Forums

Topic: Australian 3DS for $298 at Dick Smiths

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

skywake

I guess the big question is... how much are retailers paying for this and will anyone come up with a better offer?
JBHiFi are the second best price I have seen so far for $348 for the system by itself.

It'll be interesting to see what the major retailers (BigW, Target, Kmart etc) are going to charge and if anyone does a similar price to $298 closer to launch.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Fuzzy

Big W have it for $348 with a game and accessories: http://www.bigw.com.au//Offer/Nintendo3DS
I pre-ordered mine from Dick Smith earlier. Just got it out of the way now, and the free delivery is good as I don't need to try and get into a store. They say it's for the first 200 pre-orders, but I'm a bit skeptical about that. I put my order in at about lunch time, and at about 3-4pm they were saying that it was unavailable/sold out, but now it's back up. Hmmm...
So yes, as opposed to what some people try to make it out to be, it's not that bad living in Australia.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

noblo601

Wow that is really impressive! I don't know what to do... I thought I wasn't going to buy one, but this is effectively $150 off the price (including game) so it's a huge opportunity... I can't imagine seeing it this cheap for a while thereafter...

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

HolyMackerel

Now that's a bargain. It's for a limited number and there are less than 300 left so get 'em while they're hot folks!

HolyMackerel

LzWinky

Fuzzy wrote:

Big W have it for $348 with a game and accessories: http://www.bigw.com.au//Offer/Nintendo3DS
I pre-ordered mine from Dick Smith earlier. Just got it out of the way now, and the free delivery is good as I don't need to try and get into a store. They say it's for the first 200 pre-orders, but I'm a bit skeptical about that. I put my order in at about lunch time, and at about 3-4pm they were saying that it was unavailable/sold out, but now it's back up. Hmmm...
So yes, as opposed to what some people try to make it out to be, it's not that bad living in Australia.

Still cheaper here

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Fuzzy

GAME are doing some trade-in deals for DSXL's and DSi's at the moment too.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

noblo601

yeah I saw those ones Fuzzy, I just can't bring myself to trade in my ds. I love it too much!

Fuzzy

Yeah don't think I'll be getting rid of my lite any time soon.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

noblo601

Besides, places like EB are only offering $50 for the lites, what a rip!

skywake

$50 (min) for a used DS Lite (has to include charger and stylus) isn't too bad. They only fetch about $50 on ebay if you have a look and I was seriously considering it TBH.

Then I remembered the advantages of an extra DS floating around. Easy Pokemans trading between versions without having to borrow someone elses DS or finding a friend with Pokemans online and doing a WiFi trade juggle. An extra person in multiplayer Mario Kart DS sessions, an extra player always makes it more fun. For those two things I think I want to keep my DS Lite.

Besides, I kept my original Gameboy when I got my Gameboy Color and I don't regret that for a second. Why wouldn't I keep my DS Lite? it's been a good friend for 5 years! .... maybe not "friend" but you get the idea.

Edited on by skywake

skywake

hmm... having a look around on their site (the offer is still up BTW) they have an unbundled 3DS for $328 with no "limited stock" thingo. I highly expect some serious competition on prices if they keep this going upto and after launch. Once again it looks like the Australian RRP is going to mean nothing. Horray!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.