Fantastic news for fans of books that make you write your own story: Steve Jackson's Sorcery!, AKA Inkle's adaptation of Steve Jackson's Sorcery!, AKA No Gravity Games' console port of Inkle' adaptation of Steve Jackson's Sorcery!, has a release date on Nintendo Switch.
Initially released for mobile devices, Sorcery! is a four-part adventure game in which your every decision has ramifications that you may not even discover for hours. From the game's beginning in The Shamutanti Hills to the convoluted timeloopiness of the final chapter, The Crown of Kings, there are tons of choices to make, regret, and re-do.
The full script contains over a million words, and several inkle tricks:
- procedurally self-narrating strategic combat
- conversational gambling
- characters who lie, like, all the time
- so many time loops, so many payoffs
- a powerful ally you can kill early on without realising
- 2 open worlds split across time you can freely remix; we still weep
Sorcery! will be out on the Nintendo Switch on June 23rd for $24.99 / £24.99 / €24,99.