3DS Forum

Topic: 3Ds should go for no card games

Showing 121 to 130 of 130

AuthorMessage

ray62

121. Posted:

armoredghor wrote:

@118 this is assuming that all the developers go through the time to make a demo. Not everyones gonna do it.-especially not most of the 3rd party studios.
@107 Tokyo Red Gamestop and gamecrazy(now out of business) are not the only ones profitting from trade-ins; so is the consumer. We get a fraction of the cost off to play a game that's been used. We also get to cycle through games if we play frequently enough. Gamestop is taking all the profit from trade ins instead of the producers getting all their hard earned cash but gamestop is offering a service to get a lot of games for a fraction of the original price.
@nintendoftw i believe your strongest point is hardrive space. Unless we want to cycle through like many are already doing with trade-ins, we're gonna need a bigger hardrive or authorization to use heavy SD cards which get expensive when you start getting into the 32 gb range.
all that being said, I don't even like used games; I only buy them if there're no new available copies. but it is another option.

I see your point but a demo could be possible most likely

ray62

AuthorMessage

edhe

122. Posted:

edhe wrote:

WaltzElf said it'll take a few years (20 specifically) before everyone - even bumpkins in tiny villages with crap telephone lines to get a serviceable Internet connection that suits downlading games.

Nintendoftw said he/she believes digital distribution will be "good 10 - 15 years from now"

But you seem to ignore his other point about trading in games.

I agree however, that the green factor is a very important issue, which can only be solved by downloading games instead of buying them in a box, but what about our natural urge to trade something to someone (either to recoup losses or to let them experience a game without them having to pay full price (remember - we're in a global economic crisis, and people can be forgiven for being a bit frugal) by buying it themselves, and don't forget import gaming (the Australians can tell you a thing or two about the number of EU games (let alone NA and JAP games) they miss out on. Europeans miss out on a shedload of games too, but as long as the console/handheld isn't region-locked, at least we can import them.

But if digital distribution could guarantee I retained ALL my consumer rights, guaranteed I'd be receiving a comprehensive and bug free product, reduced the number of region exclusive games AND costs me less money (no packaging, shipping and distribution costs), then it won't be such a bad thing - for the consumer or the planet.

ray62 wrote:

First of all if you dont want to buy a digital game then dont,

We're talking about a situation where only digital games are available. Look at the Topic heading and the first post. You made them.

ray62 wrote:

2nd of all if your not shoure about a game and then you bought it and you can return it thats a huge advantage. but let me remind you that you can get a demo for a game your not shour off,

I hardly ever buy games on a whim and then decide I don't like them. Thanks to Nintendo life and Youtube (where I can look at the gameplay), I'm quite careful about what I buy. What I do like to do though, is sell on a game that I've completed or gotten bored with, or lend/give it to a friend or family member.

Nintendo's own WiiWare demo service was short lived , and if they branch into download only, they'll need to embrace demos more.

ray62 wrote:

and 3rd get your facts right and digital game distribution is allready on the ds its called dsiware and the may not be as big as a cartridge but its a lot of space.

What? (I don't remember saying anything to the contrary)

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

ray62

123. Posted:

i didnt mean they should fully get rid of cards they should jus make more full digital games.

ray62

AuthorMessage

Nintendoftw

124. Posted:

Nintendo already announced that 3DS games will also be available in the 3DS Shop so I don't even know why this conversation was started up, now going COMPLETELY DD is a stupid idea in any time period. I mean look at blueray, downloads and discs, works great.

Nintendoftw

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

125. Posted:

No it shouldn't.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Aviator

126. Posted:

Nintendoftw wrote:

Nintendo already announced that 3DS games will also be available in the 3DS Shop so I don't even know why this conversation was started up, now going COMPLETELY DD is a stupid idea in any time period. I mean look at blueray, downloads and discs, works great.

Source?

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

ray62

127. Posted:

Nintendoftw wrote:

it was to see everones opinion

ray62

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

128. Posted:

ray62 wrote:

i didnt mean they should fully get rid of cards they should jus make more full digital games.

Topic: 3Ds should go for no card games

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

129. Posted:

Nintendoftw wrote:

going COMPLETELY DD is a stupid idea in any time period.

Way to ignore everyone's counter-arguments and continue your highly opinionated rants.

Nintendoftw wrote:

I don't even know why this conversation was started up

100% digital releases are an interesting prospect to entertain from an industry and retail standpoint, particularly when people aren't throwing around judgmental words like "stupid". Let's bring this topic back to its original trail of intelligent discussion, please.

P.S. @ray62 Perhaps you should have titled the thread better. No card games = no card games.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

ray62

130. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Nintendoftw wrote:

going COMPLETELY DD is a stupid idea in any time period.

Way to ignore everyone's counter-arguments and continue your highly opinionated rants.

Nintendoftw wrote:

I don't even know why this conversation was started up

100% digital releases are an interesting prospect to entertain from an industry and retail standpoint, particularly when people aren't throwing around judgmental words like "stupid". Let's bring this topic back to its original trail of intelligent discussion, please.

P.S. @ray62 Perhaps you should have titled the thread better. No card games = no card games.

yeah i know but it got pretty interesting so i just kept it up. :)

ray62