Despite never receiving an official announcement, Tactics Ogre: Reborn has undergone various information leaks since rumours began to circulate back in April. A further leak today from the Playstation Price comparison site, PS Deals, seems to confirm the game's release date as well as showing some new screenshots, which you can find below.
Flagged by Gematsu, the leak reveals that Tactics Ogre: Reborn will release on 11th November. The PS Deals page also contains the following description of the game:
Tactics Ogre, crown jewel of the tactical role-playing genre, is reborn!
Based on the 2010 release, the game features improved graphics and sound, as well as updated game design, bringing to life a new Tactics Ogre that remains true to its roots.
- A tactical role-playing game depicting the struggle for control of the Valerian Isles.
- Your choices affect how the story unfolds, and even how it ends, with a game system that allows for multiple paths through the game and multiple endings. The story takes place through the eyes of a young man named Denam. The decisions he makes will alter the fate of those around him, and shift the course of Valeria's history.
- Fight pitched tactical battles on three-dimensional battlefields. The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.
- The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic.
- Enjoy numerous playability improvements, such as a quicker pace of battle, auto save, and a complete overhaul to the controls and UI to make it easier to get into the game than ever.
- The unparalleled details of the characters and backgrounds from the original Tactics Ogre (1995) have been painstakingly recreated in high definition.
-The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story.
- When you advance far enough in the game you'll unlock the World Tarot, enabling you to travel back in the story with the power of your forces intact; an incredibly useful feature in a game where your choices have such a huge impact on how the story unfolds. If you wonder what a different choice would have led to, now you can find out!
- Traveling back isn't limited to the story; the Chariot Tarot lets you rewind up to a certain number of moves during battle. In a game of tactical battles where a single mistake can mean the difference between victory and defeat, you can play without worrying that you'll back yourself into a corner.
- Enjoy a wealth of endgame content such as the 100-level Palace of the Dead.
Although the information leaked so far has been related only to the game's Playstation release, we remain hopeful for an accompanying Switch launch. Gematsu makes clear that the leak comes from a PS-focussed site, meaning that other consoles may yet be made available as and when Square Enix chooses to make an official announcement.
With such extensive leaks occurring over the last few months, we increasingly feel like the need for an official announcement is rapidly dwindling. However, unless another leak confirms it sooner, only with word from the publisher itself can we be sure of the game's release on Switch.
Looking at the leaked screenshots and description, we are keeping everything crossed for a Nintendo-focussed announcement soon.
Do you remain hopeful for a Tactics Ogre Switch release or has too much been revealed already? Let us know in the comments below!