The digital showcase Indie Live Expo 2023 took place this weekend - spotlighting "300 game reveals" across multiple platforms including the Nintendo Switch.
Some of these games are already available, others are arriving soon, and the rest will be released at some point later this year. Here's the full round up (including the time stamps) of all the Switch games that were on display during this year's live-stream event. Enjoy!
Every Nintendo Switch Game showcased at Indie Live Expo 2023:
- Enjoy the Family Restaurant - July 2023 (00:15)
- Brotato - 2023 (01:00)
- Titanium Hound - Available Now (03:45)
- Give me toilet paper! - Available Now (06:45)
- Toasterball - Available Now (08:58)
- Will you Snail? - Available Now (09:28)
- Jupiter Moons: Mecha - 2023 (10:13)
- Aka - Available Now (00:09)
- Raging Bytes - June 2023 (03:28)
- CounterAttack - 2023 (03:39)
- Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 - Available Now (04:40)
- Koa and the Five Pirates of Mara - 10th August 2023 (10:28)
- Copycat - November 2023 (00:10)
- Chippy & Nappo - Available Now (00:25)
- Fight of Steel: Infinity Warrior - Available Now (06:25)
- A Gummy's Life - Available Now (02:40)
- Return - 2023 (03:40)
- Astral Ascent - 2023 (05:40)
- Yuka: From the Abyss - 2023 (06:25)
- Ninja Sneaking VS - TBD (07:26)
- A Perfect Day - Available Now (07:57)
- Ein's Sword - Available Now (08:11)
- Breakers Collection - Available Now (08:26)
- Blank Space - Available Now (09:10)
- Plank Builders - Relive Childhood Memories - 2023 (01:40)
- The Holy Gosh Darn - 2023 (04:10)
- Pixel Game Maker Series Tentacled Terrors Tyrannize Terra! - Available Now (04:55)
- Captain Soda - 2023 (05:25)
- Touhou: New World - 13th July 2023 (06:55)
- The Wreck - Available Now (09:05)
- Daikon Simulator - TBD (10:18)
- Tiny Thor - June 2023 (00:55)
- Super Adventure Hand - TBD (02:39)
- Torn Away - September 2023 (04:45)
- Soulvars - 27th June 2023 (04:55)
- Fall of Porcupine - June 2023 (05:39)
- WrestleQuest - 2023 (05:53)
- Mercenaries: Lament Requiem of the Silver Wolf - Available Now (07:38)
- Graze Counter GM - Available Now (08:37)
- Frank and Drake - 2023 (08:52)
- Evil Wizard - 25th May 2023 (09:53)
- 100animalease - Available Now (00:40)
- Sanya - 2023 (01:25)
- Keribato! - July 2023 (03:11)
- Yasha: Legends of the Demon Blade - 2023 (03:56)
- Klaus Lee: Thunderballs - 2023 (06:56)
- Strayed Lights - Available Now (09:28)
- My Child Lebensborn Remastered - 2023 (10:26)
And if you've got time to spare, you can watch the full event with English commentary. There was also an aftershow held earlier today - showcasing some of the games.
Did you spot any games that might interest you? Leave a comment below.
Are these waves themed in any way? Where do I start if I just want to spend a few minutes? This has to be the most ill advised way to introduce indie games I can imagine.
The first wave is full of really interesting games. But I almost bounced off the video from the whiplash between the first second and third games.
They just need a way to organize that doesn’t require extended viewing of titles you are not likely to care about…
But I have softened a bit already while watching just how good many of these look. Is wave one the best looking ones to generate interest?
(Start at 10:45 to see screenshots of them all more quickly)
Grimdark lighthearted deeply emotional deckbuilding steampunk monster catching farm simulator with rogue- and souls-like elements and a pettable dog.
I have created a thread about Koa and the Five Pirates of Mara.
Be sure to check it out.
There were too many games to watch.
I have to scroll quickly to see interesting image while I scroll up.
