Monolith Soft's Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has received its first update since the game launched back in July! Nintendo released the patch notes earlier today on its Japanese site (thanks Perfectly Nintendo for translating!), and it seems that version 1.1.1 fixes several bugs throughout the game.
Many of the fixes in this patch are related to enemy encounters that wouldn't end due to a bug or altering drop rates of items needed for Collectopaedia Cards, along with the usual "various other fixes", so we hope these iron out some of this sprawling RPG's minor kinks!
Here are the full patch notes from Nintendo:
Ver. 1.1.1 - 7th September 2022
- Changed the behaviour of Perilwing Ryuho so that it cannot be defeated if it’s located in an area that cannot be reached during intended story progression.
- Fixed an issue where the first battle in Teach’s Ascension Quest, “Shadow of Enmity”, would not end.
- Fixed an issue in the quest “The Illusion Returns” where the battle against the Mysterious Raiders would not end.
- Fixed an issue where the Gogol Vuaga and Gogol Dalm items, required for some Collectopaedia Cards, could not be obtained.
- Fixed an issue where the effects of dishes other than the Baked Spongy Spud and Kerfluffled Torpedo Wrap would not be applied correctly.
- Fixed an issue causing the Talent Art button not to appear and preventing players from pressing it in certain circumstances. If you have already encountered this issue, you can fix it by loading the save data after updating the game.
- Fixed an issue where the word “Verkaufen” in the Shop menu would overlap with the text right next to it when the language was set to German.
- Various other issues have been fixed in order to improve the gameplay experience.
In other Xenoblade news, just yesterday, actor Harry McEntire — who provides the English voice for main character Noah — thanked fans for their love and support since the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
Have you encountered any of these issues? How are you enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles 3? Got something for us? Let