3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y apps really stupid idea

Showing 1 to 16 of 16

AuthorMessage
truegamer341

truegamer341

1. Posted:

hey guys im new to this site and i just got x and y so i really think that the new games really shouldn't have these poopoodoodiecacadoggiepoopy apps ive had the other pokemon games and they never had the stupid apps id rather just transfer without having to pay a damn fee a year i think nintendo is being greedy aout the games and theyre just wanting more money for the games we buy from them so tell me what u guys think of this stupid idea
Watch the profanity please — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/sonicfan223][/url]

Nintendo Network ID: sonicfan3322

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

2. Posted:

It's a cloud storage system. They couldn't possibly keep it up for as long as they say they plan to without a yearly fee.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Help Scott Pilgrim become backwards compatible for the Xbox One!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Azaris

Azaris

3. Posted:

i don't like it either. Dragon quest monsters Terry's wonder land 3d had a similar app,yet it didn't cost money.

If i were to describe my self in 1 word it'd be: playful(like a kitten) original forum name:JirachiFan
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSmwwP6Ivg7U_O7u7-d7-eQ

Nintendo Network ID: JirachiFan | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

4. Posted:

I don't like it.
Why do they need more money to pay for the servers? Pokemon sells tens of millions already, and to say that that money doesn't cover the fees is ludicrous.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics, Birthday_Boy
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
DualWielding

DualWielding

5. Posted:

my question is whether Nintendo would tie your pokemon to your 3DS like everything else or would this time they actually have an account system where you can retrieve your pokemon from any 3DS. If you could retrieve your pokemon from anywhere that'll mean several people could share a single pokemon bank account which knowing Nintendo is something they'll never allow. So probably they'll tie pokemon to your system making the app useless. And if for some reason they do have an account system for pokemon then I want an explanation from them why they can't do the same for the actual games.

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage
Sleepingmudkip

Sleepingmudkip

6. Posted:

I feel like most of you are so greedy...the fact is it takes alot of money to make the jump BW2 to Pokemon X and Y.The wii u is a lost and now with miiverse and other online things nintendo putting out like @Retro_on_theGo said its not free no matter what.

@RPG_KING dragon quest is not that big of a game compared to pokemon plus it was not made by nintendo so its Square Enix paying for server space.

Soon we will have to pay for online for everything.

Lastly @ferthepoet and @sonicfan223 this is a app meant to last for years to future pokemon games not a one time thing like in the past AND IF YOU CANT ACCEPT THAT GO AND SELL YOUR GAME im done :)

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

WiiU
3DS XL
New 3DSXL

Tumblr

Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
CM30

CM30

7. Posted:

I don't think people would dislike it so much if they just let us directly transfer Pokemon from older games to X and Y with a free app/feature like in the other games. But the fact Poke Transfer is tied to Pokebank makes people think it's a bit of a ripoff.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

8. Posted:

There is going to be a free trial when Pokemon Bank Launchs. Don't want to pay? Transfer during the free trial

Krystal (Star Fox) for Smash!!!!!
Owned Amiibo: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Bowser, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Ike, Samus, Rosalina, Fox, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Lucario, Charizard, Link, Zelda, Shiek, Toon Link, Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, Inkling Squid

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
ultraraichu

ultraraichu

9. Posted:

I find this as a better alternative compare to the other storage app/disc that came before it. Free trial then $5 a year for storage and transfer that works on this and future games compare to one time $15-$22 that only works for only certain gens.

As for just transferring, you got a free month to do it and I doubt they have that daily transfer limit like the others.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

AuthorMessage
Gold

Gold

10. Posted:

ultraraichu wrote:

I find this as a better alternative compare to the other storage app/disc that came before it. Free trial then $5 a year for storage and transfer that works on this and future games compare to one time $15-$22 that only works for only certain gens.

As for just transferring, you got a free month to do it and I doubt they have that daily transfer limit like the others.

I know there was I transfering limit to 3rd gen to 4th, but there was for 4th gen to 5th? I transferred around 20 boxes from a used Platinum cart from last year (with lots of shinies) and didn't see a limit.

3DS FC: 4296-3465-6223
Splatoon Day One

Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage
ultraraichu

ultraraichu

11. Posted:

Gold wrote:

I know there was I transfering limit to 3rd gen to 4th, but there was for 4th gen to 5th? I transferred around 20 boxes from a used Platinum cart from last year (with lots of shinies) and didn't see a limit.

Oh ya, you're right.

I decided to do less gen. transferring with my Pokemon White 1 & 2 compared to the last gen. to the point I had to look for extra Pokemon to fill up the 6 slots. But there was a time I did 12 in one day, so good point.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

12. Posted:

I like the idea $5 a year is cheap when you think about it people pay more for whole games they use for less time and with less fun than this "keep your pokémon here" app


@Gold">@Gold wrote:

ultraraichu wrote:

I find this as a better alternative compare to the other storage app/disc that came before it. Free trial then $5 a year for storage and transfer that works on this and future games compare to one time $15-$22 that only works for only certain gens.

As for just transferring, you got a free month to do it and I doubt they have that daily transfer limit like the others.

I know there was I transfering limit to 3rd gen to 4th, but there was for 4th gen to 5th? I transferred around 20 boxes from a used Platinum cart from last year (with lots of shinies) and didn't see a limit.

6 at a time but you could do it continuously(I'm already tranferring my pokemons to my cousin's white 2 so I'll be all set when I get pokémon Y)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
iwanttodie

iwanttodie

13. Posted:

sonicfan223 wrote:

poopoodoodiecacadoggiepoopy

seriously
there's an age limit to this site

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage
fushimushi

fushimushi

14. Posted:

No.. Nintendo isn't greedy. If you've actually paid attention to news and updates, there will be an annual fee for maintenance and for the paying of the server. $5 can't hurt. You waste more money on burgers at McDonalds than having to pay ONLY $5 A FREAKING YEAR for Pokemon's sake. How greedy are YOU guys? You get a 30 day trial if you download the apps on Jan 15 2014 or so. Although I don't agree with a SEPERATE APP as they could have just installed the cloud based thingy on the game itself.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
fushimushi

fushimushi

15. Posted:

NOT_Shadowing wrote:

sonicfan223 wrote:

poopoodoodiecacadoggiepoopy

seriously
there's an age limit to this site

this is gold. (if not.. Platinum XD)

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
fushimushi

fushimushi

16. Posted:

sonicfan223 wrote:

hey guys im new to this site and i just got x and y so i really think that the new games really shouldn't have these poopoodoodiecacadoggiepoopy apps ive had the other pokemon games and they never had the stupid apps id rather just transfer without having to pay a damn fee a year i think nintendo is being greedy aout the games and theyre just wanting more money for the games we buy from them so tell me what u guys think of this stupid idea
Watch the profanity please — TBD

you're now on TBD's blacklist ;) better watch yourself now. XD

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

Twitter: