Back in the Summer, among a whole lot of online events and game reveals, Chinatown Detective Agency was a title that caught our eye. A mystery adventure inspired by the Carmen Sandiego series that also has a cyberpunk aesthetic, it's easy to be drawn in; you can get a decent look at it in the developer overview above (via GameSpot Trailers).
It's developed by General Interactive Co., and today it's been confirmed that Humble Games will be publishing the game across all platforms. It has an updated release window too, with it now planned for Spring 2022.
Some of the official details are below.
- UNRAVEL A GLOBAL CONSPIRACY - Travel the globe from your base in Singapore in search of leads, and talk with dozens of uniquely voiced characters each with their own mysterious agendas.
- BECOME THE INVESTIGATOR - The mysteries of Chinatown Detective Agency require real-world investigation. You’re not just playing a detective, you’re becoming one.
- WORK SMART - Time is money, and the clock is always ticking. Make good use of the time you have and to keep your agency, and yourself, alive.
- ASSEMBLE A TEAM - You’re going to need assistance. To succeed in investigating cases and solving mysteries, you’ll have to keep your business running and your staff happy.
- LOSE YOURSELF IN THE FUTURE - Neon lamp-light reflected in pools of rainwater. Anti-government graffiti daubed across aging subways. The encroaching murk of riverside London.