3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Link's Awakening Available Now on eShop

Showing 81 to 100 of 289

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BigBluePanda

81. Posted:

Pandalicious wrote:

So you don't have to pay for anything in any of the shops? The only negative effect is being called "thief"? So I can just take that 200r shovel without any repercussions? Am I understanding this right?

Well, if you decide to re-enter the shop after you've stolen something...you'll see he's not just any ordinary shopkeeper, hah.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2733-3685
Currently playing:
Mario Open Tennis

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

82. Posted:

No Panda, nothing will happen ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

83. Posted:

Pandalicious wrote:

So you don't have to pay for anything in any of the shops? The only negative effect is being called "thief"? So I can just take that 200r shovel without any repercussions? Am I understanding this right?

How can you do that? When I try to walk out with something, the shopkeeper yells at me to pay for it and the game won't let me leave the shop with it.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Funky_Gamer

84. Posted:

I am so glad I got this game... So far I am working towards level 4.

@bboy when you walk around him, he'll look towards you. So if you have to have him looking up at the shelves, then make youru run for it.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

85. Posted:

@Funky: Thanks! I did it :3 I'm really glad I made a restore point before going back into the shop though :D It was funny when it said "You got it for free. Are you proud of yourself?" I lol'd. The game has pretty good writing for something out of the Gameboy era. Very glad I took a chance on this game! The only problem is, I started Twilight princess a couple weeks back, I have this, and next weekend I'll be getting Ocarina 3D. I'll be balancing 3 Zelda's at once o_O

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Funky_Gamer

86. Posted:

Just don't go back in... you'll die. But after that you get to keep whatever you stole, you'll just be called THEIF for the rest of the game.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

87. Posted:

I just have to say,
"20 rupees?
JOY"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

88. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

@Funky: Thanks! I did it :3 I'm really glad I made a restore point before going back into the shop though :D It was funny when it said "You got it for free. Are you proud of yourself?" I lol'd. The game has pretty good writing for something out of the Gameboy era. Very glad I took a chance on this game! The only problem is, I started Twilight princess a couple weeks back, I have this, and next weekend I'll be getting Ocarina 3D. I'll be balancing 3 Zelda's at once o_O

Funny, I'm playing TP and I plan on getting a 3DS with Link's Awakening and Ocarina :D

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

89. Posted:

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have now had to beat the same dungeon FOUR TIMES! It refuses to save! I honestly have no idea what's going on. I beat the boss of the third dungeon, got the ocarina and then saved. When I turn it back on, I'm back at the beginning of the last dungeon, with no ocarina! Any advice?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

90. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have now had to beat the same dungeon FOUR TIMES! It refuses to save! I honestly have no idea what's going on. I beat the boss of the third dungeon, got the ocarina and then saved. When I turn it back on, I'm back at the beginning of the last dungeon, with no ocarina! Any advice?

Just don't save dude. I haven't saved the game once. I just used the restore points and the fact that the game freezes where you are when you exit it. EVen if the save function is glitched, it doesn't matter because you don't need it ;)

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

91. Posted:

@Kid_A try creating restore points. I do that most of the time, and save when i die.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

92. Posted:

Xkhaoz3D wrote:

I just have to say,
"20 rupees?
JOY"

Lol! Yeah, I like that line too :3

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NFreak007

93. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have now had to beat the same dungeon FOUR TIMES! It refuses to save! I honestly have no idea what's going on. I beat the boss of the third dungeon, got the ocarina and then saved. When I turn it back on, I'm back at the beginning of the last dungeon, with no ocarina! Any advice?

Are you restoring from a previous restore point? (Or whatever they're called...) If you are, that deletes your save data and replaces it with whatever it was when you created the restore point. What I do it quit the game through the Home Menu when I'm finished. That suspends it but doesn't create a restore point. Then, when you load the game up again, choose 'Resume' from the menu on the touch screen and you should be right where you left off.

I was hiding under your porch because I love you...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yoyogamer

94. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

Xkhaoz3D wrote:

I just have to say,
"20 rupees?
JOY"

Lol! Yeah, I like that line too :3

I believe the English script was written by a former Nintendo Power Editor, which explains all those awesome lines.

Link examined the chest...
...
Wow! This is a nice chest!

This is a signature.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

95. Posted:

Sometimes when I create restore points it says "Your data has been corrupted" and then it brings me to my last in-game save, so I didn't want to rely too heavily on them.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

96. Posted:

yoyogamer wrote:

bboy2970 wrote:

Xkhaoz3D wrote:

I just have to say,
"20 rupees?
JOY"

Lol! Yeah, I like that line too :3

I believe the English script was written by a former Nintendo Power Editor, which explains all those awesome lines.

Link examined the chest...
...
Wow! This is a nice chest!

lol the chest line man im pretty sure it was unintentional but you older folks beside me may get why im finding that funny

Edited on by DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

97. Posted:

Just beat that game two weeks ago.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

98. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

Just beat that game two weeks ago.

i knew it you went into the future then back into the past :P

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Funky_Gamer

99. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Sometimes when I create restore points it says "Your data has been corrupted" and then it brings me to my last in-game save, so I didn't want to rely too heavily on them.

Thats weird. Are you sure your doing everything right, because I haven't saved once. Only restore points for me.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

100. Posted:

Kid_A wrote:

Sometimes when I create restore points it says "Your data has been corrupted" and then it brings me to my last in-game save, so I didn't want to rely too heavily on them.

I think your system might have a problem then because I used restore points A LOT and have never had this problem.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970