The Webby Awards have been running for a long time, setup to 'honor the best of the internet'. Its categories are now pretty broad seeing as almost everything is on the internet, so they range from pop culture, to TV and a lot more besides. Quite rightly games are celebrated too, and there were plenty of Indie winners in the line-up, including some excellent titles that can be found on the Switch eShop.
Notable winners were the beautiful platformer Hoa and the smash hit Unpacking, both of which scooped three awards each. Below are all the gaming winners that can be found on the Switch.
- Best Art Direction, Webby and People's Voice Winner - Hoa
- Best Music / Sound Design, Webby Winner - Hoa
- Best User Experience, Webby and People's Voice Winner - Unpacking
- Family & Kids, Webby Winner - Unpacking
- Public Service, Activism, and Social Impact, Webby Winner - Alba: A Wildlife Adventure
- Puzzle & Trivia, Webby Winner - Twelve Minutes
- Technical Achievement, Webby Winner - The Artful Escape
A number of interesting games making the cut - let us know in the comments which of these you've played, or if any of them are still on your backlog / wishlist.
I still need to play "Hoa." Picked it up on Black Friday, but it never seems to make its way to the front of the backlog.
Looking forward to getting to Unpacking once I do some backlog stuff! Looks chill.
Hey Nintendo Life, nice article, so happy that indie developers are getting the attention they deserve. However, I do want to warn you not to use the word "among" in your news titles, as it can give the wrong connotation and give the wrong impression based on a certain game, so maybe be careful with that next time. Cheers!
Tap here to load 3 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...