Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 781 to 800 of 9,620

portealmario

Ok, good!

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

swordx

I just came up with a great idea for Dungeon Adventure. Expect PART of the final boss to be real time, and not turn based. It should be interesting...

swordx

koopatroopaX

ok then if this is a better place to put my comment in... I think that i might be having trouble with the money system in Petit farm. i had planted about 15-16 carrots in the garden, and waited for a couple weeks for them to finally grow. when this happened, and i cashed them all in. for some reason my money counter didn't stop at 99999, it completely deleted all my money, i can still get more money over time through that fruit a day section thank goodness, but i lost all of the 99999 money i spent so much time working for. is this a simple overflow of the 5 digit barrier so it deleted the information, or is it a bug that happens when you put in more money then the system can handle that it deletes it all? anyone have any ideas?

koopatroopaX

Eel

Well, literally, all the game does is:
IF MONEY>99999 THEN MONEY=99999

Carrots give 11,200 each, so shipping more than 8 at once is actually sightly wasteful, but they totally shouldn´t empty your wallet.

I'll check it myself later and see where is the possible error

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

81Rambler

Well I'm showing my hand a bit early, but I just had a query regarding line lengths and if there's anyone with an idea on how to clean up my code a bit.

To simplfy things, here's a basic display code I got together for the game I'm working on. I'm sure most of you will be able to figure out what I'm going for here, although I'll be changing a few of the graphics here and there once I get the basic engine running.

Untitled

My problem comes with the last portion of the code in line 35 used for writing the characters from the CELL$ string. While in all function it works quite fine I find the use of a dedicated GOTO to skip the first three lines of the 'Bucket' image for the top three rows of sprite groups a little less than elegant. The most obvious solution is to move the IF statement into the same line as the GPUTCHAR, unfortunatly it's at this point I hit the character-per-line limit as the GPUTCHAR is bulky enough on it's own, incorperating the mathmatics of pulling the right characters from the CELL$ string.

-
READ CELL$
FOR DRAWY=5 TO 22
IF (DRAWY-5)%3==2 AND DRAWY<=13 THEN GOTO @SKIPBRRL
FOR DRAWX=5 TO 28
GPUTCHAR DRAWX*8,DRAWY*8,"BGF0',ASC(MID$(CELL$,(DRAWX-5)%4+(DRAWY-5)%3*4,1)),6,1
NEXT
@SKIPBRRL
NEXT
-

Really this is a minor bother, I just try to be as minimalist as possible when it comes to coding and using as few varitables and loop tags as possible (see my Queens game where I use game function varitables for calculating the player's final score). I'm just curious how other people would do it.

In the meantime I'll start working with sprites for the character displays (although i may stick with ascii for some elements, like score, the bombs, etc), but any input would be appreciated

Edited on by 81Rambler

81Rambler

steriaca

Just to let eveyone know, my first two programs are up on the Petit Computer Wikia ( http://petitcomputer.wikia.com ).

Feal free to coment on them.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

portealmario

I am having alot of trouble with data statements, and it seems like I can barely make a proper game w/o them, can any of you help me?

meng 😐

neoxid500

@Morphtroid
When do I clean my cows?
And also for anyone who needs more energy, by those egg things; they up your max energy (I bought 6 )

neoxid500

GrabSomeEyes

So. I decided to work on my just started OS today.
It's nearing completion at this point... SO. Will likely be posted either late in the night tonight, or sometime in the day tomorrow.
I think my biggest challenge was trying to think of a name for it.
Anyway, features: Nothing special.

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

Eel

neoxid500 wrote:

@Morphtroid
When do I clean my cows?
And also for anyone who needs more energy, by those egg things; they up your max energy (I bought 6 )

Once a day is fine. They don't really need it, but it makes them happy.

Bloop.

GrabSomeEyes

I started "Red OS" with a hundred lines of coding today.
I ended with "Eos OS" at six-hundred eighty-eight lines of coding.
Well, I'm not sure whether I should be proud of myself or if I should regret how long I worked (I also managed to lose my stylus twice in the process).
Anyhow, the QR codes will be up on the QR code forum in just a few minutes.

portealmario

Finished my os a while ago, but due to internet problems, it isn't coming until after october 20.

meng 😐

GrabSomeEyes

portealmario wrote:

Finished my os a while ago, but due to internet problems, it isn't coming until after october 20.

Do you still have the QR codes for your most recently uploaded version? I don't think anyone could get them to work, so if you have those, perhaps you could get the post fixed so we have something for the wait.

Shadow1364

I think there is a bug on petit farm... When I went to feed my cows, I saw there was already hay in front of cow#3, so I ignored feeding it. The cow died the next day and its hay is still there, and when I tried to feed cow #2, the hay disapeared the first time I threw it on the ground, but not the second time.
By the way, my new game is in beta stage, and will finish up soon when I add some music and make it more user-friendly

Edited on by Shadow1364

FC: 1934-1622-0902

Sprite

WAA! My 3DS camrea broke and I can't scan any QR codes! They are so awesome Luckily I can use my brothers when he's around.

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

Sprite

Shadow1364 wrote:

I think there is a bug on petit farm... When I went to feed my cows, I saw there was already hay in front of cow#3, so I ignored feeding it. The cow died the next day and its hay is still there, and when I tried to feed cow #2, the hay disapeared the first time I threw it on the ground, but not the second time.
By the way, my new game is in beta stage, and will finish up soon when I add some music and make it more user-friendly

Wait... I thought you have to drop the hay ON the cows... I spent 6000 on medicine!

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

GrabSomeEyes

Sprite wrote:

WAA! My 3DS camrea broke and I can't scan any QR codes! They are so awesome Luckily I can use my brothers when he's around.

And many a tear was shed that day.

Eel

Nothing is supposed to happen to hay until a new day, did you drop the hay at midnight or something?
Sorry is just that that has never happened to me for some reason, could you explain it in a slower, more detailed fashion?

Bloop.

GrabSomeEyes

@Sprite how exactly is your camera broken? Is it broken-broken or are you just getting error messages/freezing/etc?

Edit:
Is anybody programming with Notepad++? I need help with saving the files, and the extra characters used in the program itself, more details here: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t13-notepad-programming-help#51

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic