WayForward's half-genie hero Shantae is currently celebrating her 20th anniversary. Yes, she's been around for two decades!
This character was originally created by Erin and Matt Bozon in 2002 - starting out life on the Game Boy Color. While her first outing wasn't the most financially successful one due to the popularity of the GBA at the time, she was able to bounce back in 2010 in Shantae's Risky Revenge.
To celebrate 20 years WayForward has shared the following message:
"Twenty years ago today, the original Shantae game was released on Game Boy Color, and a fan-favorite franchise was born! Thanks so much for supporting #20YearsOfShantae, and we can't wait to see where she goes in the next 20 years!"
As part of these celebrations, there's also a Switch eShop sale currently taking place. Everything Shantae is up to 50% off. Here's the rundown (via Nintendo Everything):
– Shantae – $4.99 / £5.24
– Shantae: Costume Pack (DLC) – $3.99
– Shantae: Friends to the End (DLC) – $3.99
– Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – $13.90 / £7.99
– Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition – $14.99 / £10.94
– Shantae: Pirate’s Queen Quest (DLC) – $4.99
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut – $4.99 / £3.79
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – $9.99 / £7.29
– Shantae and the Seven Sirens – $17.99 / £15.11
Remember, you can save even more money on your eShop purchases at the moment by picking up discounted $50 eShop credit vouchers from our store. Simply enter code NLIFE10 at checkout to get 10% off the voucher below:
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.
Any fond memories of Shantae? Will you be picking up any games while they're on sale? Tell us below.