I saw Coral Island !!! 😃
A Harvest Moon style indie game made by Indonesian developer. 🇮🇩
Another indie game from my country. 😄
The quantity of indies still produced for the Switch is staggering. But there's never enough time to play all those games (and stuff like Zelda). I'd rather see a list of 5 quality highlight titles from events like these.
Will you Snail? is worth a look for the hardcore platforming inclined.
@SpeedRunRocks With metroid-vania elements!
If you consume too many day glo rogue likes and retro platformers you get Indiegestion.
@SpeedRunRocks I was sold at "pettable dog."
Wrestlequest is day one for me but what they just showed was pointless. You can’t get anything for a vid like this
@SpeedRunRocks With pixel art and inspired by Undertale and Earthbound.
I feel like I should have been taking notes. Lots of interesting games, but I don't think I could name any of them.
With AAA games becoming unfairly priced IP factories, and live service games dying on the vine, I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to being an indie only video game buyer.
And with variety like this, I'd be just fine ❤️
Is it just me or is a pretty big portion of these games severely undercooked? They kinda look like someone just got a C on their Uni assignment and then decided that they might as well put it on the eshop. Not insulting any developer, it's just there doesn't seem to be enough quality control these days
The only games worth caring about as all innovation in big games is dead and it's generally become nothing but a greed machine endlessly printing re-re-remakes and sequels.
Give me toilet paper! looks like a game that was aptly titled.
Ugh... nothing on switch... maybe Evil Wizard at like 90% off...
@SpeedRunRocks Just let me read a bunch while staring at waifus or shoot a bunch of things in the face! (I preference visual novels and FPS'S.. RPG'S too!) 😅
@SteamEngenius That's why I prefer Japanese visual novels, boomer shooters and some RPG'S 😅
Agent 64: Spies Never Die is one I'm really looking forward to. The demo was enjoyable.
Did they fix Aka yet?
I skimmed through all the videos, and the game that interests me most is Agent 64... it seems like a perfect fit for Nintendo Switch, but it's only announced for Steam right now. Maybe we'll get a port down the road!
Uhm... anyone up for sharing the highlight games that stand out?
From the comments above it seems the following have piqued someone's interest:
Will you snail (platformer)
(Koa and the five pirates? Guess mentioned making a thread about it since good?)
Wtf!? Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 is an indie!?
Blergh that AI voiceover.
A handful of nice looking games in there though. 'Chippy and Nappo' looks like a cross between 'Good Job!' and 'Picross 3D Round 2', so I'm very interested in that one.
And you should all check out 'Good Job!', especially as a co-op game is very fun and massively overlooked.
I love indies games but this is way way too many to sort through.
@Ogbert I couldn't tell if it as AI or someone who sucks at pronunciation. I have to say, with good job, I have a problem with the game that I don't really hear people mention. You lose points for creating chaos, but doing tasks without causing any problems isn't very fun, so the system sort of rewards you for not having fun.
@Poodlestargenerica points don’t do anything though, you don’t need them to progress you just have to complete the tasks. And I seem to remember they’re played off more as damage costs? We had a lot of fun causing chaos deliberately, then going back and seeing in we could do the levels neatly, which is actually really hard.
@Ogbert It's a good game for sure, that just always stood out to me, and I can see where that would be a good way to play. I think I'll play some this weekend.
@molkom There are a lot and people have different opinions, so you could hate my suggestions. Someone might even be excited for the sudoko game. Not too many switch games were announced, not sure if you want non switch. "A Gummy's Life" appeals to me, it sort of looks like a better Gang Beasts, and is on switch. "Bopl battle" looks cool and will almost certainly hit switch at some point. "The Ramsey" and "TimeK" are both steam and look like promising platformers. "Dinosaurs Dominion" is a Soulslike dinosaur simulator also coming to steam. "Boti: byteland overclocked" is coming to steam. Those are a few that caught my eye.
Tap here to load 32 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...