While the Switch may be short of a lot of the 'usual' first-person shooters, in terms of big franchises, there are a variety of interesting smaller options. Another that's due to arrive in early 2022 is Severed Steel, which focuses on fast and acrobatic gameplay.
It's been out a little while on Steam and the Epic store already, building an audience on PC and having a series of updates. The latest update makes some additions (like a New Game+), with more due to be added in Q1 2022 such as extended campaign stages. Hopefully it'll be a feature complete version that lands on consoles including Switch next year; some of the details are below:
- A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies' cold dead hands
- Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights
- Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon
- Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI
- Firefight Mode: Chase high scores and fast times for leaderboard acclaim in this arcade-styled mode. Features 30 levels, each with their own sub-challenges, and over 20 unlockable, game modifying 'Mutators'
- Campaign Mode: Blast through six compact story chapters as you battle against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys
- Accessibility: A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more
Is this a title you'll keep an eye on for Switch? We'll look out for further details to share in the coming weeks and months.
One Armed Bandit would have been a better name.
Looks quite similar to Super hot which I loved so could be worth a shot
Sounds good. I have seen things of it earlier, and was hoping but not expecting it would end up on Switch. This is news to me, but good news!
Why is everything in slow motion in that video? I want to see normal speed
@WillQuan hey that rhymed
Looks pretty neat! I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Tap here to load 6 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...