Forums

Topic: Any "serious" users of Art Academy and Flipnote Studio on here?

Posts 141 to 160 of 432

Victoria

Thanks Roopa and Sylverstone.

Roopa - One nice thing about having both versions of Art Academy is it gives you 2 places to have saved drawings. But I still found I was keeping saved drawings on both of them that I thought I'd come back to work on and it was keeping me from starting something new. Then I just decided to heck with it. Save the one you like, and then move on to something else. It's really the only way to practice and improve your skills. If you drew it once before, you could probably draw it again without problem and plus you'll have time to practice so you might even do better the next time you try it. Also, if you save your drawings in the photo album, you can then load it up again to use as a guide for starting it over fresh. So I say start a new drawing! I'd really love to see what else you can come up with. What are the other ideas you were thinking of drawing?

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

Scarecrow

Here is another of the exercises I did and was quite pleased with.
Untitled

Scarecrow

Eel

Victoria wrote:

*Abgar *- Your monster sketch made me laugh .... don't know if he was supposed to be funny, but it made me smile.

hehe thanks, yes hes supposed to look funnier than the real thing (google "khezu" to see a pic) i actually like the sketch better than the colored one, i liked your lighthouse

@scarecrow wow that one is 200% better than the one i tried to make xD

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Victoria

Yeah, great job Scarecrow. The really cool thing is how well the details show up when put up on the screen. When you think how tiny the DSi's screen is, those details you painted show up remarkably well.

Scarecrow

Here is a pencil sketch of one of my dogs. I find pencil much easier to use because finding the correct shades of colour is quite difficult. This picture didn't come out too well and I have managed to improve since I did this, which goes to show that Art Academey is a superb application.

Untitled

Scarecrow

Victoria

Awwwww... He (she) is so cute! Like a little Ewok Did you do that from a photograph, or just sketch from scratch?

Scarecrow

She (Lace) is 10 years old and I took a picture especially for this sketch. I don't think I would be very good drawing her from scratch, maybe later after some more practice. I have other pets so perhaps more to follow.

Scarecrow

Victoria

Abgar - You did a good job on that one. This time I like you coloured one better. You especially did a good job on the highlights and shadows of her tail. Is that really a 'monster' ? Is she from a game?

Eel

Victoria wrote:

Abgar - You did a good job on that one. This time I like you coloured one better. You especially did a good job on the highlights and shadows of her tail. Is that really a 'monster' ? Is she from a game?

thanks you verrrry much it is a monster in escence, but no, it isnt from any particular game, shes just a mermaid, mermaids are kind of like monsters arent they?
its funny because i started painting it backwards, you know, first the mermaid, then the background, i dont belive Leo would like to hear that.

on a side note, that dog is very cute :3

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Victoria

abgar wrote:

its funny because i started painting it backwards, you know, first the mermaid, then the background, i dont belive Leo would like to hear that.

I don't think the order you do something matters. Look at your two drawings. The pencil sketch has a totally different background from your coloured sketch. It really doesn't matter that you didn't do the background first, because as your drawing develops you might totally change your mind with how you're going to finish it. Didn't you even say that she started off as a siren, then turned into a mermaid? Your drawing grew and changed as you created it. I don't think there has to be any rule that says 'do this first, do that second'. Just let your imagination take you where it wants to go.

Percentful

I'm downloading it right now, so hopefully I will be able to make nice pictures soon!
EDIT: Untitled
Untitled
What do you think?

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Eel

Thats one nice tree! I do recomend you to do the other lessons before attempting to do a free draw, though, it worked for me

Bloop.

Percentful

Actually, I just did the cherry to figure out how to mix paints. I just finished the last lesson, and I think I'll post some more of my paintings.
Untitled
Scarecrow was right- it really DOES look different on a big screen.
Untitled
I think I'm going to try making another pear. My first turned out horrible.

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Scarecrow

@110percentful You are getting along very well there, keep up the lessons they get tough. The boat scene was very difficult.

Scarecrow

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.