Steve Jackson will remember that
Way back in the day, long before video games were any good, the cool new narrative mechanic was Choose Your Own Adventure books. Wildly popular back in the '70s, '80s, and '90s, the CYOA genre died off sharpish with the invention of point-and-click games, text adventures, and video games with vast, sprawling...
Chronicling the weekend
As we reach the end of yet another week in the year 2022, we also sit at the cusp of the eighth month of the year! In the news this week, Nintendo finally unveiled Wave 2 of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's Booster Course Pass. Bandai Namco has asked Digimon Survive fans on social media to not spoil th
Live for the weekend
School's out for a lot of kids now in the UK — hooray! How many of you will be joining your kids for a summer of gaming? Perhaps Camelot updating its official company website with Golden Sun assets is tempting you to dig into your backlog? Or maybe you'll be going through the 3DS and Wii U eShops after Nintendo gave clearer...
Fire Emblem Warriors! Sonic Origins! AI: The Somnium Files!
The latest Nintendo Download update for North America has arrived, and it's bringing new games galore to the eShop in your region. As always, be sure to drop a vote in our poll and comment down below with your potential picks for the week. Enjoy! Switch eShop - Nintendo Switch Online +...
Turn to page 12
Fantastic news for fans of books that make you write your own story: Steve Jackson's Sorcery!, AKA Inkle's adaptation of Steve Jackson's Sorcery!, AKA No Gravity Games' console port of Inkle' adaptation of Steve Jackson's Sorcery!, has a release date on Nintendo Switch. Initially released for mobile devices, Sorcery! is a four-part...
Recently, I was talking to my partner about my all-time favourite niche genre of games. He's a game developer, so we have these kinds of discussions a lot, usually trying to nail down what it is we like best about a particular game, or scene, or genre — but this time, we were trying to find out exactly what the genre even was. Now,...
Legendary quadrilogy of epic adventure games in a land of monsters, traps, and magic. Journey through hills, forests, cities, dungeons, and even time in the magical world of Sorcery! where every choice matters. Fight, explore, solve puzzles, and most importantly, survive and craft your own unique story!
Sorcery! Parts 1 and 2 are the first half of an epic quadrilogy. Sorcery! 3 takes the adventure to the wilds of the Baklands and creates a fully open-world experience. Sorcery! 4 is a graceful finish to your grand adventure and has you infiltrate The Fortress of Sorcerers. Each part can be played on its own, or you can load your character from one part to the next, carrying over equipment, stats, and narrative choices.
- Freedom to explore - pick your own path and make your own choices, thousands of them
- Progression that counts - load your progress from the previous part and continue your journey
- Spellbook full of wonders - a plethora of weird and wonderful spells that can affect the narrative in wild and unpredictable ways
- Swindle with the best of them - Play Swindlestones, a game of cunning and deceit, for profit or for information
- God(s) be with you - multiple deities, each with their own quirks and powers
- Life of the city - hundreds of characters to interact with
- Slay the night - fight hundreds of unique monsters
- Storytime - Adapted from the best-selling gamebook series by legendary game designer Steve Jackson
- Music to my ears - listen to a beautiful soundtrack by the "80 Days" composer, Laurence Chapman