Whatever your thoughts on No Man's Sky's journey so far, you have to respect the amount of effort that Hello Games puts into ever improving the game with constant updates. One such patch has now been announced and this one is all about getting rid of some pesky bugs that cropped up in the recent 'Fractal' update.
The ver. 4.15 update is now live on Steam and will be heading to all other consoles soon, according to Hello Games. While some of the issues tackled this time around are unique to consoles other than the Switch (because they exist, apparently), there are plenty of fixes that will be coming Nintendo's way.
Here are the full patch notes, as published on the official No Man's Sky website:
No Man's Sky ver. 4.15 (16th March 2023)
- Fixed an issue that caused some flat-mode settings to be incorrectly applied to PSVR2, causing performance issues.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent rumble from working correctly on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue that caused water reflections to be missing on some graphics settings.
- Fixed an issue that could cause blurriness and other visual glitches during warp.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent players from accessing their refiners.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Unhide System” button from working in the Hidden Systems list.
- Fixed a rare issue that could incorrectly allow players to access the Space Anomaly from the quick menu after a reload.
- Fixed a number of base building control issues for PSVR with Move controllers.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Space Anomaly missions to become stuck in the log after completing an expedition.
- Fixed a crash related to networking.
- Fixed a crash related to the options menu.
- Fixed a crash related to rendering.
- Fixed a Steam Deck-specific crash.
All of the latest fixes will be blasting onto the Switch soon.
Is there anything that you are happy to see this time around? Let us know in the comments below.
Arguably still the best space themed game on Switch.
Wish more games were being cared for with patches post launch as well as this game is. Props to the developers!
PSVR2 FOR SWITCH!?
@HotGoomba hahahaha, the patch notes are for all versions on all consoles, but it would be awesome for the Switch to have VR!
Wow! Great that a bunch of Playstation fixes are coming to the Switch!😆
@Trousersnake "Trousersnake" w a PSVR2 promotional image as their avatar has thoughts....
@Magician I'll take Outer Worlds.
@antisumo The Switch is actually the best console for VR because you don't need to buy any extra hardware, assuming you already have a roll of tape that is.
@LikelySatan it's been in my wishlist for so long and I keep passing up on it each time it goes on sale, maybe next time...
@antisumo I loved it. The best stuff is definitely frontloaded, but it's still a great RPG. It's a much more focused game than New Vegas, but the characters and writing are still great.
...I just wish they'd put NV on Switch.
@LikelySatan next time it's on sale I might take the plunge, been watching some gameplay today and it does look good. Do you just stay on the same planet or can you fly around like NMS?
@antisumo You visit other planets for missions etc, but it isn't a seamless thing. No flight. It's Fallout but space. It lacks the isolated feeling of Fallout, which I think could be remedied with flight/space exploration. I'd rather have a few hand-crafted planets than ones plopped out by an algorithm for an rpg.
how is this on switch today, performance-wise?
I can not believe this game is on Nintendo Switch so but it is possible.
@Hunter-D it does suffer from some performance issues but it doesn't stop the game from being amazing and it's impressive that it even runs on the Switch. Loading times can be long going between galaxies and there's pop up when walking around. But it's still a fantastic achievement that I would highly recommend
@antisumo cheers, appreciate it!
So, it's a patch. And not an update.
@Magician Now if only EA could give us both the Mass Effect and Dead Space trilogies on Switch!
@LikelySatan Reminds me that I need to do another run in The Outer Worlds to play that Murder DLC I bought last year, lol
@JustMonika I like it a lot. It's not quite Old World Blues, but it comes close sometimes.
Tap here to load 20 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...