We love a good couch co-op game here at Nintendo Life, and Moving Out is one of our favourites. So we're delighted that SMG Studio is developing a sequel to this delightful little game.
Moving Out 2 was announced during Opening Night Live 2022 at Gamescom, and you'll be able to play both online and locally on your own, with a friend, or with a handful of friends! The core gameplay looks to be pretty similar to the first game, but why fix something that isn't broken?
The game is no longer taking place in Packmore, and you'll be able to visit new worlds — yes, worlds — to flex your packing and moving skills. But your favourite characters from the first game are still around, so don't worry too much!
Here's everything publisher Team17 has shared about the game:
Moving Out 2 will see the introduction of online co-operative, cross-play enabled gameplay to the series, allowing F.A.R.Ts around the world to team up and creatively move furniture from point A to point B and beyond! Announced during Gamescom’s Opening Night Live, Moving Out 2 will again feature a cast of bizarre unlockable characters as they traverse different dimensions in the pursuit of seamless and (sometimes) breakage-free home removals, across more than 50 new levels and challenges.
Moving Out 2 Key Features
- Co-op Continued: Players can either take on Moving Out 2 solo, or with friends (or enemies) in both couch and cross-play enabled online co-op.
- Location, location, location: 50+ new levels offer up interesting and hazardous challenges for the F.A.R.Ts to pit their moving prowess against.
- Physics: Gravity is both a cruel mistress and a F.A.R.T’s best friend; use it to get items to where they need to go faster... but maybe not in one piece.
- Crazy characters: Featuring a whole new host of smooth movers, Moving Out 2 showcases entirely new characters that will both enchant and horrify.
- Assist mode: Movers of all abilities are welcome in Packmore; with Assist Mode, the possibilities (and fun) are endless, and inclusive!
Let us know how excited you are for Moving Out 2 in the comments!