Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 681 to 700 of 9,620

Sprite

Cool loved the demo

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

KAHN

i'm planning on programming a program based on the amc TV show of the walking dead. just a plan though. i can easily imagine myself programming it. dont expect it though, it's probably just an idea. even if i do end up creating it, dont expect anything special, just a top-down perspective like classic zelda. also, i't only going to be based on what's currently on instant netflix. second season was just added, so thank god

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

swordx

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

@swordx Can't wait!
Will this certain mythological creature be a fighting character or just a... watchful character...?

He'll be a mysterious boss. Here's a hint as to who he is: He has glowing white eyes, and his name starts with an H.

swordx

GrabSomeEyes

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i'm planning on programming a program based on the amc TV show of the walking dead. just a plan though. i can easily imagine myself programming it. dont expect it though, it's probably just an idea. even if i do end up creating it, dont expect anything special, just a top-down perspective like classic zelda.

I think classic Zelda is pretty special...

Edit: @swordx For the life of me, I can't even begin to decipher what you could be talking about.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

swordx

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i'm planning on programming a program based on the amc TV show of the walking dead. just a plan though. i can easily imagine myself programming it. dont expect it though, it's probably just an idea. even if i do end up creating it, dont expect anything special, just a top-down perspective like classic zelda.

I think classic Zelda is pretty special...

Edit: @swordx For the life of me, I can't even begin to decipher what you could be talking about.

Here's your last hint: He's been "removed" in almost every Minecraft patch. Look at the Minecraft patch notes and you'll find out who I'm talking about.

swordx

Sprite

Herobrine. I don't even PLAY minecraft I know from friends

Edited on by Sprite

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.

Discostew

Glad you all enjoyed and appreciate the work I put into my MM2 PTC project. It wasn't easy, considering the limitations that are placed on Petit Computer, and all the changes I had to make since it was first started. Funny note though. The game didn't even start with MM2 in mind. It began with developing a large background scrolling method that just happened to use MM2 tilesets, but you can see where that lead to afterwards.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

ramstrong

Sprite wrote:

I mean @ramstrong that I need to post a screen like in petite farm like the page where you have your house and crops.

Post what screen? Do you mean backgrounds? They're already there. What does this have to do with looping sprites? If it's not too much trouble, why don't you look at PetitFarm source code, and simplify it. Start simple. Maybe Morphtroid can help, because I still don't know what you're saying. Sorry.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

GrabSomeEyes

Sprite wrote:

Herobrine. I don't even PLAY minecraft I know from friends

Really? I NEVER would have guessed.

Edit: @Discostew Great job on MM2PTC. It's honestly amazing, hope you keep the project going.
Also, just in case someone hasn't realized yet, I've been sarcastic about the Minecraft character hooplah.

Edited on by GrabSomeEyes

Sprite

Is that sarcasum GrabsSomeEyes

Edited on by Sprite

GrabSomeEyes

Sprite wrote:

Is that sarcasum GrabsSomeEyes

PERHAPS.

ramstrong

81Rambler wrote:

I had a question regarding the COLSET command. Short version I want to use in-software ascii characters to draw a brick wall (using character number 3 from BGF0), but I found the available base colors (0-15) don't really suit my needs (I'm looking for a very faded red, something to blend in with an off-white background, in the range of #H330000).

That said my plan, instead of using three seperate GPAINT commands I'd just change one of the exsisting color palettes within that range to the color needed (save for using color 1 as black will be a nessesary color later). I'd like to know then what is the "color bank name" I'd need to use to change the colors used by that character set?

Also a strange phenomenon I discovered when I was experimenting with GPUTCHAR, when I would use color 2 in the palette number I would end up with something of a GPAINT effect with a dark blue color on a bulk of my background. I'm just curious if anyone could explain why that is.

I don't think you can change the colors of CONSOLE characters, unless it's 14 (Background) or 15(foreground). But you use the BG set to do it. That and SPRITE set has 16 colors, divided into 16 palettes. Therefore, if you change pallete, you'll change all 16 colors all at once, simulating GPAINT effect, but not really. It acts like changing all 16 colors with COLSET all at once.

Petit Computer Journal

Sprite

Also I tried and it is beyond me. In case you didn't notice I'm a beginner. The background that you make in SCRED is what I'm talking about. How do you get that posted

ramstrong

Sprite wrote:

Also I tried and it is beyond me. In case you didn't notice I'm a beginner. The background that you make in SCRED is what I'm talking about. How do you get that posted

No, I didn't notice. Beginners don't usually make Petit Farm their first project. Why don't you show me your code to show background, and maybe we can help you. To say "I tried and it didn't work" without any explanatory code, doesn't really show that you tried, and we can't help you.

Petit Computer Journal

Sprite

DUDE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST THE BACKROUND AND I'M NOT TRYING TO MAKE A PETIT FARM THAT WAS AN ANOLOGY TO SHOW I WANTED TO POST A BACKROUND!

steriaca

I just wrote and finished my first program. Nothing to complex. Just a simple 'bomb' program (which is, of course, a bastard love child of the number guessing game). The object is to guess a number from a rediculously small range (1-5) within 60 turns, while avoiding another special number, which explodes the bomb.

I did have help with this. What do you think my next project should be? (In case your wondering, I'll put up the qr codes as soon as next weekend. And, yes, I know, not on this forme.)

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Sprite

That sounds like a cool game that I'll spend years of my life playing

GrabSomeEyes

This isn't really worthy of an entire new post, but @swordx have you considered changing the escape output texts, so they aren't "Engrishized"? I just always found "Got escape!" or "Could not get escape!" (this is going off the top of my head, they might be entirely different) awkward.

steriaca

Sprite wrote:

That sounds like a cool game that I'll spend years of my life playing

Well, in a sence, that is the ideal. The 'story' is that I am a evil hacker which has found a way to turn your DSi/3DS into a bomb (it is your fault...you shoulden't scan wierd qr codes till you know exactly what thay do first...)

Anyways, the ideals I an pondering in my head right now.
1) A "Kaboom"-ish game where someone tosses apples at your avatar and you must catch them for your job. Miss 3 times, and it is not "Game Over" but "Your Fired!".
2) A reverse "Kaboom" tenitly titled "Ninja Dodge". Avoid all the falling shurken (repersentird by "*", "+", "-", and even "."), or die.
3) A "Death Race"-like game (for thoes who don't know, search for it over at http://www.klovg.com ). Run over "grombies" with your car, but avoid tombstones which rise up soon after.

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

swordx

GrabSomeEyes wrote:

This isn't really worthy of an entire new post, but @swordx have you considered changing the escape output texts, so they aren't "Engrishized"? I just always found "Got escape!" or "Could not get escape!" (this is going off the top of my head, they might be entirely different) awkward.

I planned on fixing those eventually. They just weren't priority.

swordx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic