DSiWare Forum

Topic: Any "serious" users of Art Academy and Flipnote Studio on here?

Showing 141 to 160 of 457

AuthorMessage

FATEM

141. Posted:

Well in Art Academy when you've finished your painting you simply select 'Exhibit in Gallery' from the start menu. Then you open the DSi Camera (Which is where your paintings got saved to) and go to options. Select 'Copy Pictures', then 'From System to SD Card' and finally 'Select Individually'. Once you've done that just select your pictures and it copies them to your SD Card.

No-one can hear Bohemian Rhapsody without singing along.
DSiWare Friend Codes:
MvsDK:MMA-524212537307 UNO!-3953-7295-2611
Suujin Taisen Number Battles-034586240750 Dragon Quest Wars-0732-4886-6231
Bomberman:Blitz-163443150466

AuthorMessage

Scarecrow

142. Posted:

OK try and try again
Untitled

Yeh! got it. Thanks @fatem.

Edited on by Scarecrow

Scarecrow

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

143. Posted:

That's awesome, scarecrow!! Great job!
(Mine didn't look as well) :p

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Leaf

144. Posted:

Well here's my attempt at drawing Gold from the original Gold and Silver versions starting with a hand drawn version first.
1. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r51/Leaf_The_Fox/DSCN0238.jpg

Next is my scetch drawn in Art Academy
2. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r51/Leaf_The_Fox/HNI_0045.jpg

Finally I painted it not bad, but I wish I hadn't changed his mouth and would have edited his hair a bit otherwise...well you rate
3. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r51/Leaf_The_Fox/HNI_0046.jpg

Bonus! In art class last week we had to draw the lion you see to the left. Thank Nintendo for Art Academy's training!! _
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r51/Leaf_The_Fox/DSCN0233.jpg

P.S. don't mind the horrible background animals I only had five minutes to draw them after working hard on the lion >_>

This week is a free week so I'm thinking of drawing my fan character Leaf as seen in my Avatar. wish me luck NL!

If you want to play wifi games with me just let me know

AuthorMessage

Scarecrow

145. Posted:

I did this prior to my previous picture and although I thought it looked good on the DSi, the larger image on a PC shows I may have overdone the white flashes of light a bit. Still I could never have attempted painting this prior to following Vince's lessons.

Untitled

Scarecrow

AuthorMessage

FATEM

146. Posted:

Can anyone tell me what the lesssons are in Second Semester? Because of how much the first lot of lessons improved my abilities I'm considering downloading it.

Edited on by FATEM

No-one can hear Bohemian Rhapsody without singing along.
DSiWare Friend Codes:
MvsDK:MMA-524212537307 UNO!-3953-7295-2611
Suujin Taisen Number Battles-034586240750 Dragon Quest Wars-0732-4886-6231
Bomberman:Blitz-163443150466

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

147. Posted:

Some weird midgets invaded my art D:
Untitled

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Victoria

148. Posted:

FATEM wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the lesssons are in Second Semester? Because of how much the first lot of lessons improved my abilities I'm considering downloading it.

The first lesson was a yellow lily; and the 'mini lesson' was painting a pink lily on your own.
Second lesson was a sketching a dog; mini lesson was a picture of a cat on your own.
Third lesson was learning about Impressionism by painting a swan; mini lesson was a picture of duck to do on your own.
Forth lesson was painting a landscape; mini lesson is another landscape to paint on your own.

Some people might not think the Second Semester is worth the money since you're not really getting a whole lot of new content, but I really enjoyed it and the series. I went out and took a bunch of pictures over the weekend to give me more inspiration of things to paint.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

149. Posted:

I just drew this last night. I was bored. :p I'm too afraid to paint it.
Untitled

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Victoria

150. Posted:

Zezhyrule - Well done on your pencil sketch. I say go ahead and paint it. If you're not happy with how it comes out, just don't hit save. It'll be good practice for you if nothing else.

Abgar - where did those little critters come from that invaded your mouse picture?

Here's my latest few drawings
Impressionism lesson of a swan http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/VATalbot/DSi/20Jan001.jpg

The swan lesson gave me inspiration to attempt an Impressionism painting on my own http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/VATalbot/DSi/21Jan.jpg

And finally the last lesson of a landscape http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/VATalbot/DSi/Landscapele...

AuthorMessage

Scarecrow

151. Posted:

Excellent paintings Victoria.

Scarecrow

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

152. Posted:

Victoria wrote:

Abgar - where did those little critters come from that invaded your mouse picture?

i bought mysims camera for some unknown reason, it all happened so fast.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

153. Posted:

playing moster hunter inspired me, so i drew one of the cuttests enemies in the game, the khezu:
Untitled
colored

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Victoria

154. Posted:

Scarecrow wrote:

Excellent paintings Victoria.

Abgar - Your monster sketch made me laugh .... don't know if he was supposed to be funny, but it made me smile.

Here's 2 more I did last night
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/VATalbot/DSi/Beachhuts.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/VATalbot/DSi/Redlighthouse.jpg

AuthorMessage

Roopa132

155. Posted:

Nice drawings victoria. I especially like the red lighthouse.
I gotta draw something again. The problem is I still have my dragon as saved image since I wanted to paint it so if I made a new drawing I wouldn't be able to temporarly save it there. But I think I'm gonna delete my dragon picture since I don't feel like painting it and the pencil version is on my deviantart already...
I have many ideas what I could draw but they're all too hard :(

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

156. Posted:

I like the lighthouse a lot, Victoria.

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

157. Posted:

I may plan to get Art Academy soon, since I'm an art student at my high school. :p

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

Victoria

158. Posted:

Thanks Roopa and Sylverstone.

Roopa - One nice thing about having both versions of Art Academy is it gives you 2 places to have saved drawings. But I still found I was keeping saved drawings on both of them that I thought I'd come back to work on and it was keeping me from starting something new. Then I just decided to heck with it. Save the one you like, and then move on to something else. It's really the only way to practice and improve your skills. If you drew it once before, you could probably draw it again without problem and plus you'll have time to practice so you might even do better the next time you try it. Also, if you save your drawings in the photo album, you can then load it up again to use as a guide for starting it over fresh. So I say start a new drawing! I'd really love to see what else you can come up with. What are the other ideas you were thinking of drawing?

AuthorMessage

Scarecrow

159. Posted:

Here is another of the exercises I did and was quite pleased with.
Untitled

Scarecrow

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

160. Posted:

Victoria wrote:

*Abgar *- Your monster sketch made me laugh .... don't know if he was supposed to be funny, but it made me smile.

hehe thanks, yes hes supposed to look funnier than the real thing (google "khezu" to see a pic) i actually like the sketch better than the colored one, i liked your lighthouse :D

@scarecrow wow that one is 200% better than the one i tried to make xD

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.