definitely take a closer look. It should lend itself to the 3DS nicely. Cheers bud! :)

Pokémon White = 4298-2942-9694
Pokémon White 2 = 5158 1642 1213

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2500-0959

AuthorMessage

slidecage

1,272. Posted:

Still looking on nintendo home page

Seems the Dsi /3ds releases will be moved from MONDAYS to THURSDAYS... still shows the next 3 games coming on the dsi for JUNE 16

Gold fever for 500 pts (very old pc port worth 200 nothing more)
Beach party craze for 800 pts (old pc port maybe 200 to 500 never worth 800)
Mahjong fantact for 200 pts (weird looking game without instructions can find this game very hard)

major disappointed with nintendo

slidecage

AuthorMessage

rosebud

1,273. Posted:

@KitBliss: Do yourself a favor and buy X-Scape. I wholeheartedly agree with Birdman13. It is a really good game.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

1,274. Posted:

@KitBliss: I third getting X-Scape. It's my second-favorite DSiWare game, and probably has among the most content. It really defines what DSiWare is all about. :)

So I DL'd Airport Mania: First Flight, and its just awesome. Best 200-point DSiware game imo. Even beats Aura-Aura Climber.

Also DL'd PicDun, and its driving me nuts. Not bad, but the hints just drive me crazy. _

Edited on by Bassman_Q

DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

1,275. Posted:

i'm completely new to dsiware now with my 3DS and was hoping for some recommendations for anything like RPGs, Strategy, Tower Defense, or anything that you just consider can't miss. I really enjoy light-hearted titles too, and classic sprites and that sort of thing. thanks!

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,276. Posted:

@Squiggle - One of (if not the) best tower defense games on DSiWare is Starship Defense. You should not miss it. A great strategy game not to be missed is Number Battle. Those are about the only two I can recommend, as I'm not huge on those genres you mentioned and I don't recommend games I don't have, but other must-have can't-miss titles I can recommend are the following: Aura-Aura Climber, Digger Dan & Kaboom, Trajectile, X-Scape, A Kappa's Trail, Dark Void Zero and Bejeweled Twist.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

1,277. Posted:

thanks Birdman! that will definitely help with a starting place, i'll start reading about all of those now.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

1,278. Posted:

3DS players! Here's a quick rundown of good games (imo) for you DSiWare noobs, along with my personal rating out of 5. :) For more info you can check out the DSiWare reviews and discussions on NL. Not all of these will be available on the 3DS, unfortunately.

200 pts:

• AiRace Tunnel ★★★
  • Aura-Aura Climber ★★★★
  • GO Series: 10-Second Run ★★★★
  • Photo Dojo ★★★
  • Pop Island: Paperfield ★★★★
  • Rytmik Rock Edition (800 EU) ★★★★★
  • Spotto! ★★★★
  • Sudoku (EA version) ★★★★

500 pts:

• A Kappa's Trail ★★★★
  • AlphaBounce ★★★★
  • Art Style: AQUIA ★★★
  • Art Style: BASE 10 ★★★
  • Art Style: BOXLIFE ★★★★
  • Art Style: DIGIDRIVE ★★★★★
  • Art Style: PiCTOBiTS ★★★★
  • Art Style: precipice ★★★★
  • Chronos Twin ★★★
  • Dark Void Zero ★★★★
  • Fieldrunners ★★★
  • Glow Artisan ★★★★
  • Number Battle ★★★★★
  • Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon ★★★★★
  • Pop Island ★★★★
  • Starship Defense ★★★★★
  • Tetris Party Live (800 EU) ★★★★★
  • Trajectile ★★★★★

800+ pts:

• Cave Story ★★★★★ (score based on PC/WiiWare ver.)
  • Mighty Flip Champs! ★★★
  • Mighty Milky Way (don't have it, but looks awesome)
  • Plants vs. Zombies ★★★★★ (score based on PC ver.)
  • Puzzle Quest ★★★★ (score based on DS retail ver.)
  • Shantae: Risky's Revenge ★★★★
  • Rytmik ★★★★★
  • X-Scape ★★★★★

Somehow I feel like I'm missing some others I enjoyed...

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Mirrorball

1,279. Posted:

HolyMackerel, thanks for the list.
i actually looked for that Pinball Pulse game using the 3DS, but it didn't show up :(
i'll have to check again!

Mirrorball

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,280. Posted:

@Mirrorball - Actually, it may not be there at all. Pinball Pulse is one of about 20 DSiWare titles not able to be transferred to the 3DS, so consequently it may not be available for purchase.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery