Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 421 to 440 of 9,620

Whydoievenbother

HOW DOES BASIC WORK!!!!

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Sprite

Hey Morphioid what do you do with plants after they are grown?

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

koopatroopaX

3 questions. What is the easiest way to learn basic, from an instructor or a book/internet source? is there a way that you can make more space on petit computer for prgorams besides deleting programs. and do you accept requests for new content for petit farm. my suggestion was to add another section of your map to be a forest area where you can find seeds in the brush or hidden in trees, etc. and deplete your energy levels for every ten steps you take when your in the forest. also, i think i found a bug in your program. if you water, hoe or plant a seed in any area that you had hoed and watered for the very first time, it will keep getting watered until you place a seed on it. post a reply if you need clarification. i will soon post more ideas if you wish. another idea is to expand the inventory so you can buy more than one type of seed at a time.

koopatroopaX

Eel

@Sprite: You pick them up and put them on the basked in front of your house to be sold!

@koopatroopaX:
1) I'm not sure, it depends on the type of person you are... Are you good at learning with teachers or alone?
2) That actually sounds pretty good, but it will need to wait until I finish what I'm doing right now.
3) I don't really understand the bug, could you explain?

As for what I'm doing right now... It's just a toy but it looks quite charming:
Untitled
Petit Blocks!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Mk_II

koopatroopa wrote:

the easiest way to learn basic, from an instructor or a book/internet source?

if you are a smart cookie, a good book or internet source will be enough to get you started. But some help from a more experienced friend (or forum!) can be invaluable when you get stuck. And you will get stuck

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Sprite

Morphiod Please Specify I Don't Get It what do you do after putting it in the basket PS. Other game looks cool

Edited on by Sprite

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.

Eel

If you heard a "Bing!" after putting it in the basket, then it means you did it right.
All you need to do is wait a day for your vegetables to be sold and you'll get the money.

Sorry I think I simply assumed everyone had played a Harvest Moon game before.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sprite

Thanks

koopatroopaX

to be honest morphtroid, this bug could come and go. all i can tell you is that when i first started playing, i hoed out the entire section OK ? then i managed to water about 4-5 spaces can't remember. the next day, i went to plant a seed and all of my other areas that had been watered somehow watered themselves without taking out energy from my energy bar. this happens every day. also i forgot to mention that after i finished growing that turnip,( it happened with every other seed type too) that area would not be watered automatically if i hoed it again and waited a day then planted another seed or did an action in the garden. also i think it is worth noting that this does not happen in a straight row but any area that was watered at the same time. (in one day) notice that this is not a game breaker, but it does provide a way to exploit the bug and not have to water that area. please reply if it needs any more info. when i play it again i will tell if there are any changes and if i can duplicate this from the original time.

koopatroopaX

GrabSomeEyes

Hello everyone, been following the Petit Computer threads since about mid August (which isn't that long ago, but hey), and I decided instead of sitting here creepily watching you all without saying a word, I'd join in.
I don't have any good programs yet (that I've made). The best I've done is recreate the Legend of Zelda theme (sloppily, did it fairly quickly, so I'll probably end up making it sound decent in a bit). And the furthest I've dived into full programs is basically fixing up programs other people made... or completely messing them up. :I
I've gone through most of the QR codes (on either thread) and I have to say you guys do really, REALLY well with this. And Petit Farm is just incredible to say the least. Shocking honestly how well made it is. Hope to see you continue the project. New project looks fantastic from the sneak preview as well.
Anyway, I'll try not to spam the threads, just here to introduce myself rather than at one point just randomly popping in.
P.S. @Morphtroid: I saw your website. Wow. Surely you're a genius?

Eos OS: http://conlogxl.forumotion.com/t12-eos-os-v10
3DS FC: 3695-0514-5044

Icebender7

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me on something? If I was making a application where someone said "what's your name?" and then you typed in your name and it replied "so (name entered) is your name!", how to make it actually work? Complete noob lol.

Edited on by Icebender7

Icebender7

GrabSomeEyes

Icebender7 wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me on something? If I was making a application where someone said "what's your name?" and then you typed in your name and it replied "so (name entered) is your name!", how to make it actually work? Complete noob lol.

Someone actually did something quite like that in the QR code forums, I'll try to find it for you. I don't know exactly for myself, but you could probably look at their coding and learn a thing or two about what you want to do. Not trying to speak on their behalf but I think most people are okay with people learning from their programs.
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petite_computer_qr...
Look for 0LD_SK0OL_PUNK's name test, should be post #69 coincidentally...

Icebender7

Thx lots I'll look at it

Icebender7

GrabSomeEyes

No problem, the thanks shouldn't go to me though, they should go to 0LD_SK0OL_PUNK, being that it is his program...

Wheels2050

koopatroopaX wrote:

3 questions. What is the easiest way to learn basic, from an instructor or a book/internet source?

It differs from person to person, but I find that I learn programming languages best by jumping in and doing them. I figure out what I want to do (e.g. I want to make a program to multiply a couple of numbers) and go online to figure out how to do that.

I don't use tutorials much, and I learn stuff as I go along. The downside is that you may not learn the BEST way to do things (I look back at some of my old C++ code and see a lot that could have been done better) but I feel that way I learn a lot about WHY you do things - I consider that far more important.

Personally I don't see a lot of value in following tutorials, as I think that has a tendency to make people copy things without really understanding what's happening. I DO find them useful to serve as an introduction to brand new concepts (for example, I'm learning the SDL library for C++ game programming and read some tutorials to learn the general ideas involved in the library and gain an understanding of its inner workings) but I prefer to try things out and, if they don't work, sort out exactly why that's the case.

It may not suit you, but I find I've got a deeper knowledge of C++ than other people I know who have learned mainly by following examples. It also helps that I enjoy programming as a bit of a hobby, so I'll often spend spare time reading about different concepts, ideas and solutions to problems.

EDIT: I should add that I mainly use internet sites as my sources.

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

KAHN

@GrabSomeEyes and @Icebender7

i'm actually just as new to this as you are. i think the best way to explain BASIC is the way @Morphtroid put it "it's just placing the words down into logical sentences." using that phrase has helped me program, actually. snooping into other people's code has helped me in more ways than one would think, and if you want to get good, you'd better get a good instructor or go into the codes, wish can easily be done by typing LOAD"PRG:(insert program name here)" in run mode, press enter, and that should get you into the programmer's code. i still can not figure out how to manually move a sprite in a virtual environment XD but looking into @Peidorrento's invasion code, i'm a couple steps closer.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

GrabSomeEyes

@0LD_SK0OL_PUNK Yeah... I find myself at one point or another looking into most program's coding.
Just last night, being that @Icebender7 reminded me of your name test, I decided to take a try at learning what you did myself, so I also made a basic repeater based off (basically copied... but hey I wrote it all over again... and again... and again... and again... I screwed up... a lot) of your name test. As of right now I think it just plays BGM 10 in the background and asks you "What should I say?" and then it says whatever you said. Not exactly the best program, but I think what I learned from it will definitely come in handy at one point or another.
I also went ahead and edited the coding for GAME 5 (Fighting Game), so now I've got a version that is a one-hit kill mode. I changed the BGM on it to fit and I changed the title screen's text. Honestly, I learned a lot more copying your program than I did doing that. :I

JadedSapphire

Ok, here is Petit Computer's own site with tutorials, it's own forum for QR code sharing and anything Petit Computer.

conlogxl.com

3DS FC:2191-8088-7187
Yours?

KAHN

can anyone here explain to me how data works? ive seen it everywhere in code but i could never understand how it works. is it possible you could explain it in layaman's terms? if not, just explain the best you can : )

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic