It's been a long time coming, huh? After its initial announcement several years back (heck, we even signalled its eventual Switch launch back in 2017), The Legend of Bum-bo has finally bagged itself a release date for Switch.
A prequel of sorts to The Binding of Isaac by Edmund McMillen, The Legend of Bum-bo will finally see the light of day on June 29th for the price of $19.99. In terms of gameplay, it's a roguelike tile-matching puzzle game in which you move through a total of four levels, each of which is made up of multiple rooms. You'll come face-to-face with a range of grotesque beasties and will need to match tiles in order to defeat them.
Here's a list of features from publisher Nicalis (note the very important final feature):
- Over 125 unique items that can be modified and upgraded.
- Over 80 unique trinkets that give neato passive abilities.
- Seven playable Bum-bos, each with their own unique abilities.
- 13 ugly-yet-cute bosses.
- Over 40 despicable enemy types.
- Amazing music by Ridiculon.
- Loads of unlockables.
- Animated cutscenes that will make you feel bad.
Are you up for some more weird and wonderful fun from the mind behind The Binding of Isaac? Let us know in the comments!