Comments 8

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (27th June)

nikukyuu

Didn't have much energy to post here for the past 2 weeks (not like I played much, though...) Also, want to finish reading all the comments from those past weekends.

Anyway.. Let's go! [/Mario's voice]

Muse Dash (Steam/PC) - Back after months of hiatus. Honestly thought I'd never feel like coming back for MD anymore, but the new Touhou music pack ended up picking my interest. Might stay for a little bit more =p

Mega Man LC2 (Steam/PC) - Also back from a small hiatus! Still halfway through the bosses stages with Forte/Bass on hard (Rockman 10).

Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun - Words of Vengeance (Steam/PC) - Trying to get the 100 words per minute achievement, but I just keep falling short by 2 or 3 wpm. It's frustrating!!! BTW, not the greatest typing game out there, but it's free if anyone's interested.

Great weekend and happy gaming to everyone!

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (6th June)

nikukyuu

Weirdly, I don't feel much like gaming this weekend, so might either take a break or play something more casual.

Either way, past weekend I managed to finish MM9 (Mega Man LC2 on Steam) with Blues.

While I practiced the last boss for quite some time, finishing Wily w/ buster only ended up being easier (or less hard) than I initially thought (probably thanks to the charged shot).

It feels really good to have finished the game without any special weapons and no energy tanks!

Happy gaming & great weekend for everyone!

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (30th May)

nikukyuu

Maybe I live in another planet, but I'm (positively) surprised at how many mentions Mina got this week!

Didn't play much during this week, and also the past weekend. While I read all the responses from the previous week, I couldn't find much time and energy to make a post.

Nothing changed much for me, I'm continuing the journey through the classic Rockman series (which is currently my major focus).

Mega Man LC2 (PC/Steam) - Not much progress, just reached the Wily levels with Blues (Proto Man) in MM9 with the masochist (and questionable =p) decision of doing a buster only run, but I'm not sure I want to defeat Wily with buster only (the capsule in this one is really annoying...). After that the only thing remaining is 10 w/ Blues and Forte.

Ball x Pit (Switch/NSO trial) - Was already really curious about this one and the latest trial couldn't have come at a better time! Also, it's been months since I've last touched my Switch.

Happy gaming & great week and weekend for everyone!!

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (16th May)

nikukyuu

Continuing my journey through the classic Rockman series.

Rockman & Forte (SNES) - The only thing remaining is completing the final stages (King/Wily) with Forte/Bass. Already collected all the CDs (had to check the Wiki for a few, very well hidden ones).
Mega Man LC2 (PC/Steam) - Think I didn't even touch this one during the week. Still need to clear the remaining games with Blues (9/10) and Forte (10).

Happy gaming and a great weekend for everyone!!

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (9th May)

nikukyuu

Totally expected but still very amusing to see the amount of Star Fox mentions this week!

Probably a Rockman only weekend:
Mega Man LC2 (PC/Steam) - Continuing my classic Rockman journey. Since last weekend I finished 10 and got all gold medals from LC2. Now the only thing remaining is completing 9 and 10 with the other characters.
Currently thinking of finishing 10 on hard with Blues and Forte (Proto Man and Bass), but the difficult spike feels very very brutal (might regret this decision later)... On the other hand, finishing 9 with Blues feels more doable.
Rockman & Forte (SNES) - Currently on the playthrough with Rockman. Finished all main stages, on my way to King (Wily?) stages. Planning on completing the CD data.

BTW, I finally played and Roger last weekend! It's a very short story-driven indie title, and a brilliantly executed one. Highly recommend! It's best enjoyed without knowing what to expect, so don't read any reviews if you interested in this one!

Happy gaming to everyone! Also wish a great weekend and mother's day (my thoughts and heart if anyone can't celebrate)!

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (2nd May)

nikukyuu

It's pretty much a copy & paste of the last week.

Megaman LC2 (PC/Steam) - Continuing my journey through the Rockman series. I managed to finish 9 and get the gold medal on 8's boss rush (buster only) on Saturday last week (earlier than expected). Also finished 10 during this week.
Before moving on to 11, I want to finish 9 and 10 with the other characters and get the remaining gold medals. I think I'll also try playing Rockman & Forte (Megaman & Bass) before starting 11.
Oh... and there are also those "internal" challenges in both 9 and 10. But I haven't decided on those yet... I really don't want to finish each one 30 times, and those no-damage runs are just brutal.

and Roger (PC/Steam) - I think I may finally play this one tonight! =p

I'll leave out the pending and backlog titles for another time.

Happy gaming and a great weekend for everyone!

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (25th April)

nikukyuu

My 1st post in this section!

Mega Man Legacy 2 (PC/Steam) - will continue my journey through the classic Rockman series. Finished Legacy 1 a few weeks ago with gold on all challenges (PC version) - It was tough, but really worth it! I'm in the middle of 9 right now and also trying to get gold on the 8 Boss Rush (buster only).
and Roger (PC/Steam) - Really want to play this one! ...but only if I'm in the right mood...

Pending titles (started and plan on finishing in the near future):
Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Zelda 1 (JP ver, NES)
Battletoads(US ver, NES)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PC/Steam)
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (PC/Steam)

Happy gaming and a great weekend to everyone!